Houston
Sponsored by

Terry Black's coming to the Tine

3,504 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by schmellba99
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BohunkAg
AG
nice link
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
If I go, will I never come back?
jetch17
AG
ccolley68
AG
I hope he has learned that instead of trying to lease out a space, or build a nee restaurant, he instead just builds a house and cooks behind it so he can compete with some of the Tine's best backyard masters.
Create Account
Is this Tori Black's cousin?
schmendeler
AG
https://houston.eater.com/2021/6/2/22464225/terry-blacks-houston-shepherd-drive-expansion-permit-applications
Charlie Murphy
Just checked the menu, Sliced Beef sandwich w/Chips & Drink is $18.
vansprinkle
AG
Never heard of it. Must not be that legendary.
jja79
AG
It's big time in Texas.
schmellba99
AG
Charlie Murphy said:

Good BBQ isn't cheap. If you want cheap, I'm sure there is a Bill Miller's or Spring Creek not too far from you.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Create Account said:

Is this Tori Black's cousin?
I read her name in the thread title. Disappointed to scroll down for another bbq discussion.
Jack Cheese
AG
schmellba99 said:

Charlie Murphy said:

Good BBQ isn't cheap. If you want cheap, I'm sure there is a Bill Miller's or Spring Creek not too far from you.

Dude even spring creek (SPRING EFFIN CREEK) is expensive these days.
CowtownAg06
AG
The article mentions it but, this is a family split from the one in Lockhart (just Blacks) with the higher reputation. They drop a funny "family beef" pun in the article, but I'm not sure it's intentional. I've never had Terry Black's, but it's not the same as the more famous one.
chimpanzee
Jack Cheese said:

schmellba99 said:

Charlie Murphy said:

Dude even spring creek (SPRING EFFIN CREEK) is expensive these days.
Not that anyone should, but you can actually get a salad in the tunnels for $15 these days.

A dollar doesn't mean what you think it does.
cajunaggie08
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

The article mentions it but, this is a family split for the one in Lockhart (just Blacks) with the higher reputation. They drop a funny "family beef" pun in, but I'm not sure it's interesting. I've never had Terry Black's, but it's not the same as the more famous one.
I had the brisket at Terry Black's and it was very good. I havent been to the Black's in Lockhart in over a decade so I don't know how it compares today. If the Houston location comes close to the quality as Terry Black's Austin spot, it will do well here.
StEdsCOOG
cajunaggie08 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

The article mentions it but, this is a family split for the one in Lockhart (just Blacks) with the higher reputation. They drop a funny "family beef" pun in, but I'm not sure it's interesting. I've never had Terry Black's, but it's not the same as the more famous one.
I had the brisket at Terry Black's and it was very good. I havent been to the Black's in Lockhart in over a decade so I don't know how it compares today. If the Houston location comes close to the quality as Terry Black's Austin spot, it will do well here.
Agree. I have had it twice and was very impressed. My brother thinks the Terry Black's in Austin is better than any joint here in town.
Charlie Murphy
schmellba99 said:

Charlie Murphy said:

Got it, you either way overpay for a bbq sandwhich or your a a bbq noob.
Boo Weekley
Charlie Murphy said:

schmellba99 said:

Charlie Murphy said:

$18 for any type of sandwich, chips and a drink is ridiculous imo. After tax and tip to feed 4 people the most basic item on your menu, you're looking at $95. LOL.

EDIT: actually, I guess you'd probably just tip a few bucks at a BBQ joint right? So maybe more like $83.
Charlie Murphy
Boo Weekley said:

Charlie Murphy said:

schmellba99 said:

Charlie Murphy said:

$18 for any type of sandwich, chips and a drink is ridiculous imo. After tax and tip to feed 4 people the most basic item on your menu, you're looking at $95. LOL.

EDIT: actually, I guess you'd probably just tip a few bucks at a BBQ joint right? So maybe more like $83.
Look man, if your not willing to drop $150 on bbq you might as well head to to James Coney Island for a hot dog .
schmellba99
AG
Charlie Murphy said:

schmellba99 said:

Charlie Murphy said:

Got it. You are happy eating boiled brisket slathered in liquid smoke and KC masterpiece bbq sauce that runs $1.99 at the gas station. More power to you, I guess?

Goode BBQ and Dickey's will never go out of business because that is where you drop change.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.