Houston
Sponsored by

Quick rec for bbq near galleria

5,470 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 2%er/New Army
Marvin_Zindler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not to derail...but I saw in HBJ that the Pit Room is planning to open a Memorial City Location late next year. Great news for the 77024/77079 crowd. The west belt/west side is a waste land for good BBQ that isn't cooked on Jetch's backyard grill.
digging tunnels
AG
Just curious. What are the places in the area that have NOT been recommended? It'll save money and time
BMX Bandit
schmellba99 said:

waryman said:

Another vote for Brisket House at Augusta and Woodway. Original owner started with the old Tom's BBQ in CS.

If it is similar to Toms...hard pass for me. I was never impressed there and could not figure out what the buzz was about.

Served on wax paper. Amazing concept
BarryProfit
Marvin_Zindler said:

Not to derail...but I saw in HBJ that the Pit Room is planning to open a Memorial City Location late next year. Great news for the 77024/77079 crowd. The west belt/west side is a waste land for good BBQ that isn't cooked on Jetch's backyard grill.

Wow! Great news.
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
84AGEC said:

Brisket house is good too

I have worked in the Galleria area for 10 years and Brisket House on Augusta is consistently the best brisket and has very good sides as well.

There are only three things that I would characterize as "negative":

1. They are proud of their product and the prices reflect that; and
2. You will smell like you've been standing over a bbq pit for an hour when you leave. That's only a negative if you don't like the fragrance of oak and/or you have to go back to work and don't want your colleagues to know you had bbq for lunch; and
3. Parking is a challenge.
waryman
AG
FTACo88-FDT24dad said:

84AGEC said:

I have worked in the Galleria area for 10 years and Brisket House on Augusta is consistently the best brisket and has very good sides as well.

2. You will smell like you've been standing over a bbq pit for an hour when you leave. That's only a negative if you don't like the fragrance of oak and/or you have to go back to work and don't want your colleagues to know you had bbq for lunch; and

Completely agree on all counts, but found my visits were not deterred because the food is great.

There are a few tables on the covered sidewalk that can be used to help combat the lingering smokiness.

And I stumbled upon parking behind the strip center one day. Entrance is between the cleaners and the building with the restaurant.

I felt pricing was reasonable, except for the gargantuan beef rib.
AgCPA95
AG
waryman said:

FTACo88-FDT24dad said:

84AGEC said:

Completely agree on all counts, but found my visits were not deterred because the food is great.

There are a few tables on the covered sidewalk that can be used to help combat the lingering smokiness.

And I stumbled upon parking behind the strip center one day. Entrance is between the cleaners and the building with the restaurant.

I felt pricing was reasonable, except for the gargantuan beef rib.

It's walkable in decent weather from our office bus sometimes drive. Always look for street parking or you can use Cyclones valet. The smoke situation seems to be better now as you pointed out in the past anyone in our office could recognize where you had lunch all afternoon
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
Roegels in a landslide. Brisket House a distant second!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
84AGEC said:

Doesn't get enough love. It's fantastic with little to no wait, reasonable portions and prices. Plus the owner I believe is an Ag.
Jock 07
AG
Not to hijack the thread but does anyone have any inside info on any places shutting down over the Christmas break time? I'm gonna be back in town on Christmas through the 29th and want to try and hit up Truth or Corkscrew or one of the other spots if I can find the time.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
It's funny how many people mentioned the bbq sauce smell from Brisket House. Haven't been there in forever, but I distinctly remember smelling it for the rest of the day. Like I was really hungover, but sweating bbq sauce instead of the booze stench.
waryman
AG
For the avoidance of doubt, the odor was from the smoke in the room permeating one's clothes as opposed to sauce sweats!
HtownAg92
AG
waryman said:

For the avoidance of doubt, the odor was from the smoke in the room permeating one's clothes as opposed to sauce sweats!
Sauce sweats are usually the result of Indian food. Curry sweats and catastrophic colon sprays.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I love Pinkerton but speaking of odor I hate how they are unable to keep the smoke odor and taste out of their desserts. Of course those places aren't known for their desserts but still.
AustinCountyAg
not BBQ, but wife and and I ate at IL Bracco the other night. damn good pasta and excellent service
htxag09
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

not BBQ, but wife and and I ate at IL Bracco the other night. damn good pasta and excellent service
Was wondering about this, work down the street. But had to chuckle at this recommendation being in a BBQ thread
HtownAg92
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

My family had Tex-Mex at Los Tios in Meyerland recently, so I hear ya.
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
Nothing quite like Los Tios in Meyerland Plaza!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Eado time: Anyone have a review of J-Bar-M yet?
Texan_Aggie
AG
Harry Lime said:

Eado time: Anyone have a review of J-Bar-M yet?
It's okay. It's a great venue and place to hang out with their beer garden. BBQ is average to good. Price seemed a bit high too.

Nothing special, but a good place to take out of towners to kill an afternoon.
TXAG 05
AG
They ran off Willow the pitmaster a couple months ago, and haven't been back since, but it was great when he was there.
2%er/New Army
Came back to try Luling again based on this thread. Whoever recommended this place should be embarrassed. It is laughable compared to the other options available. Spicy sausage is super dry. Brisket was OK at best. Jeezus Christ.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.