Houston
Sponsored by

Houston man found dead in the ship channel

11,340 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by GiggityAg01
Petrino1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone following this story? A 26 year old went missing two weeks ago after being kicked out of Mcintyres bar for being too drunk. No trace of him for two weeks and then his body was found floating in the ship channel. Pretty crazy story.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/delano-burkes-houston-missing/285-fa944cb6-558b-4aed-af49-4ae373b8621d
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
No friends to watch out for him if he was getting to lit at the bar?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Cedar Creek (on foot)>White Oak Bayou>Buffalo Bayou>Ship Channel?
bularry
P.H. Dexippus said:

would be my guess
Irish 2.0
Lawsuit against McIntyre's in 3...2...1...
The Wonderer
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Probably, but I'm curious if he showed up drunk and was kicked out or if they served him to drunkenness and then kicked him out.
Irish 2.0
The Wonderer said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Probably, but I'm curious if he showed up drunk and was kicked out or if they served him to drunkenness and then kicked him out.
That will be the million dollar question (no pun intended). You and I both know they have cameras everywhere in that place that are fully functional. The article makes it sound like he wandered into McIntyres and the heavy drinking occurred somewhere else during the fight.
The Wonderer
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

The Wonderer said:

Irish 2.0 said:

That will be the million dollar question (no pun intended). You and I both know they have cameras everywhere in that place that are fully functional. The article makes it sound like he wandered into McIntyres and the heavy drinking occurred somewhere else during the fight.
I've seen them kick people out numerous times that showed up drunk. They are one of the more consistent establishments in that regard in my experience.
Irish 2.0
Same. Kind of wonder who was showing the fight in that area that night. Drift or Moonshine's maybe?
Petrino1
Irish 2.0 said:

Same. Kind of wonder who was showing the fight in that area that night. Drift or Moonshiner's maybe?
Moonshine Deck and Tokyo Joe's on 20th were both showing the fight that night. I think Mcintyres and Drift were also showing it.
Irish 2.0
Never heard of Tokyo Joe's until you just mentioned it
Petrino1
Irish 2.0 said:

The Wonderer said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Yea it sounds like Delano and his buddy went to an unknown "club" earlier, then pulled over so Delano could pee at Mcintyres. Delano's buddy left him there, and Im assuming Delano got kicked out after using the bathroom around 1am. There hasnt been anything reported about where they were drinking at before Delano went to Mcintyres. Sounds kind of weird for Delano's friend to just leave him there like that.
BG Knocc Out
Horrible...if you're too drunk to get into bars, going to be pretty tough to swim your way out of a bayou. Is the theory that he fell or jumped into White Oak somehow? Cedar Creek is tiny right? This story made much more sense when I was assuming it was McIntyre's downtown.
BG Knocc Out
ea1060 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

The Wonderer said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Yea it sounds like Delano and his buddy went to an unknown "club" earlier, then pulled over so Delano could pee at Mcintyres. Delano's buddy left him there, and Im assuming Delano got kicked out after using the bathroom around 1am. There hasnt been anything reported about where they were drinking at before Delano went to Mcintyres. Sounds kind of weird for Delano's friend to just leave him there like that.
If they weren't the best of friends and Delano was wasted out of his mind and acting an ass, then I could see something like this making a little sense. I've wanted to ditch friends who were so wasted i was babysitting them before, and probably vice versa...but the expectation is that they'll make it home alive and you can go grab lunch the next day or hangout again soon. It's all speculation obviously, but imagine the level of guilt and regret you'd feel if you were the one who dropped him off and ditched him.
Irish 2.0
I suspect they're thinking he went in somewhere around TC Jester and 18th
Al Bula
AG
This is a weird story for sure. Dude clearly couldn't handle a guys night out, his friends are scumbags and his mom needs to quit getting herself all over TV asserting this fool was being chased and didn't have control of his body.

The surveillance footage clearly shows this idiot was high, drunk or both on some primo stuff. He was prancing around the heights like a damn dancing fool.

Also, what kind of friends leave in the intoxicated person's car without the intoxicated person? Rhetorical, don't answer.

Reminds me of how the black gal in Mexico was treated by her friends... one of them killed her and they returned to the US.

Would not at all be shocked that the very friends who took his car home had something to do with this.
BG Knocc Out
Irish 2.0 said:

Makes sense. I don't even know how that happens though, other than intentionally.

Or maybe trying to walk the slippery embankment drunk, just for fun?
Irish 2.0
I've dealt with those friends and have admittedly been that friend before. I will at minimum order them an uber off their phone and toss their ass in to get them home.
BG Knocc Out
Irish 2.0 said:

I've dealt with those friends and have admittedly been that friend before. I will at minimum order them an uber off their phone and toss their ass in to get them home.
Same...but in my mid 20's I was a lot less responsible. Still, never recall leaving a buddy like this. And they were probably not THIS under the influence, just really drunk and having a good time and I told them had to leave. This story is pretty strange. I have a hard time believing hard drugs were not involved here.
The Wonderer
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Never heard of Tokyo Joe's until you just mentioned it
They are already causing a stir with the neighbors due to loud music blasting past midnight. They'll likely be reported for noise ord violations based on what I'm seeing in the Shady Acres FB and Nextdoor groups. Downside to being on the edge next to the residential area.
CDUB98
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Makes sense. I don't even know how that happens though, other than intentionally.

Or maybe trying to walk the slippery embankment drunk, just for fun?

If you're that wasted, you probably just see it as a small ditch to cross. Likely fell down at the first step, hit the bottom, continued on into the water, and got swept away.
sts7049
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

seems like a long way to float without anyone seeing anything...but, i guess there has been some rain and probably enough to wash things all the way down.
HtownAg92
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Same...but in my mid 20's I was a lot less responsible. Still, never recall leaving a buddy like this. And they were probably not THIS under the influence, just really drunk and having a good time and I told them had to leave. This story is pretty strange. I have a hard time believing hard drugs were not involved here.
We never left anyone behind unless they were securely rounding third on some strange. But then again, I didn't party in the age of Uber, which seems like it would be easier and more common to leave someone to fend on their own if they were showing their arse, because they won't have to walk.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Tokyo Joe's goes hard.
swimmerbabe11
i saw his image in missing ads making the rounds on fb and insta, was surprised no one had posted about it when he initially went missing tbh
maroon barchetta
High school friend of mine goes to church with this kid. We don't talk often but I had an extra ticket at the last minute to Satriani at HOB a couple weeks ago and was trying to find someone to use it.

Called my friend. He said he had just gotten back from working with a search party looking for any sign of this kid and was in no frame of mind to go out. This was before it made the news. I finally saw it on the KTRK website the next day.

He said they were really suspicious of the "friends" that somehow ended up having this guy's keys and leaving in his car without him. The theory that someone doctored his drink with something was in play already.

My friend had nothing but good things to say about this kid. He didn't for one second think this could be from him pregaming too hard before hitting McIntyre's.

Maybe the autopsy will tell us something but it might be difficult if he was in the water that whole time.

I, too, figured he went into a bayou and floated down but it's really odd that nobody would see a body for almost two weeks over a 15-mile stretch.

I've seen a body that was in Oyster Creek a few days before being found. It was not a pretty sight. Lots of little crabs and fish and bugs eating on it when they pulled it out of the creek.

I'm sure this was much worse after all that time. Really not sure if an autopsy will be able to tell if he was just drunk or had been roofied in some way.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Unbelievable I am so sorry. How was Satriani?
swimmerbabe11
uh so I got second hand info tonight from the peeps that found his body.

he didn't fall. face was smashed in.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Unbelievable I am so sorry. How was Satriani?

I don't know what to say here.

I'll just say nothing.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

He said they were really suspicious of the "friends" that somehow ended up having this guy's keys and leaving in his car without him. The theory that someone doctored his drink with something was in play already.
Damn.
BudFox7
Was high/drunk and kicked out of mcintyres immediately. Last seen at bevis and TC headed towards the bayou……

Family trying to use it for a paycheck with the help of the usual local grifters.
MAS444
AG
Yeah I'm not buying the dude somehow got into a bayou on his own and floated from north of downtown through multiple stretches of bayous into the ship channel. That's a LONG way with many turns, obstructions, shallow spots, people/bums, etc. I'm almost saying no way. More likely he was dumped somewhere at/near the ship channel.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Possible his body was dumped immediately and sunk/weighted down, then broke free the other day when the bayous were all running full bore?
swimmerbabe11
apparently it's not as uncommon as you might think
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
ea1060 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

The Wonderer said:

Irish 2.0 said:

In Delano's car and he hadnt hung out with that guy in a while. Sounds fishy to me.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.