Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

179,483 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
schmendeler said:

I don't know if they still call it this, but the Caramelized Pan de Mie at Squable is like the ultimate slice of French toast.
schmendeler
AG
Hahaha you're right. But i stand by my recommendation.
maroon barchetta
schmendeler said:

I don't know if they still call it this, but the Caramelized Pan de Mie at Squable is like the ultimate slice of French toast.

Rule 1
schmendeler
AG
Here you go
jetch17
AG
maroon barchetta
Please send two of those to my office right now.
RK
AG
jetch17 said:

Definitely a "it was supposed to just be a fart" reaction.
AgLA06
AG
Or so you've been told.
schmendeler
AG
12th Man Ag
AG
Yankees lose. Magic number down to 2!
David_Puddy
AG
jetch17 said:

No more Springer on here. Guy wanted out of here well before his contract was up. He wanted to distance himself from the "cheating scandal" even though he was one of the biggest beneficiaries of it. F Springer....I hope we get to beat that jokers ass in the playoffs. All of the fans giving him so much love when he comes back bothers me.....he hated Houston
jetch17
AG
That gif was more for the tine dessert derailment - time to gear up for some October funtime
billyjack2009
I had no idea he hated it here.
David_Puddy
AG
billyjack2009 said:

Yeah.....straight from a team source. Couldn't wait to get out here fast enough
RK
AG
so, can we make fun of his speech impediment now?

David_Puddy
AG
RK said:

so, can we make fun of his speech impediment now?

Yep
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
David_Puddy said:

billyjack2009 said:

Yeah.....straight from a team source. Couldn't wait to get out here fast enough

In fairness to Springer, the club screwed him pretty bad. They held him down in the minors for way too long so they didn't start the clock on actually paying him. Dude lost more than a year of prime earning. It was the right move for the club, but screwed him out of a bunch of money.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Screwed him pretty bad seems a tad harsh.

Drafted in 2011
2012 - Split time between A & AA
2013 - Split time AA & AAA
2014 - Called up to the majors in April then got hurt in July

Dude still made close to $40M playing for the Astros.
sts7049
AG
don't care, springer was a badass who played hard. will always be a fan
David_Puddy
AG
Correa should be getting the standing ovations over Springer. He wants to come back after this season and was one of the first to embrace all of the hate and defend his guys
htxag09
AG
David_Puddy said:

Correa should be getting the standing ovations over Springer. He wants to come back after this season and was one of the first to embrace all of the hate and defend his guys
Where are you seeing this?
TP Ag '87
AG
That bums me.
Echoes97
AG
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
txags92
AG
jetch17
AG
Gummy town got me in the 8th last night

Bassmaster
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

Screwed him pretty bad seems a tad harsh.

Drafted in 2011
2012 - Split time between A & AA
2013 - Split time AA & AAA
2014 - Called up to the majors in April then got hurt in July

Dude still made close to $40M playing for the Astros.
In fairness, the Astros were terrible and a 100 loss team in those years. He was tearing it up in the minors at the same time. I can see his point of view.
David_Puddy
AG
htxag09 said:

David_Puddy said:

Where are you seeing this?

Good friend knows someone pretty high up in the organization
Panama Red
AG
Its not really a secret Correa wanted to stay in Houston. Not a surprise he would want to come back, but its not happening. The money isn't there. Would love to have him, but he's not worth what he wants given the payroll Crane wants to maintain.
txags92
AG
Panama Red said:

Its not really a secret Correa wanted to stay in Houston. Not a surprise he would want to come back, but its not happening. The money isn't there. Would love to have him, but he's not worth what he wants given the payroll Crane wants to maintain.
Going to be hard to rationalize paying Correa the money he wants with the year Pena had. We have other more glaring needs to spend that kind of money on right now.
David_Puddy
AG
Would definitely move Pena to another position if they can make the $ work with Correa. I think his demands from last season have come down quite a bit
htxag09
AG
So Correa is going to give up $35mm in Minnesota the next couple years or a potential long term contract in Minnesota, SF, Chicago, etc. to come to Houston for less?

And Houston, who has less unknowns with a strong rookie season out of Pena and a slight drop in Correa's performance this year vs. 2021, is going to come to the table even stronger for Correa? And where will Pena move to?

Sorry, this just seems out of the realm of realistic possibilities despite what someone on TexAgs who knows someone who knows someone w/ the Astros says.....
David_Puddy
AG
Sorry, I'll refrain from passing along what I'm told because you don't think it's realistic. Correa loves the majority of our players who will be here awhile, loves the front office, and most importantly loves Houston.
htxag09
AG
David_Puddy said:

Sorry, I'll refrain from passing along what I'm told because you don't think it's realistic. Correa loves the majority of our players who will be here awhile, loves the front office, and most importantly loves Houston.
I don't doubt any of that. Plus, I'd love for him to come back.

But what does that mean? It wasn't enough to keep him in Houston last year. And Astros have less unknowns this year so would probably be offering less.....
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Yordan to first base, JP to left field. Don't know if Yordan can play first, but he sure has the build for it.
txags92
AG
Honestly, if we are talking about Correa level money, I would rather see them go out and get an elite center fielder. Correa felt he was the heart of the team and was indispensable so he expected the Astros to pay him more to keep him, but this year showed that wasn't the case. If he wants to come back, I would not be happy if they brought him back for top dollar and went with a makeshift outfield again. If he likes it so much and wants to be here so bad, the money he asks for needs to reflect the reality that he needs the Astros more than the Astros need him right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.