West Texas
Sponsored by

West Texas Apocalyptic Fiction Recommendation

2,899 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ryan1999
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good series by author Tom Abrahams (The Traveler series) you might want to check out as the action is centered around Eastland County, Abilene, Lubbock and the Palo Duro Canyon. The thesis is a dystopian future after a disease epidemic has wiped out much of the population of the world. I read theso on Kindle for cheap during the Christmas holidays

https://www.amazon.com/Traveler-Post-Apocalyptic-Dystopian-Adventure-Books-ebook/dp/B0719HWD4Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1548460117&sr=1-1&keywords=the+traveler+series
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Is there a way to get these as paperbacks? I'm not a huge fan of ebooks.
UTExan
coleasterling said:

Is there a way to get these as paperbacks? I'm not a huge fan of ebooks.

You might try Amazon. I didn't like ebooks until this year. Very convenient on long flights it is as well as low light conditions.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
No luck on finding them in physical form. I borrowed my brother's kindle (old one with the white screen) and started reading over the weekend. I'm about done with the first three books and have thoroughly enjoyed them. When I got to my hometown, he did a great job of describing it and it is clear he's done his research. I'm no literary expert, but the writing seems fine to me and the story is great. I would say it is well worth the price.
kapon
AG
Looks good.
Thanks for suggesting them!
GIG 'EM!
ryan1999
Winchester Undead - series by Dave Lund is set in Texas with a lot of it in Big Bend. He is an Aggie, former Corps, Class of '01 I think.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.