Houston
Sponsored by

Real estate attorney (problematic neighbors)

5,240 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Diggity
V8Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Asking for a family friend who is prepared to go through litigation if necessary. I've warned her of potential costs etc but it's to the point where she is considering selling to get away from it.

From what I understand the neighbor doesn't live there and is renting out the house for parties only. Apparently there are no deed restrictions either.
Lives within 610 in a very well off neighborhood. I'm still perplexed at the lack of any sort of restrictions outside of a Houston noise ordinance.

She had an attorney send a letter but they responded in kind and basically dared her to make a move.

Anyone know of a good firm?

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
It's Hammer Time!
V8Aggie
AG
Absolutely not lol
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
How much money is she looking to waste on a nuisance lawsuit?
chimpanzee
You know, one could almost imagine businesses where people might get together socially in a location where it didn't bother other nearby people trying to live. It could be a club-like atmosphere and everyone would enjoy themselves boisterously and proprietors could earn an honest income.

Too bad such activities are manifestly licentious with insufficient fear of the dread 'Rona. These people are just following glorious Mama Lina and staying home, someone else's home, but a home nonetheless. Double bonus when the DA stops prosecuting anything and an absentee landlord doesn't have a livelihood at stake to incentivize them to keep things from getting out of hand.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
updated with other email below.
V8Aggie
AG
Already told her courts are reluctant to even hear nuisance claims outside specific circumstances and don't want to be involved in neighbor disputes.

She even had these folks over for dinner and they're being complete dicks.

She wants to discuss this with a qualified attorney/ firm about the best possible course of action. She has the means to take to court, but if there are other avenues she's more than happy to go that way.
V8Aggie
AG
Email spelled correctly? Not going through.
Unemployed
AG
V8Aggie said:

Email spelled correctly? Not going through.
As a rule, I don't trust anybody with a yahoo email account.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
use my other email (will repost if you don't have it yet)
Chewy
AG
I'm more than happy to help if you can score these parties on the following scale and provide an address.

1) Swingers
2) Cocaine and hookers/strippers
3 Keg and jam box
tandy miller
AG
I know someone but I cannot, in good faith, offer a recommendation without a pic of family friend's tits
FJB
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Wasn't the old answer to this issue coyote urine on their slab? Somebody got into actual trouble for saying this many years ago.
Martin Q. Blank
Find owner's address, buy house next door, advertise on airbnb as good party house, (maybe) profit.
Irish 2.0
Zak Patel
The Zak K. Patel Law Firm
zak@zakpatellaw.com
713-570-6000 x 101

Good friend and Aggie.
AggieStan
Rice Military?
MAS444
AG
Let me guess, it's not about money - it's about the principle of it???!

Says every civil litigant ever - and then it ultimately comes down to money. And this would be a 100% waste of it.
FarmerJohn
AG
Wouldn't code enforcement be a better avenue? Sounds like an unlicensed dance hall or alcohol related business. Video and well documented events would help as would finding the place advertised. Any outside speakers? You can get them on that as well.
HeightsAg
Are they DeAndre Hopkins' neighbor?

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3145663
Madman
AG
V8Aggie said:

Asking for a family friend who is prepared to go through litigation if necessary. I've warned her of potential costs etc but it's to the point where she is considering selling to get away from it.

From what I understand the neighbor doesn't live there and is renting out the house for parties only. Apparently there are no deed restrictions either.
Lives within 610 in a very well off neighborhood. I'm still perplexed at the lack of any sort of restrictions outside of a Houston noise ordinance.

She had an attorney send a letter but they responded in kind and basically dared her to make a move.

Anyone know of a good firm?

I would not be surprised if its my neighborhood. We have a similar problem.

And Chewy.

I can 100% certify you would not be interested in attending the parties that are happening at this house.
DustysLineup
AG
I was going to guess yet another different neighborhood near 610. This crap must be popping up all over.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Madman said:

And Chewy.

I can 100% certify you would not be interested in attending the parties that are happening at this house.

https://cypheravenue.com/gay-house-party-etiquette-guide/
combat wombat™
AG
If the property owner of a property next to me was renting their property out for parties all the time you'd better bet your ass I'd be moving.
shihitemuslim
AG
I use Jeffrey Gilman at Gilman and Gilman. 100% real estate attorney
Mas89
AG
combat wombat said:

If the property owner of a property next to me was renting their property out for parties all the time you'd better bet your ass I'd be moving.
Are you serious Clark? If the house had a water leak inside and flooded, it would not be a party house for a while.
I do not understand how people would let this continue in their neighborhood. Lots of ways to stop it. Be creative. Attorney would not be on my short list.
combat wombat™
AG
Well, I'm not a criminal. While the neighbor may DESERVE it my values won't let me break into property I do not own and damage/ sabotage it.
JYDog90
AG
Brisket pumped full of antifreeze?

Oh wait, that's for neighbors with nuisance dogs.
Formerly Willy Wonka
I Drink Your Milkshake
AG
Quote:

Are you serious Clark? If the house had a water leak inside and flooded, it would not be a party house for a while.
Good way to wind up dead when you do this to one of these leased houses the cartels use for partying.
Sea Speed
AG
Also don't flash your lights at cars without their lights on. Gangs will kill you for initiation.
TarponChaser
You need...

tk for tu juan

tandy miller
AG
Call this guy. You're welcome

FJB
lancevance
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Wasn't the old answer to this issue coyote urine on their slab? Somebody got into actual trouble for saying this many years ago.

What would that do? Turn it into a coyote mating ground?
txags92
AG
Throw a bunch of catnip seed over the fence into their gardens. Once all the feral cats in the neighborhood show up and start peeing and crapping in their gardens things should slow down. Nobody wants to party in a place that smells like a catbox.
Mas89
AG
Yeah. I'm sure somebody will say it's also illegal to trap a bunch of feral cats and release them in the house.

This thread reminds of a guy that lived in Crocker for a couple years in the late 80s. Pat C was the king of pranks. Everyone said not to ever retaliate because you could never win. Even went as far as putting dead road kill animals in peoples bunks.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.