Houston
Sponsored by

Tow Truck Experience

4,502 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ThunderCougarFalconBird
chico
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

chico said:

OK fate is out to get me. It happened again. The earlier episode was a fuel pump gave out; that car is fine now. Late last night I'm driving to Hobby to pick up my wife. I hit *something* on the Gulf Frwy just outbound of 610, north of Broadway. Blew out my left, front tire. Side airbag went off. Luckily I was in the right lane and managed to get to the shoulder. Called 911, nobody showed. Called again, still nobody showed. It took 25 minutes before they showed up. I was safe after safely exiting the car and scooching over the right guardrail next to the abyss. What the heck does it take to get HPD or a wrecker to show up in decent time?
Going on 40 years living in Houston (I'm an old) and never had a need for freeway help before the last 2 weeks!
You had a flat tire and called 911? Why not just change the tire?
airbag went off - engine stopped acceleration, potential rim damage to the left, front
Big Cat `93
AG
AAA is more than worth the cost of membership, IMO.
Sea Speed
AG
Do yalls insurance carriers not provide an included roadside assistance?! Why would you ever rely on the city to handle this for you when they can't even handle real issues like actual crime?
TexasMom
I use AAA. I do screen the tow truck drivers as a Middle Eastern dude sent from AAA tried to get me to let him look at my engine to diagnose and repair it, all the while bragging on how he ripped some other lady off by stealing her car. I have used AAA many times and that was the only almost bad experience.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
TexasMom said:

I use AAA. I do screen the tow truck drivers as a Middle Eastern dude sent from AAA tried to get me to let him look at my engine to diagnose and repair it, all the while bragging on how he ripped some other lady off by stealing her car. I have used AAA many times and that was the only almost bad experience.

What's your screening process?

Am I on the minority? I've needed a tow truck maybe twice (once?) in twenty years. Seems some of y'all have allott more experience.
TexasMom
I will not use a tow truck driver from the Middle East. If AAA sends one out I ask for another.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
What about Lybians or Moroccans? They ok?

Paki's?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Lol you misspelled "racially profile"
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
rilloaggie said:

https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2627821/replies/43089079

When I got in this wreck they had to hook the front of my truck(the blue one) to a tow truck to yank the two trucks apart. This wreck happened about 1000 feet from where I was living at the time. I could see my apartment while we were filling out paperwork and the cops were writing up their report (back in 2015 when cops did such things). My truck was still drivable, no broken lights or anything. The cop told me I could drive home, but the tow truck driver wanted to charge me $150 to drag it across the street to my apartment and said "if I hook up to a vehicle I legally have a right to charge to tow it!" That escalated into a shouting match which drew the attention of the cops. Luckily they told the dude to unhook my truck and let me go. Cool story bro indeed!

video of the incident described in this post:

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.