Houston
Sponsored by

Lasik recs and cost

1,601 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Burn-It
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who do you like and what's the current cost? My optometrist recommended Whitsett...any experiences with his joint?

(I know there have been past threads on this but none lately.)
agz win
AG
Mann Eye Institute- Daddy Dr Mann is still practicing and did my neighbor about 5 months ago in Kingwood office and lives in the neighborhood. I had mine done in his Midtown office. Highly recommend. They have a once a year sale discount.

Madmarttigan
AG
I used joffe and it was a couple thousand but I guess with that discount they messed up numbing my eyes.

I felt everything, but hey it worked and what's 30 seconds of excruciating pain if you save abunch.
AMW2010
AG
Mann eye in the woodlands, got it done 2 summers ago… BEST thing EVER!!!! If you would like to use my name as a recommendation I can give it to ya. Don't think… just get it done… assuming you age of course!
Guitarsoup
AG
I had mine done at Berkley in Kingwood. Super easy and liked their staff. I'm really particular about my eyes being a photographer, so it was a big choice for me.
maroon barchetta
Use Dr. Charlie Moore. [/John Granato]
Aggie09Derek
AG
Don't shop price. Top docs/places all pretty much the same so just go with one of them and get them to match if another is offering cheaper.

Mann eye med center area for me.
MAS444
AG
I'm not shopping price - just curious what the going rate is now at the main places.
BBRex
AG
Whitsett did mine. I was +7.5, and he was recommended by my optometrist as someone who could do more difficult procedures. I've been 20/20 since 2019. Even my eye doctor was surprised at how well the outcome was.
maroon barchetta
BBRex said:

Whitsett did mine. I was +7.5, and he was recommended by my optometrist as someone who could do more difficult procedures. I've been 20/20 since 2019. Even my eye doctor was surprised at how well the outcome was.

I remember hearing him advertised on Lance and John's show. I think John did the Charlie Moore ads and Lance did the Jeff Whitsett ads.
fire09
AG
Another vote for Mann eye. 15 years of 20/20 vision.
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
Dr. C. Moore did mine in 2002 but he's retired and his practice is no more. I chose Mann Eye in Sugar Land because it was convenient to my house but after consultation I am holding off for a few more years because since I already had lasik I would have to get lens replacement surgery this time which is 3-4 time more expensive than my original lasik surgery. $3500 IIRC
I've lost some sharpness but still don't need glasses, just readers.
Burn-It
AG
I had Mann Midtown, young Mann Jr did the procedure. They did a blended surgery, distance left eye, reading right eye. Distance is good, but reading has not met expectations. Eyes are constantly dry, taking ALOT of Rx & OTC drops each day for the past 18 months with no end in sight.

I know alot of people love their results, not me.
AKA 13-0
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.