Houston
Sponsored by

Latest on Bush Airport

2,916 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Furlock Bones
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I are flying out of Bush early, early Monday morning. Terminal D. I remember reading there is a bunch of construction, and someone even mentioned going in a different terminal to check in then crossing over.

How's terminal D?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Deez Nutz!!!
BohunkAg
AG
Latest on your wife's bush?
AlaskanAg08
AG
Its a cluster right now. If you are on one of the intl airlines out of D, I would highly recommend getting someone to drop you off curbside. That is the easiest way right now to actually get into the terminal.

What your friend mentioned is regarding United flights. For United E departures, you have to go to C for check in/security etc... For E arrivals, pickup is still at E.

Furlock Bones
AG
AlaskanAg08 said:

Its a cluster right now. If you are on one of the intl airlines out of D, I would highly recommend getting someone to drop you off curbside. That is the easiest way right now to actually get into the terminal.

What your friend mentioned is regarding United flights. For United E departures, you have to go to C for check in/security etc... For E arrivals, pickup is still at E.

domestic flight to DC then we change planes for our flight to Punta Cana.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Wife and I are flying out of Bush early, early Monday morning. Terminal D. I remember reading there is a bunch of construction, and someone even mentioned going in a different terminal to check in then crossing over.

How's terminal D?
I checked in at B and took the sky rail in August. 10/10 would do again.
BohunkAg
AG
Dill-Ag13 said:

Furlock Bones said:

How's terminal D?
I checked in at B and took the sky rail in August. 10/10 would do again.
They still have that old underground train from the 70s that almost no one uses? That used to be a secret hack to get back and forth between the terminals.
AlaskanAg08
AG
yes- except everyone knows about them now due to the updated signage. There were 50 people downstairs last week waiting for the next train.
BohunkAg
AG
AlaskanAg08 said:

yes- except everyone knows about them now due to the updated signage. There were 50 people downstairs last week waiting for the next train.
Damn...I just thought about this too....aren't those trains outside security?
DustysLineup
AG
Dropped someone off at C this morning and it was crowded for sure. Didn't take too long to pull over and hop out, but seemed like a lot of traffic was rerouted thru there or lost.
AgCPA95
AG
BohunkAg said:

AlaskanAg08 said:

Yes, that is the char of it. They were state of the art when I was 8 years old!

If you have TSA-Pre, that line is almost always empty at B and you can then shoot down using Skyway inside security quickly to C, D or E.
BohunkAg
AG
AgCPA95 said:

BohunkAg said:

AlaskanAg08 said:

If you have TSA-Pre, that line is almost always empty at B and you can then shoot down using Skyway inside security quickly to C, D or E.
Yes, they were state of the art in 1962.
cajunaggie08
AG
Furlock Bones said:

AlaskanAg08 said:

I didnt realize Bush/United has some domestic flights out of D now. That has to be pain to be in the one terminal with zero United Clubs if you're a frequent flier.
Ciboag96
Its strategic. You can still park on property but you have to havethe follwing:

1. A modicum of brain activity to navigate the brilliant sign/cone maze dodging an army of motorized morons to find a spot
2. No comorbities as you will be mask-walking the equivalent of 2 states worth of Appalachian Trail to get to D.
3. A month's wages in pay and patience of Job for the credit card strip destroyer at checkout

So, poor dumb fat people better ride the yellow-spotted short bus off property.
AgCPA95
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Furlock Bones said:

AlaskanAg08 said:

I didnt realize Bush/United has some domestic flights out of D now. That has to be pain to be in the one terminal with zero United Clubs if you're a frequent flier.
D is a pretty short, direct walk from the north concourse United Club. I would be wiling to bet the D gates are probably no further than the furthest C gates in the north concourse.
Furlock Bones
AG
United operated by Mesa.
aTm2004
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Deez Nutz!!!

T Durden
AG
I wouldn't call them a secret hack. Plenty know about them but you can walk faster then the tram!
TX_AG_10
AG
I would assume it's gate D1, D2, or D3. It's easier to get to those gates via Terminal C.
ptothemo
AG
I enjoy riding the "subway" to have the chance to watch people who haven't been on it before and/or aren't paying attention get thrown around by the jaunts right before the stops. It's like they set it up to straight for a while so that everyone would let their guard down and then - boom - a hard left and a hard right. Damn engineers, I tell ya.

FWIW, I've flown out two Fridays and one Monday in the past month. Each time, I parked at B, subwayed to C, and then pre-checked through with no issues at all. I checked a bag two of those times, also.
Bondag
AG
Park in C and check-in at C if you are flying United. Will be closer than checking in at D then walking back to where United flies out of D.
Bondag
AG
BohunkAg said:

AgCPA95 said:

BohunkAg said:

AlaskanAg08 said:

Yes, they were state of the art in 1962.
In 1969 and updated in 1981.
Ragoo
AG
Furlock Bones said:

How's terminal D?
c,D,E all feed from the same road and it sucks. Park in B and tram it.
Furlock Bones
AG
Ragoo said:

Furlock Bones said:

How's terminal D?
thanks.
Ragoo
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Ragoo said:

Furlock Bones said:

How's terminal D?
thanks.
reserve the parking online and get a discount and QR code to scan in. Easy.

https://iah.booking.fly2houston.com/
Furlock Bones
AG
in-laws are dropping us off. so, takes parking out of the equation.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.