Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Top 100 Restaurants Out

14,134 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
DustysLineup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChipFTAC01
AG
texagbeliever said:

Diggity said:

texagbeliever said:

Diggity said:

I would question why a place like Preslee's would ever be on a food critic's radar in the first place. Must have missed that outrage.

I have no love for Allison Cook. Just think the criticism of a food critic's appearance is funny.

A common man, who looks at Allison Cook, can tell he most likely will never order the same food she would at a restraunt. At the same time, her appearance would suggest she doesn't have a great attention to detail either. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just doesn't seem to make for a valuable food critic review for most.
I think the Chronicle has a reader's choice list for the best "common man" restaurants.
I didn't mean common as in a reasonable price meal kind of person. I mean it as someone who would rate a course more based on the quality of the meat then the Brussel sprouts and cauliflower appetizer.

Speaking of Brussels sprouts appetizer, a friend recommended Fieldings Wood Grill in the woodlands for a business lunch last week. I had their Brussels sprouts as a side and they surpassed Underbelly's as "best sprouts in the Tine".
swimmerbabe11
eric Sandler is the best food writer in Houston btw

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.