Houston
Sponsored by

Quick rec for bbq near galleria

5,405 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 2%er/New Army
flipper94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a buddy in from Canada, I'm out of town so he can't have the best bbq in Houston, which is my backyard, so need to find him something close to the galleria area that will suffice for this trip. Any rec?
RynoAg
AG
Roegels!
BarryProfit
What's close?

Pit room pretty close. Roegels is close. I'd consider the heights area as close which opens up Truth and Pinkerton.

I'd prob send him to truth or Pinkertons.
flipper94
AG
Appreciate ya!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Pappas bbq at hobby, then ship him home, eh hoser.
David_Puddy
AG
I'd go Truth....close enough to the Galleria
lb sand
AG
Check to see if pinkertons is open. If I recall, they are closed a few days in the middle of the week.
drwong
AG
blood Bros is really close to the Galleria.
txags92
AG
Roegels.
Whoop Delecto
AG
Chewy
AG
If he wants the full experience of standing in a long ass line go to Truth.

If he wants a medium experience of standing in a somewhat long line go to Pinkerton's.

If he wants BBQ as good as anywhere in town with a minimal line go to Roegel's.

Pit Room is also right there BBQ wise but I don't go regularly enough to know the line situation.
DiskoTroop
WhoopRAB said:

If he likes Canadian BBQ, then JOEY Uptown is your spot. https://joeyrestaurants.com/location/joey-uptown

"The Galleria is also growing its stable of restaurants with opening this summer of JOEY Uptown, which is transforming the former home of Yauatcha into an industrial chic eatery. Canadian-based Joey Restaurants operates more than two dozen casual restaurants across the United States and Canada. Executive chef Chris Mills is working on a globally inspired menu for the Houston outpost. JOEY Restaurants are self touted as "the ultimate in casual dining."

Trying to figure out how this is bbq…
redaszag99
Is Luling City Market still on Richmond. It was a lunch staple for a while but I haven't been in a few years.

Valtrex_11
stockyard
84AGEC
AG
Brisket house is good too
ptothemo
AG
As Chewy points out, there is no quick bbq.

One must stand in line for multiple hours, opine on the source of the pitmaster's wood, soapbox on bbq experiences that were better than the one that is about to happen, avail the masses of the faults in their choice of beer, and post a critique of the entire situation to a small mass of fellow bbq aficionados on their social network of choice.

This is the only way.
Whoop Delecto
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
redaszag99 said:

Is Luling City Market still on Richmond. It was a lunch staple for a while but I haven't been in a few years.

Yeah. It'll get bashed on here because it's old, and not cheap, but that would be my obvious suggestion to an out-of-towner in the Galleria area.
jrrhouston98
AG
Roeggels or Brisket House
flipper94
AG
Luling sausage is the Lords work. No question. So much of my overweightness is directly attributed to it. That and beer. Ok. More beer than sausage but still.
TxKng82
AG
If he's going tomorrow (Thursday), he needs to hit Roegel's for the Smoked Pastrami Rueben with a side of collared greens. Might just have to go tomorrow myself.
waryman
AG
Another vote for Brisket House at Augusta and Woodway. Original owner started with the old Tom's BBQ in CS.
BBRex
AG
TxKng82 said:

If he's going tomorrow (Thursday), he needs to hit Roegel's for the Smoked Pastrami Rueben with a side of collared greens. Might just have to go tomorrow myself.

A great sandwich, but not what I would give someone from out of town to try as Texas barbecue.
cryption
Another vote for brisket house. And you get to smell like BBQ all day
MosesHallDeadPot94
Brisket House - warm bbq sauce is also amazing. Personally I thought Truth BBQ was mediocre at best and Blood Brothers was pretty bad ( never understood excitement about that place - I don't think they even cook over a pit there)
ttha_aggie_09
AG
No offense but if you're making a recommendation for BBQ and mention anything about the sauce, you lose all credibility…
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Go back to Asstin w/ your smoky hot bbq takes.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Harry Lime said:

I'm in Katy and enjoy real BBQ. My apologies to you and the other neophytes sucking down brisket draped with BBQ sauce
BSD
AG
Roegels…especially on Thursday for the pastrami brisket.
DiskoTroop
WhoopRAB said:

It was a joke,

the not funnierWhoopRab

I was genuinely confused if you were serious or not!! I may have urbandictionary'd Canadian bbq…
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Harry Lime said:

I'm in Katy and enjoy real BBQ. My apologies to you and the other neophytes sucking down brisket draped with BBQ sauce

So stupid. Grant Pinkerton himself thinks this is a dumbass take.
schmellba99
AG
waryman said:

Another vote for Brisket House at Augusta and Woodway. Original owner started with the old Tom's BBQ in CS.

If it is similar to Toms...hard pass for me. I was never impressed there and could not figure out what the buzz was about.
84AGEC
AG
He didn't start toms but was the pit master at the second location.

The third location was not good
12th Man Ag
AG
Roegel's if he wants to drive west. Truth if he wants to drive east.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
flipper94 said:

Luling sausage is the Lords work. No question. So much of my overweightness is directly attributed to it. That and beer. Ok. More beer than sausage but still.
Luling Jalapeno Sausage is the best in town.

All-in-All, Roeggles is hard to beat. Can't go wrong.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.