Houston
Sponsored by

Global Entry Interview question

2,015 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by htxag09
lb sand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know that the tine board has a bunch of baller international travellers so Im posting the question here.

My wife and I both have global entry and have got our 16 year applied and he just has to do the interview part. There are zero interview appointments at any of the TSA places in the state of Texas on a weekend. I really don't want to take the kid out of school on a weekday for a 10hr road trip to Eagle Pass to get this done.

We are traveling over Christmas. Does anyone know if we can take our kid thru the global entry line with us on our return to IAH and he can do the in person interview at IAH when we return? Will he be sent back on a walk of shame to the regular customs line with those that don't have global entry?
CDUB98
AG
Gov't operates on a 1 or 0 basis.

You take him into the Global Entry line without the credential and he will do the walk of shame.
ChemAg15
AG
You could always go through normal customs with your kid instead of using global entry... I would think that would be preferred over a 10 hr road trip.

Keep checking the appt schedule. Sometimes people cancel..
It took me about a year to get an apt when I was applying.
Diggity
AG
Texicurean said:

I know that the tine board has a bunch of baller international travellers so Im posting the question here.

My wife and I both have global entry and have got our 16 year applied and he just has to do the interview part. There are zero interview appointments at any of the TSA places in the state of Texas on a weekend. I really don't want to take the kid out of school on a weekday for a 10hr road trip to Eagle Pass to get this done.

We are traveling over Christmas. Does anyone know if we can take our kid thru the global entry line with us on our return to IAH and he can do the in person interview at IAH when we return? Will he be sent back on a walk of shame to the regular customs line with those that don't have global entry?
I "think" you would all have to go through the normal customs line and do his interview when you get back in the country, but you would want to ask one of those super friendly customs agents as you enter and I'm sure they'll help you (or detain you...depending on mood).
MemorialTXAg
Mobile passport app is the way to go in such case. Not sure where you are flying to but 20 airports now have the fast track lane. It's as good as global entry.

Also, Christmas may be busy, but during covid I flew international about 6 times and zero lines anywhere at IAH. Max 5-10 mins. This included this summer return form Europe when all the standard flights were fully in operation and were pretty much completely full.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Diggity said:

Texicurean said:

I "think" you would all have to go through the normal customs line and do his interview when you get back in the country, but you would want to ask one of those super friendly customs agents as you enter and I'm sure they'll help you (or detain you...depending on mood).
Yes, this is the case. If you're doing GE, you're traveling enough where you'll just need to bite the bullet and do the interview upon your next international arrival.

I arrived internationally on Sunday and you would not have been able to get your kid thru and to the interview with you doing GE.
Noble07
AG
I signed up for Global Entry and then my interview was cancelled during Covid. It was nearly impossible to find an open slot once they started doing them again. My one year window to get that done was approaching so I just emailed and asked if they could help me out. The Houston supervisor just told me to come down to the airport one day and they would fit me in.

I went down there on a random day and was able to get it knocked off quickly without an appointment. I would definitely get permission before you try that.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Noble07 said:

I signed up for Global Entry and then my interview was cancelled during Covid. It was nearly impossible to find an open slot once they started doing them again. My one year window to get that done was approaching so I just emailed and asked if they could help me out. The Houston supervisor just told me to come down to the airport one day and they would fit me in.

I went down there on a random day and was able to get it knocked off quickly without an appointment. I would definitely get permission before you try that.
I just cannot grasp why they won't schedule appointments every day in Houston. Why is it okay if they have, say, 20 walk-ups arriving from international trips get interviewed but they won't schedule any. Makes no sense.
JimmyHouston
AG
Can you tell where you went? The normal office in E terminal (I think) was closed last time we went through there. My wife is trying to renew and we will be back in the airport in 2 weeks time
Noble07
AG
It was their office near baggage claim at IAH (can't remember which terminal). I did the interview in December of last year.
JimmyHouston
AG
Thanks - will look for them
lb sand
AG
Jimmy, you might want to look back on the TSA website. I saw they started a pilot program to do zoom interviews for renewals. That could be a good option for your wife.
drwong
AG
JimmyHouston said:

Thanks - will look for them
It's right outside the exit of the international terminal after you leave customs. There's a starbucks next to it.
htxag09
AG
Texicurean said:

Jimmy, you might want to look back on the TSA website. I saw they started a pilot program to do zoom interviews for renewals. That could be a good option for your wife.

I've been periodically checking to do my renewal through zoom and they don't have any appointments available
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.