Houston
Sponsored by

Top Chef coming to the Tine

3,876 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HtownAg92
cajunaggie08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TarponChaser said:

cajunaggie08 said:

TarponChaser said:

Panama Red said:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/top-chef-host-padma-lakshmi-004956372.html

Padma donating money for abortion in Texas. So she's a bit like Cosby "she kills babies, but she saves"

I don't know when it began but social media has really caused exponential growth in celebrities who don't know how to stay in their lane and instead feel the need to opine on things they know zero about other than what they've been told to think.

What would be the applicable alteration to make "shut up & dribble" work here? "Shut up & cook" maybe??
Are famous people not allowed to have opinions? You clearly have enough of them to go around
I'm a lot smarter and more informed than most celebrities.
There are plenty of examples of celebrities and regular people giving their opinion on "political" items that they are obviously no expert on. In this specific instance I'd say a woman is allowed to use her platform to shine light onto a cause she feels is worthy as I would think a woman is more informed than you on a law that impacts her health. So by implying she should shut up and cook, you really are saying you just don't like her stance and dont want to hear it.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

you just don't like her stance and dont want to hear it.

I can live with that.

Shut up & cook.
Panama Red
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

you just don't like her stance and dont want to hear it.

I can live with that.

Shut up & cook. with an occasional Salman Rushdie exile sex story mixed in from time to time

FIFY.
TarponChaser
cajunaggie08 said:

TarponChaser said:

cajunaggie08 said:

TarponChaser said:

Panama Red said:

Padma donating money for abortion in Texas. So she's a bit like Cosby "she kills babies, but she saves"

I don't know when it began but social media has really caused exponential growth in celebrities who don't know how to stay in their lane and instead feel the need to opine on things they know zero about other than what they've been told to think.

What would be the applicable alteration to make "shut up & dribble" work here? "Shut up & cook" maybe??
Are famous people not allowed to have opinions? You clearly have enough of them to go around
There are plenty of examples of celebrities and regular people giving their opinion on "political" items that they are obviously no expert on. In this specific instance I'd say a woman is allowed to use her platform to shine light onto a cause she feels is worthy as I would think a woman is more informed than you on a law that impacts her health. So by implying she should shut up and cook, you really are saying you just don't like her stance and dont want to hear it.

I'm pretty indifferent to her stance but you are correct that I don't want to hear it. That doesn't mean she's not incredibly ill informed about a number of things she's pontificating about all over Twitter. And it's precisely because she's ill informed that I don't want to hear about it. You're just getting in some ridiculous male feminist, SJW twist because you agree with her and think I'm "mansplaining" or some other stupid, made-up thing. I'd make the same statements if Tom Colicchio were tweeting out dumbass things.

If she were out spouting "Flat Earth Society" nonsense I'd take the same position.
HtownAg92
AG
TarponChaser said:

cajunaggie08 said:

TarponChaser said:

cajunaggie08 said:

TarponChaser said:

Panama Red said:

I'm pretty indifferent to her stance but you are correct that I don't want to hear it. That doesn't mean she's not incredibly ill informed about a number of things she's pontificating about all over Twitter. And it's precisely because she's ill informed that I don't want to hear about it. You're just getting in some ridiculous male feminist, SJW twist because you agree with her and think I'm "mansplaining" or some other stupid, made-up thing. I'd make the same statements if Tom Colicchio were tweeting out dumbass things.

If she were out spouting "Flat Earth Society" nonsense I'd take the same position.
She can advocate for women's rights, fine. It was the total intellectual dishonesty she displayed toward everything Trump, gobbled up from the worst MSNBC pundits, that pushed me over the top.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.