Restaurant recs for Shamrock and Childress

2,106 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wildcat08
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're working in several Panhandle creeks next week and will be staying two nights in Shamrock, one in Childress, and one in Abilene. I fear there will be slim pickings?
GSPag`
JTs Drive In in Childress for burgers and fried catfish.

Red River Steakhouse in McLean for decent steaks. Not too far from Shamrock.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
My cousin owns a place in Abilene and although I sadly have never been, I'm told it is "the place" to eat in Abilene. It's called Cypress Street Station.
Animal
AG
Maxey's, in Wheeler, is good and a short drive from Shamrock.
wildcat08
AG
Vagabond Pizza in Abilene. Owned by a guy that posts on Texags. Its outstanding. Headed there tonight, in fact.
canadianAg
AG
Canadian isn't too far away with the Catie Exchange steakhouse which is well known up there
topoftexasag
AG
Gotta have a burger from Hasty's in Shamrock. Red river steakhouse in Mclean is a decent stop too.

If you have time to drive, definitely stop at the Cattle Exchange in Canadian.
Creek06
AG
Try Milo's Steakhouse in Childress it's new but the owner and his familia are good people.
keechi4343
AG
Copper creek in Abilene is good. Expensive, but really good.

I'll 2nd JT's in Childressgood place
wreckncrew
AG
wildcat08 said:

Vagabond Pizza in Abilene. Owned by a guy that posts on Texags. Its outstanding. Headed there tonight, in fact.

I second this recommendation.
Aggie1
AG
How did Abilene restaurants become the answer to a place to eat in Shamrock and Childress?
Potcake
AG
I didn't have Abilene in thread title but mentioned it in my post. We're spending a night there on way back to Austin.
Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone.
Aggie1
AG
Oops. My bad. I wish Zentner's Daughter still was open -- They had tremendous proportions for the $$
Potcake
AG
Aggie1 said:

Oops. My bad. I wish Zentner's Daughter still was open -- They had tremendous proportions for the $$

Zentner's is San Angelo
Aggie1
AG
There used to be one in Abilene. I always tried to stop there enroute between B-CS and Amarillo.
Potcake
AG
Thanks for all the recs. We ended up eating at Big Vern's Steakhouse (meh) one night and Mesquite Canyon Steakhouse (pretty good but no booze) the next night in Shamrock. Went to The Plaza in Childress. Vagabond in Abilene was great, co-workers loved it too.
wildcat08
AG
Glad you enjoyed it; always nice when a recommendation works out. Now that you've been, you might enjoy this thread, which is a play-by-play of how it came to be: [url]https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/2642356/1[/url]
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.