Houston
Sponsored by

Tasting Menu Restaurants

1,681 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a good spot for a birthday dinner for the wife. Preferably something with a tasting menu. She loved March, Uchi, and Kata Robata so anything with fancy raw dishes inside or near the loop would be ideal. Celebrating with friends and family on the weekend, so the dinner will just be us two. Any suggestions? TIA.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Go to kata robata and get the omakase for two. Aso get a hotel room nearby and T&P for your Johnson after it's over because the spirit will be willing but the flesh will be bruised and spongy.
Irish 2.0
Nobu possibly

Haven't been to the one here personally, but have heard mixed reviews. The ones in Malibu, LV, and Manila were amazing though
ATM9000
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

I'm looking for a good spot for a birthday dinner for the wife. Preferably something with a tasting menu. She loved March, Uchi, and Kata Robata so anything with fancy raw dishes inside or near the loop would be ideal. Celebrating with friends and family on the weekend, so the dinner will just be us two. Any suggestions? TIA.

Roka Akor has been my wife and my favorite sushi/Japanese steakhouse in Houston though Robata is pretty good too. Nobu is a good bit behind both of those in my opinion. Been twice. They've got the name to them but the service both times has been off which I think is problematic for the prices you pay there.
BMX Bandit
Hidden Omakase
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Step outside the box and consider Eculent.

https://www.eculent.com/menu
ATM9000
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Step outside the box and consider Eculent.

https://www.eculent.com/menu

Eculent is like nothing else in the area and very good too. Only problem with it is it is in Kemah.
htxag09
AG
Wife really wants to try hidden omakase.

I loved Nobu in Vegas, disappointed in the one here. Thought kata robata was better. Granted, it was a preset menu for NYE.
DiskoTroop
Damien's has a chef's table in the kitchen that's like a tasting menu. If you're ok with very classical Jersey style Italian executed very well, this would be good.
CowtownAg06
AG
What was your take on March? I've got a reservation there at the end of June and trying to decide if I want to keep it.
Teddy Perkins
AG
It was absolutely incredible. Strongly recommend the wine pairing they offer as well.
Teddy Perkins
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Hidden Omakase
Damn, this would have been perfect if it wasn't so hard to get two seats.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.