Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

179,486 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pena runs too funny to play the outfield
MAS444
AG
Correa "wanting to come back" and that making sense for Astros are 2 different things.
maroon barchetta
David_Puddy said:

htxag09 said:

David_Puddy said:

Correa should be getting the standing ovations over Springer. He wants to come back after this season and was one of the first to embrace all of the hate and defend his guys
Where are you seeing this?

Good friend knows someone pretty high up in the organization

One of your stalkers will eventually see this if they jump over from the news gals thread.

Be ready.
David_Puddy
AG
Yeah, if that happens just flag it please. No need to bring that riff raff and my stalkers into this thread
David_Puddy
AG
txags92 said:

Honestly, if we are talking about Correa level money, I would rather see them go out and get an elite center fielder. Correa felt he was the heart of the team and was indispensable so he expected the Astros to pay him more to keep him, but this year showed that wasn't the case. If he wants to come back, I would not be happy if they brought him back for top dollar and went with a makeshift outfield again. If he likes it so much and wants to be here so bad, the money he asks for needs to reflect the reality that he needs the Astros more than the Astros need him right now.

Yeah, certainly don't agree with it but merely passing along what I heard. I agree with going out and getting an elite outfielder after this season....that should be priority #1.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Uncle Mike and Gurriel come off the books this year, but JV is going to want to get paid and Tucker is coming up soon. Might have to trade off Urquidy or Garcia to get an outfielder worth it.
12th Man Ag
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Uncle Mike and Gurriel come off the books this year, but JV is going to want to get paid and Tucker is coming up soon. Might have to trade off Urquidy or Garcia to get an outfielder worth it.

If Brown continues to perform, losing either wouldn't be too damaging.

A starting rotation for 2023:

Verlander
Valdez
McCullers
Brown
Javier or (Urquidy/Garcia)

Get an elite CF and closer and away we go!
schmendeler
AG
So when will we get game times for the ALDS?
txags92
AG
schmendeler said:

Assume we will be on in the mid-afternoon when everybody is supposed to be working and you shouldn't be too far off.
schmendeler
AG
Yeah that's what I've been thinking as well.
Panama Red
AG
txags92 said:

schmendeler said:

Assume we will be on in the mid-afternoon when everybody is supposed to be working and you shouldn't be too far off.
"Mid" is being generous.

Game 1, on 10/11, is most assuredly going to be a a noon or 1 start time.
AgLA06
AG
Panama Red said:

txags92 said:

schmendeler said:

"Mid" is being generous.

Game 1, on 10/11, is most assuredly going to be a a noon or 1 start time.
"Googling worst tv time spots for mlb playoffs."
Panama Red
AG
I love that start time. If not there in person, day drinking on what looks to be a beautiful Tuesday watching baseball? Hard to beat.
The Wonderer
AG
Panama Red said:

I love that start time. If not there in person, day drinking on what looks to be a beautiful Tuesday watching baseball? Hard to beat.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
1. I know the person it's high up it's coming from, legit info

2. Anyone know what they're constructing in the northwest corner of the juice box grass by the center fiend entrance?
cajunaggie08
AG
txags92 said:

schmendeler said:

Seeing how the Yankees will be the 2 seed, there is a 100% chance their game will get the primetime slot for TBS
digging tunnels
AG
Unfortunately we'll never get the night slot for an ALDS game while the Yankees are in it
Chewy
AG
Jim Crane and I share a gardener and he told me it's going to be a new team store.

It's going to be built in the same footprint of the stadium but that facade has to be removed to do the build out. The facade will go back up when the team store is done.

He made it sound like there won't be anything new and that's just a pad for now.

He's always pulling my leg though. He likes to plant perennials when he knows I prefer annuals. Jim said he does the same thing to him and they just laugh about it.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
that makes sense. I knew Jim was building a Wrigleyville type bar area/Gallagher Way in Chicago, but had not seen anything about it. When I googled this one, I found this article from last year. Not sure how I missed it.

Quote:

Jim Crane says the Houston Astros are planning a Minute Maid Park entertainment district, with construction likely to begin sometime in 2022.

Entertainment districts are all the rage in Major League Baseball, as successes like The Battery in Atlanta, Ballpark Village in St. Louis and Wrigleyville in Chicago are inspiring owners across the majors to eye their own developments. (No, we're not going to weigh in on the fact that they also allow MLB owners to shield some baseball-generated revenues from playersanother enticement for owners.) The Astros, which have already renovated portions of Minute Maid Park, including the Ultra Club and Gallagher Club, are hopping on that train with a mixed-use development next to Union Station and a closed ballpark restaurant.

The development sounds to be a little more modest in scope, with 1.738 acres under team control planned for construction, as well as land to be made available when the Texas Department of Transportation reroutes U.S. 59 and Interstate 45 next to the ballpark.

"We think that will bring a lot of people downtown," Crane said in a post-World Series press conference. "The area continues to improve around us. When we came in there was an old boarded up building where those apartments are. So I think this is going to be the spot. If they get the freeway done and it goes underground that's going to be a park, so this area's going to be a primetime area down the road for everybody to come down and enjoy the ballpark. And I think a lot more people are moving downtown which also helps us. So everything looks good, on the bright side."

BQRyno
AG
Quote:

If they get the freeway done and it goes underground

Uh….what?
schmendeler
AG
59 is going underground where it's elevated along the GRB and minute maid now
BQRyno
AG
I'll have to look that up and not clog up the thread. On its face, that seems absurdly stupid.
AgLA06
AG
.....And extremely expensive.

Good thing we don't have flooding issues here.
maroon barchetta
AgLA06 said:

.....And extremely expensive.

Good thing we don't have flooding issues here.

Umm, hulllooo, I'm pretty sure Sly and Dora got federal Harvey dollars and fixed all the flooding problems.
Bondag
AG
Chewy
AG
Astros thread here. Let's not derail it with yet another local political spiral.
Chewy
AG
Dear Carlos,

Loved the time you spent here. Fond memories of some awesome playoff moments. You were clutch as hell in some big games. Especially against the Yankees in multiple ALCSs.

You and your little buddy Altuve were quite the pair up the middle and in the lineup.

Unfortunately though I have to present you this.

Good luck in your quest for your next big contract.

schmendeler
AG
I think one could argue both that Correa is probably over valued while peña is currently a screaming deal for the Astros.
Chewy
AG
There's zero doubt about that. Pena was perfectly positioned to assume Correra's departure as a rookie.

Tucker is out producing his contract I'd say.

We've also got a couple pitchers pitching way above their contract. Framber especially.

The secret to baseball success other than absolutely nailing the draft is timing rookie contracts with veteran contracts.

I don't think most people realize the Astros have done a pretty decent job of that over the last six years.

We've lost some studs like Springer, Correra, Cole, and even Morton but we've kept trucking along thanks to the young guys. Mainly the young pitchers.
Chewy
AG
Oh and Dusty's astute managing…

</ducking>
schmendeler
AG
It's been pretty amazing how they've managed to replace production with new guys when veterans have been ready to get their huge contracts
12th Man Ag
AG
Chewy said:

Oh and Dusty's astute managing…

</ducking>

LOL!
citizenkane06
AG
Locked up the 1 seed for the A.L. playoffs
jetch17
AG
98Ag99Grad
AG
Definitely wish they would have spent a little on Morton. Others you mentioned I don't mind them letting walk.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.