Houston
Sponsored by

New pool inspection

1,609 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tommyjohn
SjAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We want to put in a dark bottom pool and would need to pass the City of Houston final inspection. Anyone have experience and / or issues here? Thank you.
Martin Q. Blank
You must be able to see an 8" black disc at the bottom of the deepest part of the pool.

This says plaster must be white or light color, but I think it's old.
https://www.houstontx.gov/health/Environmental/codes43.pdf

This is the current code. Says Ch. 43 was amended entirely in 2010 and I don't see anything about light color.
https://library.municode.com/tx/houston/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=COOR_CH43POSPSA
SjAg
AG
Thank you. Water will be dark blue and will be able to see black drains so believe black disk will be no issue. Appreciate the help here. The prior verbiage (white plaster) had me concerned.
Bassmaster
AG
Hope you're planning to put in a chiller.
Beckdiesel03
AG
You are not kidding. Growing up my friend had a dark bottom pool and that thing was miserable to be in all summer. Like taking a bath.
SjAg
AG
Ha, chiller is installed. Gonna feel like Barton Springs these next few months.
OnlyForNow
AG
What kind of chiller did you get installed?
SjAg
AG
Glacier.
CowtownAg06
AG
Did you have it installed after the rest of your equipment? Who did it and do you have any thoughts on it yet?
SjAg
AG
Putting in a new pool so implementing with the new equipment package (Pentair gear). Pouring WetEdge pebble in a few weeks and filling up. Will report back on the Chiller effectiveness. My buddy down the road has similar setup and the Chiller allows for all day pool days in peak Summer and feel refreshed the whole time.
SjAg
AG
Happy to report back that pool is done and Chiller is installed. It's a refreshing 84 degrees water temp. Only downside is the Glacier unit is big and it is quite loud.
ktownag08
AG
Love our Glacier chiller. We have it set to come on Friday mornings and stay on all weekend. Warmest the water gets is about 88 even on the 100+ days.

Our pool is full sun with midnight blue Stonescapes mini pebble too. Without the chiller, water is at 94/95.
tommyjohn
I just set the hot tub to 104 and spend about 5 in there.

The pool at 94 feels pretty good after that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.