Houston
Sponsored by

It's hot outside

3,201 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AlaskanAg99
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everyone, it's hot out. Let's head abc's advice:
https://instagr.am/p/CfHcVgdLnoF
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Hard to argue there.
aTm2004
AG
Translation: Welcome to Houston. It's hot and we're full. We'll help you pack.
BaileyAg
AG
I just want some rain
Scientific
AG
I looked back when was the last reported day we had temps below 90, and surprisingly, it was the 3rd. It feels like its been hot since at least April. The heat index would easily have us in the mid 90s since the end of Spring.
redag06
Scientific said:

I looked back when was the last reported day we had temps below 90, and surprisingly, it was the 3rd. It feels like its been hot since at least April. The heat index would easily have us in the mid 90s since the end of Spring.
End of spring was just YESTERDAY.
swimmerbabe11
BaileyAg said:

I just want some rain

Had like 4 drops in Richmond today and was like wooooo
Cromagnum
AG
Allegedly a backdoor front (from the northeast) is coming Sunday night and supposed to post up offshore. Hopefully it rains.
schmendeler
AG
We got a good shower for about 5-10 minutes earlier. The first in what seems like forever.
Spore Ag
Brits living here used to get hardship pay until it was reported that just about everything is air conditioned.
htxag09
AG
Spore Ag said:

Brits living here used to get hardship pay until it was reported that just about everything is air conditioned.

Lol. We had our global call today and our Uk personnel were talking about summer finally hitting them hard and to make sure they hydrate, etc. The person sharing slides pulled up the forecast and the high was 76
schmendeler
AG
That's amazing
AlaskanAg99
AG
Solid shower at my place. Finally getting some rain.
Al Bula
AG
Man, I long for the days when the news during the summer was massive heat advisories in the northeast showing fat people near urban fountains.

All we get these days are fake treason reports, descriptiveless crime, Covid pandering and pride "celebrations."
Sea Speed
AG
It is kind of weird but to me this summer hasn't felt hot at all. I swear just the knowledge that I now have a pool I can jump in mentally makes me feel cooler. Its weird. I've spent more time outside during the day in the last 2 months than I have in the last 3 years.
htxag09
AG
I mean I spend more time outside than most. I typically run an hour during lunch and basically am outside with the kid from the time we get home until bedtime (breaking for dinner). But it's hot as hell. And it's hotter earlier than normal. These are august temps, not June.
Sea Speed
AG
I am not saying it isn't hot, im saying that mentally it is like I have disconnected myself from the heat. Its a weird phenomenon. I usually hate being out in the heat but that has not been the case this year because for some weird reason it hasn't felt miserable to me and I attribute that to some sort of weird mental thing where because we now have a pool I know I can cool off whenever I want. I know it makes no sense so no worries ha
Hey Doc, my psoas is sore
Even the yellow jackets were too hot to bust me today, just waved me forward.
IDaggie06
AG
The humidity has been lower than normal due to the lack of rain so it hasn't felt as muggy.

The people in Houston who complain about the heat non-stop are very annoying. Just move.

I despise really cold weather and you will never find me living in the north.
Sea Speed
AG
I met my wife in Boston and told her she was welcome to move or forget we met. I dont do cold.
spadilly
S
We got about thirty second of rain yesterday. Just enough to turn up the steam and humidity to 11 afterwards. Miserable.
cajunaggie08
AG
Scientific
AG
redag06 said:

Everyone knows our summers start way early. Seasons are out the door here. In any case, I thought most people still viewed the start of summer at Memorial Day.
Cromagnum
AG
Scientific said:

redag06 said:

Everyone knows our summers start way early. Seasons are out the door here. In any case, I thought most people still viewed the start of summer at Memorial Day.

Summer is a 6 month season here. We get two weeks of the pollening that we call spring, and a goofy hybrid season that shuffles between fall and winter for a while.
swimmerbabe11
IDaggie06 said:

The humidity has been lower than normal due to the lack of rain so it hasn't felt as muggy.

The people in Houston who complain about the heat non-stop are very annoying. Just move.

I despise really cold weather and you will never find me living in the north.

yep. I love this weather. all of you who want to complain feel free to move to Michigan or New York or something
herb96
AG
fake news, I'm going out on my run at 5pm
aTm2004
AG
herb96 said:

fake news, I'm going out on my run at 5pm
Back when I was around 25 or so, I worked 6p-6a at my company, so I'd normally wake up around 2, then go outside and run 2-3 miles before going to the gym to lift. When it'd began getting hot, it'd suck for a week or so, but after awhile, it didn't bother me other than sometimes choosing to change shirts before going to the gym.
TXAG 05
AG
Scientific said:

redag06 said:

This. The calendar can say whatever it wants, but it's wrong. Spring is march and April. Summer is May through mid/late Sept, Fall picks up from there. Winter is funny. Sometimes it's a couple months, sometimes it's just a couple days. February is just along for the ride. Sometimes cold, sometimes nice.
case04
AG
not to brag or anything but we got a good shower yesterday for about 35 minutes
schmellba99
AG
It's hot as balls. And dry. And both are fine.

A little rain wouldn't be a big deal...problem is this time of year we have to worry about a lot more than a little rain whenever the tropics start going Karen on us. I'll gladly take hot and dry over anything that comes up from the south.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
htxag09 said:

Spore Ag said:

Lol. We had our global call today and our Uk personnel were talking about summer finally hitting them hard and to make sure they hydrate, etc. The person sharing slides pulled up the forecast and the high was 76
F'n limey p*ssies. It's no wonder a bunch of backwoods rag tag Americans were able to successfully fight off their organized armies.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
AlaskanAg99
AG
schmellba99 said:

A little rain wouldn't be a big deal...problem is this time of year we have to worry about a lot more than a little rain whenever the tropics start going Karen on us. I'll gladly take hot and dry over anything that comes up from the south.

I've got a bad feeling about 'canes getting rowdy in the gulf this year. Hopefully they just go bonkers in MX and FL.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
schmellba99 said:

Sucks for farmers and ranchers and my lawn that almost can't be watered enough. I hate Bermuda grass.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
redag06
Scientific said:

redag06 said:

Username DOES NOT check out.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Because water prices keep rising (thank you WHCRWA) I'm getting closer and closer to ripping out my front lawn, laying down drip irrigation for the oaks and xeriscaping the front lawn.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.