Houston
Sponsored by

If You Live In Katy....

12,729 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
eeaggie11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Telling people to just "don't vote Eliz" is how she wins. I am not sure who I am going to vote for yet but I wish there was one candidate everyone was getting behind. I am really worried the "anyone but Eliz" votes get spread between two or three other candidates and she wins.
RebelE91
AG
BaileyAg said:

Did she run before?
I know i've voted against her before
Lost twice for state legislature
Marvin_Zindler
AG
eeaggie11 said:

Telling people to just "don't vote Eliz" is how she wins. I am not sure who I am going to vote for yet but I wish there was one candidate everyone was getting behind. I am really worried the "anyone but Eliz" votes get spread between two or three other candidates and she wins.
Then be a peach and report back to us once you've figured it out. I started this thread in mid-February when the fat-lib-gremlin decided she needed to waste more money on elected office.
one MEEN Ag
AG
She's running against the incumbent, Duke Keller, in a district that overall did a great job the last two years. Can anyone make the case why we shouldn't be voting for the incumbent?

I wish Victor Perez was running for the other seat. Just going off of what they claim to be associated with, I think former Energy CFO, KISD parent, and a long list of leadership positions in community orgs is an easy vote.

I think of KISD as a billion dollar annual revenue company. Its easy to channel the needs of students and parents once you're a parent of a student, its a lot harder to be able to look at a budget and balance it appropriately. And a lot of retired CFOs would rather spend their time at a vacation home than dealing with the problems of a generation past their kids going through the system, so that says something to me.

Just my take.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
eeaggie11 said:

The incumbents are expected to win biggly.
aggietony2010
AG
Perez upsets the incumbent Keller pretty handily with 51% of the vote. Keller with 24% and Eliz "stole my signs from Beto" Markowitz with 18%.

And Redmon narrowly defeats Bonnie Anderson 41-38. Anderson only managed 20% when she ran in 2021, so it's another data point at how well the "parental rights" (for lack of a better term) message is playing right now.
Beerosch
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Perez upsets the incumbent Keller pretty handily with 51% of the vote. Keller with 24% and Eliz "stole my signs from Beto" Markowitz with 18%.

And Redmon narrowly defeats Bonnie Anderson 41-38. Anderson only managed 20% when she ran in 2021, so it's another data point at how well the "parental rights" (for lack of a better term) message is playing right now.

If Anderson would've put minimal effort into her campaign she would've won. I didn't even see any of her signs where I voted.
BCSGrubber
AG
Perez campaigned hard and Anderson tried to pair up with him even though that wasn't his intent. She had an effect text message campaign claiming she was the only option against Betos minion.
cajunaggie08
AG
While many of the voters may agree with Anderson's talking points, she is all piss and vinegar 24/7 so she does rub a lot of people the wrong way even if they agree with her on the talking points.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Good work, Katy ISD. Y'all clearly dodged a bullet on this one.

Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Proof that a Doctorate does not equal intelligence.
94chem
Marvin_Zindler said:

Good work, Katy ISD. Y'all clearly dodged a bullet on this one.

She posts the most logical, eloquent, reasonable thing she can find, and actually believes in her heart that it is a tirade of bigotry and oppression.

As long as we're printing money, we might as well sponsor a trip for our top 500 or so liberals to tour North Korea. I would pay $20 to read their joint report, for the ones who make it back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.