Houston
Sponsored by

Another Great Houstonian Gets Honored with A Field Name

2,649 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ciboag96
HtownAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like Butler, Delmar, Barnett and other great alumni and citizens who had sports facilities named for them, another great Houstonian was voted to be honored yesterday:

Well Deserved
wessimo
AG
Not Zindler?
TarponChaser
Jesus tap-dancin' Christ!

The guy didn't deserve to die that way but him being a violent felon, drug-addled crap-bag has been completely shoved down the memory hole. Being unjustly killed doesn't merit the adulation and doesn't wash away a lifetime of being a POS human.
Al Bula
AG
This thread is not worth getting a ban over

Ok, nothing good to say so I'll just leave it at that.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
wessimo said:

Not Zindler?
Unfortunately not.
Buying_time
AG
Fentanyl Field.

Wonder if the fentanyl seized earlier this week that was headed to Houston was to help kickoff the naming ceremony?
MAROON
AG
This comment in the linked article is amazing:

"It is also the will of the community to name it after our alumni George Perry Floyd, and what he stood for," one woman said. "A shining example of what can happen when you're from the 'Tre.'"

Thought I had clicked on a Babylon Bee article
Agz_2003
AG
"Floyd Fentanyl Field" has a nice ring to it
Cromagnum
AG
troy_y said:

Fentanyl Field.

Wonder if the fentanyl seized earlier this week that was headed to Houston was to help kickoff the naming ceremony?

Marvin_Zindler
AG
George Floyd is a POS criminal that we burned down cities for. He deserves no honor.
bularry
Marvin_Zindler said:

George Floyd is a POS criminal that we burned down cities for. He deserves no honor.
Marvin has spoken!

lb sand
AG
Thank you Marvin.
DustysLineup
AG
How sad is it that I knew what it was going to be before I clicked the link?

Quote:

George Floyd's brother said he's not surprised the proposition was controversial.

"I'm not surprised because a lot of people wanted the stadium to be named after them," Felonus Floyd said. "There were a lot of great leaders that came out of Yates. For them to choose my brother, I feel good about it."
Urban society is devolving.

The school has actually produced college and NFL players. This is a list of notable alumni they could have chosen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yates_High_School#Notable_alumni

But we get this thanks to the Harris County Democrats using the school board as a place to shelve their most degenerate and illiterate political back-benchers who couldn't win or hold onto higher office.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
NM
File5
AG
Harry Lime said:

How sad is it that I knew what it was going to be before I clicked the link?

Quote:

George Floyd's brother said he's not surprised the proposition was controversial.

"I'm not surprised because a lot of people wanted the stadium to be named after them," Felonus Floyd said. "There were a lot of great leaders that came out of Yates. For them to choose my brother, I feel good about it."
Urban society is devolving.

The school has actually produced college and NFL players. This is a list of notable alumni they could have chosen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yates_High_School#Notable_alumni

But we get this thanks to the Harris County Democrats using the school board as a place to shelve their most degenerate and illiterate political back-benchers who couldn't win or hold onto higher office.

Lol Booker T went there! Didn't even know he was from Houston. Nice
htxag09
AG
Didn't the family make like $30MM in this ordeal? Wonder why the article didn't mention how much they donated….
JFrench
AG
Does the stadium require legal tender for tickets and concessions?
Sea Speed
AG
You and me both. There was zero doubt what it was going to be. I nner city culture is in shambles with this same kind of garbage happening nationally. It is truly disgusting. There is so much I want to say that is probably better left unsaid.

I did learn that Big Moe went there though, so they obviously missed a major opportunity to truly honor the Tine with the naming.
Sea Speed
AG
htxag09 said:

Didn't the family make like $30MM in this ordeal? Wonder why the article didn't mention how much they donated….

You think they donated any of that?
Bondag
AG
TarponChaser said:

Jesus tap-dancin' Christ!

The guy didn't deserve to die that way but him being a violent felon, drug-addled crap-bag has been completely shoved down the memory hole. Being unjustly killed doesn't merit the adulation and doesn't wash away a lifetime of being a POS human.
I agree. No one should die of a drug overdose.
The D
AG
"It is also the will of the community to name it after our alumni George Perry Floyd, and what he stood for,"

Beating pregnant women ?
DustysLineup
AG
Sea Speed said:

You and me both. There was zero doubt what it was going to be. I nner city culture is in shambles with this same kind of garbage happening nationally. It is truly disgusting. There is so much I want to say that is probably better left unsaid.

I did learn that Big Moe went there though, so they obviously missed a major opportunity to truly honor the Tine with the naming.
It's so weird because I grew up around people who worked to get out of "the tre." Scanning down that list of notable Jack Yates alumni, there are people that I knew or knew of. I think every cis-gendered male in Houston wanted to be Dexter Manley at one time. There are people on that list that I knew in real life and thought of as regular people even if we weren't close friends. And the HISD school board picks a violent felon/drug addict to name the field after in a unanimous vote. It's crazy. It's a slap in the face to everyone who tried to do better.
Sea Speed
AG
Like what is George Floyd supposed to give kids to look up to? Be a junky criminal your whole life and maybe your family will get rich off the taxpayers when that life finally comes to a head? There is ZERO to aspire to and in qn area that probably needs some real positive role models, the adults who are in charge continue to deify a scumbag.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Didn't go to Yates but they would've been far better served naming the field after this guy
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
That's the point. Get the dependent classes to look up to the worst of the lot and then behave the same way.
DustysLineup
AG
It's almost as if liberal Democrats (communists) want to see the worst people on Earth held up as examples of the underclass. Meanwhile, they loot the public treasury to hand out contracts to their political cronies.
RAB91
The grounds crew will be painting this image in the end zones.

Al Bula
AG
Sea Speed said:

Be a junky criminal your whole life and maybe your family will get rich off the taxpayers
yep, there is a new achievement a certain demographic is going after, and it sure ain't becoming a famous rapper or athlete.

It is sickening that this "community" allows their youth to behave like disgusting idiots in hopes of getting a payday when/if they get dropped.

For example, Auntie and Unc know Lil Tyrone is a knucklehead that's always causing problems, but if they police shoot him, they can claim Das Raciss, get paid and that troublesome youth (absolutely NO ONE bothered parenting) will no longer be a worry to them.

It is even more sickening the dims are encouraging this model of social behavior.
Ciboag96
Surely the modest and ever humble SheJack overcame her camera shyness to represent her constichurancy at this solemn ceremony
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.