Houston
Sponsored by

Whitaker gets Death Sentence

5,355 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Al Bula
Sugar_Land_Wes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
for killing his family

Crazy - I grew up with this guy

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4612843.html
SJEAg
AG
Twisted. he seem normal when you knew him? Anyone know where they lived in Sugar Land?
Sugar_Land_Wes
AG
Seemed very normal - lived in Sugar Creek

I hung out with him often back in the Little League days, not so much after that
BrazosDog02
AG
Whitaker gettin' juiced.
SPO_Rat_91
Sad story. I feel for the dad, what a nightmare.
SJEAg
AG
Did some reading up on it. Very sad. The murdered brother apparently was a pretty nice kid.
ssolari94
Sugar_Land_Wes
AG
My friend works down at the courthouse and said the case is going to featured on 48 Hours
Diggity
AG
that family lived pretty modestly if they had millions tucked away in savings.
MAROON
AG
a million$ estate is not all that big .....probably more the norm in Sugar Creek than an exception.
agz win
AG
It is the norm in Sugar Creek.

Glad he got the death penalty. Hope as much harm and evil happens to him before and after the juice.

Can't understand how his friends who conspired and attempted earlier times to help kill and testified are allowed to still walk the streets, either. Prosecutors screwed up in cutting them such a lenient deal.
Diggity
AG
ahhh, i see. i think the article i read exaggerated the estate a bit.
Triangle Shirtwaist
Very sad deal... I interacted with him on several occasions and felt the guy was off from the get go. Guess the first time I met him was in April or May of '03. He just seemed like a guy that would rather spit on you than talk to you. Like you could tell he thought of himself as being very superior to those around him.

Too bad Old Sparky is retired.
Nee Nee
AG
They lived in Sugar Lakes, not that it's all THAT different from Sugar Creek, but it seems a little newer/nicer to me... I do think the houses are worth more over in Sugar Lakes though...

Regardless, this has got to be hard on the dad. I can't even imagine what he's going through - first to lose one son and wife at the hands of the other son, but then to lose the only remaining family he has left as well. Ugh.

Not saying that the son doesn't deserve it though. I think the prosecutor was spot-on when he essentially laughed at the defense's argument that he grew up feeling "isolated". He grew up privaledged - period.

Just a sad situation all the way around...
Omar Little
This guy was one of my good friends in High school. We lost contact for a while when he got expeeled for breaking into the school. I even visited his sorry ass in the hospital when he was "shot". I sensed something was a bit weird then. The getaway driver dude was hanging out in there too. When we wuld hang out he had the nicest parents and such. Good christian family. I think he is a bona fide sociopath. I knew he was a bit strange sometimes but damn.
jja79
AG
^
^
surely they teach spelling somewhere along the way to medical school.
Omar Little
I dont proofread what I type and I am a horrible typist.
StEdsCOOG
I thought it was Sugar Lakes. They need to fry this SOB.
elwoosag
Wes...same reaction...can't believe someone that I went to school with and played little league baseball with is on death row. But you get what you deserve.
Triangle Shirtwaist
Did Bart Whitaker get around or what???? I find it very strange so many posters on here have associated with -- in some form -- a convicted criminal about to go on Death Row. Is that weird or what?
Scantron882
AG
I don't find it strange the area where he lived sends a lot of kids to A&M.
agz win
AG
I think it was Sugar Lakes and it is newer than SugarCreek.

His parents gave him a $4k Rolex at the dinner celebrating his graduation the night just before they went home and the killings began. He didn't graduate and wasn't even enrolled at the time.
Sugar_Land_Wes
AG
Triangle - believe it or not, Sugar Land used to be alot smaller...people knew the majority of the people their same age, especially the younger ages through sports
Diggity
AG
it's always weird when you find out you know a killer. i knew a guy in high school that felt it was a good idea to shoot up mardi gras in galveston. can't say i was completely suprised about that one though.
StEdsCOOG
My neighbor two houses down had his wife killed on Valentines Day, which was also her birthday. He use to come over to our house after her death and tell my parents about how much he missed her and this while the sherriffs department had told us he was the lead suspect. He ended up fleeing Sugar Land and was later arrested in Buffalo. It actually made its way to Unsolved Mysteries before his arrest. What makes it creepy is that we still have pictures of him and her at my parents Halloween party and that I use to go over to his house and watch him shoot arrows into targets in his backyard and I would run down to the target and grab them for him. He was a great guy from what I remember.
Aggiepax
Diggity,

I went to that mardi gras. It was a spooky feeling after hearing the gun shot.
BMX Bandit
due to be executed tonight, unless Gov. Abbott gives clemency, which has been recommended by the parole board
YellAg2004
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/bart-whitakers-fate-rests-in-hands-of-gov-abbott-as-execution-date-inches-forward
Tom Hagen
AG
BMX Bandit said:

due to be executed tonight, unless Gov. Abbott gives clemency, which has been recommended by the parole board
It would be bad optics if the Abbott grants him clemency. Q10 would be on the news claiming it is because he is a white boy from the suburbs (and he would be right for once).
03_Aggie
Tom Hagen said:

BMX Bandit said:

It would be bad optics if the Abbott grants him clemency. Q10 would be on the news claiming it is because he is a white boy from the suburbs (and he would be right for once).

And he'd be wrong.....again.
Al Bula
AG
And life without parole.
BMX Bandit
Abbott doesn't give a spit what Q10 thinks or does.
GoAgs92
AG
Sugar_Land_Wes said:

Seemed very normal - lived in Sugar Creek

I hung out with him often back in the Little League days, not so much after that
Buddy of mine played LL with him too....weird.
Liquid Wrench
There was a lot of movement in and out of SW Houston and Fort Bend County in the 80s and 90s, but it was a slightly smaller world for longterm residents who were active in the community.
Tom Hagen
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Abbott doesn't give a spit what Q10 thinks or does.
A family murderer deserves to die.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.