Houston
Sponsored by

How hard is it to get a rental car at Bush airport?

2,287 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mookie
MemphisAg1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been 16 months; I've heard horror stories of a shortage of cars.

Curious what recent travelers into Bush who rent a car are seeing?
Irish 2.0
MemphisAg1 said:

Been 16 months; I've heard horror stories of a shortage of cars.

Curious what recent travelers into Bush who rent a car are seeing?
They can be had...But would you prefer to give up the right or left testicle?
Fairview
AG
Done it a few times this year including getting one tomorrow. I just booked with Hertz in advance like I normally do.

The rental car garage is pretty empty but I didn't have an issue there. (Probably just jinxed myself for tomorrow)
MemphisAg1
AG
Fairview said:

Done it a few times this year including getting one tomorrow. I just booked with Hertz in advance like I normally do.

The rental car garage is pretty empty but I didn't have an issue there. (Probably just jinxed myself for tomorrow)
Thanks, that's what I'm trying to understand. Learned the hard way just because I have a reservation doesn't mean they have a car.
randy828
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Fairview said:

Thanks, that's what I'm trying to understand. Learned the hard way just because I have a reservation doesn't mean they have a car.
Man, that is a classic Seinfeld moment. "the important thing is to HOLD the reservation. Anyone can TAKE a reservation.."

I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
BarryProfit
Join loyalty club for whatever agency you choose and it is much easier / faster
Irish 2.0
BarryProfit said:

Join loyalty club for whatever agency you choose and it is much easier / faster
Not right now it isn't. It is all f'd up.
MemphisAg1
AG
Yep, it played out just about like that...
rilloaggie
AG
Very similar to reserving an Uber/Lyft also. Fun to find out 35 mins before your 30 minute drive to the airport that a reservation for those means absolutely nothing.
TAM85
If I was renting for work i would likely use conventional car rental, but for a family trip I recently used Turo and paid less than half of what National wanted for a 5 day rental of a similar car.
tandy miller
AG
Is this a good deal? Trying to pick up in Spokane and drop off in Missoula

FJB
tandy miller
AG
I know 2 separate couples who paid 1800-2200 each for turos. 5 days worth of rentals. Rental is end of this month
FJB
TAM85
I rented an Audi Q7 for five days for total of $561 including fees. I don't think Turo will work for drop off at different states. National wanted $1,150 for a Tahoe for 5 days and that did not including fees and taxes.

Rentals are just crazy expensive this summer.
tandy miller
AG
If I pick up and drop back off in Spokane it's like $700 for 5 days. But it's a car that would normally be ~$35 or so a day.

I should have just flown into Missoula and had someone drive me to victor. Flight into Spokane was $500 cheaper, but did not expect the rental cluster****
FJB
TAM85
Yes, it is crazy. Check the Travel Board (Rental Car Prices thread). A couple people got some good rates on rentals, so they may be able to point you in the right direction.
ptothemo
AG
The bail for stealing a car and using it for a few days might be less expensive than renting one at this point. And they say that crime doesn't pay.
TriAg2010
AG
tandy miller said:

Is this a good deal? Trying to pick up in Spokane and drop off in Missoula

Why rent when you could buy this sweet 2003 Trailblazer for the same price?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=565755335
bularry
i just rented a car for a week at Santa Barbara airport in CA for $450. A bit high but not crazy.
Mookie
AG
I got a midsize last week in Medford OR from enterprise for $38/day
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.