Houston
Sponsored by

Best Place to Buy Jewelry

1,890 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by The Milkman
MacDaddy Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to buy diamond earrings for wife for her b-day... any suggestions on best place to buy? I'm located in the Heights and work in the Galleria area, so essentially anywhere in or around Houston would work.
TXTransplant
I've purchased my last few pieces on consignment through a resale website called The Real Real. If she wants something very specific, they may or may not have it. But you can always look, or maybe they have something similar, if she's flexible. You can also find vintage pieces there that are no longer produced.

I have not purchased any diamonds from them, but I have gotten a couple of Tiffany pieces and have been very happy.

I'm usually not a "buy used" kind of girl, but this is jewelry not clothes or shoes. The resale pieces often look brand new. It's hard for me to justify spending full retail on jewelry.

Lindsey Leigh Jewelry is a local designer. She makes some unique stuff and does custom.

lindseyleighjewelry.com
Panama Red
AG
Jared.

All of her friends will want to hump you if you shop there based on the commercials.
Irish 2.0
Chuck at Fifth C in BCS. He is a sponsor here. Worth the trip to BCS to see him.
BSD
AG
I also used Chuck for a big diamond purchase. It's not too far away and you can hang out in BCS for a while.
Hwy30East
Hoffman Diamond Co.

24 Greenway Plaza #1513
(713) 626-7161

Mas89
AG
Jonathan's on Richmond. Talk to Jay Friedman. Has been there in the same place for a long time. And in case your wife loses one of the earrings ten years from now, he will take the remaining one in trade for an upgrade pair.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Mas89 said:

Jonathan's on Richmond. Talk to Jay Friedman. Has been there in the same place for a long time. And in case your wife loses one of the earrings ten years from now, he will take the remaining one in trade for an upgrade pair.

Jay
Sea Speed
AG
the best diamonds in houston are in my backyard.
H-Town Ag 00
AG
+1 for Jonathan's. I've gotten engagement ring, wedding band, birthstone ring, diamond studs, earring jackets, necklace, and a diamond bracelet from Jonathan himself over the years. Every piece has been custom and absolutely top notch.
wessimo
AG
www.diamondssuck.com
HDeathstar
Agree with this, used him twice for big pieces: Chuck at Fifth C in BCS. He is a sponsor here. Worth the trip to BCS to see him.

Also have used Diamond Cutters and Costco for diamonds. Sometimes diamonds are just a rock.
CincyAg
AG
If anyone is familiar with Uptown Diamond, owner Rick Antona passed away due to Covid. Only met him a few times while designing my wife's engagement ring, but he was a pleasure to be around.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Mas89 said:

Jay
Damn, a lot of us have given him our business.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Dr. Nefario
I miss the good old days when a thread like this was a bat signal for those nnichols weirdos.
Sea Speed
AG
Dr. Nefario said:

I miss the good old days when a thread like this was a bat signal for those nnichols weirdos.

"My guy will buy it back years later with interest if you don't want it" or some such nonsense. Where did they go?
The Milkman
AG
Chuck at Fifth C did my wife's custom designed engagement ring and was fantastic to work with. Felt like the price was great as well the quality.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.