Houston
Sponsored by

Boot store / makers

1,507 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jrrhouston98
OE_Ag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Looking to get some boots, but have funny shaped feet. Normally buy 15-wides to get something that fits ok.

Are there any shops around Houston to get custom, or semi-custom boots done in ~4months or so.

I had seen the link from a while back for the place off of 59, but didnt know if the contact from way long ago was still valid or not.
Ag_07
AG
Maida's Boots on Westheimer just east of Weslayan

They're not cheap but they do really nice work.
OE_Ag11
AG
Havent ever really looked at what custom boots cost, not really looking at any of the real exotic leathers, but under 1000, type expensive or more than that? Really no idea on what sort of costs I'm looking at here.

Really never been one to spend much on clothes and such, but getting married so using it as a excuse to get something that fits that I can wear to the office and such.
DustysLineup
AG
Also have wide, weird feet. Couple years ago I finally swallowed and bought a pair of square toed. That's probably all I'll get in the future.

Some poster here had an uncle at a custom boot shop. Can probably search and pull up the thread with tons of replies and reviews.
OE_Ag11
AG
Is that the houston safari exotics one where it was appointment only since they didnt really sell to the public at the time?
barnacle bob
AG
15 narrow here, I share your pain.
I have heard good things about Parker's, but have never worked with them.

I went custom route a few years back and have never looked back. Jumping off for calf is around 900.00 for most custom shops.

For hard to fit it's totally worth it, and comfort and quality will be superior to anything you get off the shelf.

I did a lot of research and found a couple places I like and have stuck with them. Not local so not really much help there.

But I will say if you go custom, do your research and go in knowing close to what you want. For me toe shape was important and each maker has slightly different style, because that piece is hand carved.

Good luck!
DustysLineup
AG
Yeah, had to do a quick search. Some guy's "uncle Matt."

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2048083/1

Google says they're temporarily closed.

I know several posters went there and posted reviews.
BBRex
AG
Al's Custom Boots on Fannin. I haven't had boots made by him, but he's repaired a pair of shoes and a pair of boots, and he did great work.

https://www.alshandmadeboots.com/contact.html
Cromagnum
AG
Harry Lime said:

Also have wide, weird feet. Couple years ago I finally swallowed and bought a pair of square toed. That's probably all I'll get in the future.

Some poster here had an uncle at a custom boot shop. Can probably search and pull up the thread with tons of replies and reviews.

Safari Exotic Leathers. I don't think they don't do custom work though (could be wrong) but the Aggie discount was pretty nice.
Duck Blind
AG
My son and I killed gators and had Parker's make our boots. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Perfect, custom fit. Great workmanship and attention to detail.
jrrhouston98
AG
Unfortunately Dave Wheeler quit taking new customers a couple of years ago. I have several pairs from him and they're amazing. He's by far the best in the business. Ill ask who he'd recommend for a new pair.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.