Houston
Sponsored by

Katy pediatrician that is good and can see a sick kid within a day or two?

1,374 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 12Power
aggiesundevil4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are just sick of Texas children's pediatric practice in Katy. It takes forever to get an appointment for a sick kid. Any recommendations? Would prefer to stay in Katy area if possible.
drumboy
AG
I think Bluefish has a Katy location and we get in quickly when needed.
htxag09
AG
Sucks, and no help, but hasn't been our experience with Texas childrens in town. Now, it's not always our doctor, but have never had to wait longer than probably 12 hours to get an appointment
Mikeyshooter
AG
Town and Country Pediatrics at TCH West Campus has been good to us.
canadianAg
AG
We use bluefish in Katy and have never had an issue getting in the same day for sick visits
aggiesundevil4
AG
Thanks y'all! We are also open to a general family practice doctor that would see adults or kids.
CyanideJenkins
AG
Dr Agnes Kisch at Westside Pediatrics

https://www.westsidepediatricskaty.com
ChipFTAC01
AG
htxag09 said:

Sucks, and no help, but hasn't been our experience with Texas childrens in town. Now, it's not always our doctor, but have never had to wait longer than probably 12 hours to get an appointment

Same. We go to a tch practice in westchase and they always get them in same day when they're sick.
aftershock
We see Dr Dehlavi at Sprout Pediatric. We've always been able to get in for "sick visits" same day.

https://www.sproutpedi.com/
aTm2004
AG
I came here to mention staying away from anything Texas Children's because they still require you to mask up, clog your knot, and wear goggles so vaccinated people and kids with zero risk might not catch an asymptomatic cold.

All of the docs in the Kingwood practice, minus 1, have gone full COVIDian, and I'm tired of it. It's taken a bit longer for the wife, but she's coming around. My final straw was them forcing my son to wear a mask when we were in there for an ear ache (swimmer's ear) and they tried several times to convince me to let them test him for COVID because he felt warm. Eff off.

The only thing keeping us there is our kid's primary Ped is the 1 sane one left who lives with the understanding kids have gotten sick his whole career and COVID didn't make those illnesses go away. If we can't get into see him quickly, we go to the minor emergency clinic near us where the ol Indian doc still practices actual medicine rather than corporate medicine.
MSL Ag
AG
Also can recommend Blue Fish, but I'm pretty biased. I've worked at the Katy location before and all the docs are great. Most of our schedules allow for at least 3-4 sick visits per hour, so we don't usually have a problem seeing patient's who want to be seen when sick.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Thunder18
AG
Following. Our kids are currently with TCH, but used to be with Dr. Dehlavi at Sprout. TCH is kind of a PITA to get an appointment with. Might have to check out bluefish
cajunaggie08
AG
We used bluefish when we lived in Copperfield and then after moving to Katy switched to the Katy location and they have been great at both locations. Its not hard at all to get a same day appointment as they block out half of the day for sick patients and the other half for check-ups
texagpilot
AG
Children's Memorial Hermann Pediatrics Katy
23960 Katy Freeway, Suite 250, Katy, TX 77494
281-644-8955

Dr. Batchelor has been our kids doc for 5 years, but with illness, we always get same day appt with her or other doc in her office. All of them are great.
MelvinUdall
I will add another recommendation for Sprout Pediatrics, we use Dr. White, but they are easy to get into and there is literally no wait.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
texagpilot said:

23960 Katy Freeway, Suite 250, Katy, TX 77494
281-644-8955

Dr. Batchelor has been our kids doc for 5 years, but with illness, we always get same day appt with her or other doc in her office. All of them are great.

I'll second this. We switched over after Cinco Ranch Pediatrics closed down suddenly. Dr. B is great and I like how she talks to our daughter and asks her questions and then takes our input as needed.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
maroon10
AG
This

We see Ecroyd but they're all awesome. Can get in any time.
12Power
Batchelor has been ok, but got into a stare down with her for pushing the covid vaccine after my child got covid in her office on a well visit. Too long a story how I know my child got covid there. They do not have a sick side and a separate well side waiting area. They are getting harder to get in to see as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.