Houston
Sponsored by

SBISD School Board Election May 2022

15,170 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggieMom24
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sazerac said:

Why are we allowing mail in ballots?

Nearly a thousand already in Vs less than a hundred all of last year. The steal is officially on.

https://www.savesbisd.org/post/mail-in-ballots-dominate-early-voting-as-soros-linked-pac-continues-sbisd-operations?utm_campaign=4ea19f7a-8871-474a-9488-a46f7c29a444&utm_source=so&utm_medium=mail&cid=edc82707-6b81-403e-b651-3a288334c569

By my count, ~33% of the 2022 vote total thru April 26 have been via mail in.

~.5% of the vote total in 2021 was via mail in.

AggieMom24
Apparently, if you requested a mail-in ballot for the primary, you will now receive a mail-in ballot for every election in that year. Kinda surprising. Go vote, take your friends and family with you, and spread the word. Every vote will count this election.

Courtesy Flush
AG
My wife is not a US citizen. She had a green card and can prove she lives in SBISD. Can she vote in this SBISD election?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Courtesy Flush said:

My wife is not a US citizen. She had a green card and can prove she lives in SBISD. Can she vote in this SBISD election?

Who is she voting for?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Courtesy Flush said:

I know there are some places (like Commiefornia) where local elections do not have the same requirements for voter eligibility as federal elections. However, I believe there is only one standard here. And it would be too late to register for this election anyway; must be registered 30 days before the election.
https://harrisvotes.org/VoterRegistration/Registration
YellAg2004
AG
Bump - Today and tomorrow are the last days to early vote
Courtesy Flush
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Courtesy Flush said:

Who is she voting for?
She wasn't eligible since she's not a US citizen but I intend to fix that soon.

I cast my vote today. APB for me.
CowtownAg06
AG
330 yesterday was in and out at 955 Campbell. Go today if you can.
BSD
AG
Took just a few minutes at the Holy Cross church off Wirt/Westview today. I think they are open til 7pm tonight.

APB as well.
Mr. Mayor
Please take 5 minutes to go vote for:

Lisa Alpe (Position 5)
John Perez (Position 6)
Caroline Bennett (Position 7)

Voting locations are:

Wayne F. Shaper Leadership Center
955 Campbell Road
Houston, TX 77024

Don Coleman Community Coliseum
1050 Dairy Ashford
Houston. TX 77079

Holy Cross Lutheran Church
7901 Westview - Youth Room
Houston, TX 77055

City of Piney Point Village
7676 Woodway Suite #300
Houston. TX 77063

John Knox Presbyterian Church
2525 N. Gessner Rd.
Houston, TX 77080

I am the mayor of an enclave municipality in a highly populated county in Texas. I post on TexAgs somewhat regularly under another username.

I have created this profile for use during the COVID-19 situation to provide one persons local government perspective.
jcperez630@sbcglobal.net
AG
Last Day to early vote is today until 7pm.
PLEASE Get Out the Vote today so you can enjoy the mint julip on Saturday.

Vote Perez, Bennett, Alpe.

Let me know if you need voting locations. Gig'em!!
TriAg2010
AG
Bump for Election Day.
dallasag00
AG
Results?
YellAg2004
AG
https://elections.springbranchisd.com/

Alpe, Perez, and Bennett winning going away.

Both bonds are going to pass easily as well.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
YellAg2004 said:

https://elections.springbranchisd.com/

Alpe, Perez, and Bennett winning going away.

Both bonds are going to pass easily as well.
Maybe racial politics and woke education goals aren't winning issues.
Mr. Lahey
AG
Boo to bonds passing.

fairviewcrew
Massive turnout (4x normal), and all land slides for the conservative candidates
TriAg2010
AG
Interesting precinct level reports. Roughly 80% of turnout was from the precincts south of I-10. Spring Woods was the only precinct that did not have its preference reflected in any of the trustee winners. Spring Oaks was close behind, with its preference reflected in one out of three winners. These two precincts went for Slattery or Kaczenski by more than 50%. Northbrook also had its preference reflected in only one winner, but the outcomes for the other two races were much closer.
SockDePot
Mr. Lahey said:

Boo to bonds passing.

The townhouse developments on bingle and longpoint have really messed up the per capita and overcrowded the sh*t of VOE. Expansion is needed.

Also, they're going to build trade school options at Guthrie for kids that aren't going to a 4 yr university. Can't see how giving kids that probably can't/won't go to college is anything but an overwhelming positive.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Glad to have started this thread. I truly knew nothing about the candidiases when I originally posted. But I'm glad to see the outcome last night.
TriAg2010
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Glad to have started this thread. I truly knew nothing about the candidiases when I originally posted. But I'm glad to see the outcome last night.

I read this as "candy asses" about eight times before I realized what you actually wrote.
SnowboardAg
AG
Why?
Keegan99
AG
TriAg2010 said:

Interesting precinct level reports. Roughly 80% of turnout was from the precincts south of I-10.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Family in Bunker Hill Village and the organization and texting was legit. Folks were checking public records of who had and hadn't voted, and the housewives were harassing one another to drag their husbands to go vote yesterday. The parents were pissed.

Glad to see it work out.
AggieMom24
It's that time of year again!

Let me know if you need a yard sign for Courtney Anderson or Shannon Mahan!

Two more GREAT SBISD Candidates for School Board.
1Aggie99
AG
Aggie Mom

1Aggie99
AG
Dammit…. Fat fingers!!

Aggie Mom

What do you know about Mahan? I know Anderson well enough but nothing on Mahan.
AggieMom24
Apologies for the late reply. Shannon Mahan is our second candidate. She is a former SBISD Speech Language Pathologist. I believe her husband is an SBISD grad. Great person with great values! She and Courtney have teamed up and are running as a slate. Both endorsed by PIPEline. Also, both Shannon and Courtney's opponents are pretty radical, much more radical than last year's! It's an easy vote.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.