Houston
Sponsored by

Local source for restoring old tube radios?

577 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
VAXMaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is anyone familiar with someone in the Houston area that restores old vacuum tube radios? I would like to get a couple of my dad's old systems updated before all the guys that know how are gone.

aggiedent
AG
I've used Bammel TV for some old tube stereo repair. They did a great job, but we're backed up a few weeks. Vintage Sound kind of specializes in it, but I've never used them. There are several other places that service tube amps/stereos/radios/etc.

I seriously doubt this knowledge will pass in our lifetimes, as long as tube guitar amps and stereo amplifiers are still made, and the 3 factories that make vacuum tubes are still around.

Jock 07
AG
Not sure but if you need dvds converted to laser discs I know a guy.
VAXMaster
AG
aggiedent said:

I've used Bammel TV for some old tube stereo repair. They did a great job, but we're backed up a few weeks. Vintage Sound kind of specializes in it, but I've never used them. There are several other places that service tube amps/stereos/radios/etc.

I seriously doubt this knowledge will pass in our lifetimes, as long as tube guitar amps and stereo amplifiers are still made, and the 3 factories that make vacuum tubes are still around.

Thanks! I'll check with both to see what they can do for me!
Sea Speed
AG
Interested. I have an awesome old houston made Curtis mathes that half works I would love to get running.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.