Houston
Sponsored by

New taxes on refining and chemicals.

1,399 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ciboag96
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Legislation is being proposed/debated that includes, among other things, a 20 cents per lb tax on American made plastics.

Link below takes you to the AFPM website so you can submit a message to your representatives. I also copied the text and pasted it in notes I sent via both Cruz's and Brady's websites.

https://empower.afpm.org/dont-raise-gas-prices-say-no-new-taxes-american-refined-energy?utm_campaign
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I hate this administration so much. Thank you for posting this.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Liberals. Aside from homo-erotic art and some music, they ruin everything they touch.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

a 20 cents per lb tax on American made plastics.

Ciboag96
Gotta get that plastic made in countries without environmental regulations or child labor laws...
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Gotta get that plastic made in countries without environmental regulations or child labor laws...
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
My former student body prez would like a word with you:

TheWoodsAg
AG
Sure, let's go back to cutting down trees and putting everything in paper, or using more energy/pollution to put everything in glass/aluminum.....

THESE PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS
JJxvi
AG
I'm no expert, but it seems like plastic production is one of the only parts of the whole petrochemical process that's actually permanently locking the carbon up from ever being released into the atmosphere...
TXTransplant
JJxvi said:

I'm no expert, but it seems like plastic production is one of the only parts of the whole petrochemical process that's actually permanently locking the carbon up from ever being released into the atmosphere...

You are actually correct. But, most plastics are made from fossil fuels, so it's still a net gain of carbon in the biosphere.

But, every person who thinks we need to ban plastic should also have to list all of the things they would have to give up to make that happen.

Hint: it's not just plastic straws, grocery bags, and water bottles.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

But, every person who thinks we need to ban plastic should also have to list all of the things they would have to give up to make that happen.

QED
Ciboag96
Quote:

Pshhh, like logic has ever played a part in any of this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.