Houston
Sponsored by

Best hamburger in the United States?

13,371 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fastgreens
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure they mean Stanton's on Houston, couple blocks north of Washington. They are still there. Haven't been in a while though.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
No.

Stanton's City Bites. Damn good burger.
Scan Man
AG
I've been itching to try the Pappas BBQ Burger since this thread finally got it today (in The Woodlands), fantastic. Best burger I've had in a long time.
94chem
If it's more than $15 for the burger and fresh cut fries, it doesn't count. You're just eating on the cheap at a steakhouse at that point. Man up, admit you belong at Culver's, and go back to the steak place when you're not an lol poor or the boss lets you use the company card.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DiskoTroop
94chem said:

If it's more than $15 for the burger and fresh cut fries, it doesn't count. You're just eating on the cheap at a steakhouse at that point. Man up, admit you belong at Culver's, and go back to the steak place when you're not an lol poor or the boss lets you use the company card.

You had a good experience with my rec for Fire Craft BBQ... give the Pappas BBQ Burger a try on my word. If you genuinely don't like it... I'll buy you a burger elsewhere.

Legit offer. Email me.
StillNotAnAggie
Scan Man said:

I've been itching to try the Pappas BBQ Burger since this thread finally got it today (in The Woodlands), fantastic. Best burger I've had in a long time.
If you are in The Woodlands, try Uncle Tony's on Rayford. I haven't had Pappas burger but the one from Uncle Tony's was one of the best I have had in a long time. Going back for the Rattlesnake burger this weekend.
TarponChaser
94chem said:

I haven't been to Pappas Burger or any burger place recently (say Hubcap, Lankford, or Stanton's) but my recollection is that a burger & fries from any one of those joints will run you over $15.

That being said, a truly good burger isn't hard to do right but it's really easy to fck up.
BillYeoman
Papas BBQ burger is excellent. Their fries are incredible.

Coog97
The burger at Pappas BBQ is freaking fantastic!
94chem
TheFunnierPhideaux said:

94chem said:

You had a good experience with my rec for Fire Craft BBQ... give the Pappas BBQ Burger a try on my word. If you genuinely don't like it... I'll buy you a burger elsewhere.

Legit offer. Email me.
I'm sure it's good. I just don't think it's fair to compare a greasy spoon with a steakhouse where they read stories to the cows and massaged them hourly on the verdant slopes of Mount Blissfire before gently slitting their throats, feeding them into a wood-chipper, and molding your idylllic $50 patty of pleasure.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DiskoTroop
ok I get where you're coming from and agree. Au Gravel or whatever it is in Chicago that everyone hoots and hollers about... That's kinda what you're talking about? Right?

Agreed. That burger and the Joy Luck Burger spot are never gonna be in the same category.

I don't think the Pappas BBQ Burger is on the same level as all that though. It's just a burger made from brisket trimmings.
TarponChaser
94chem said:

TheFunnierPhideaux said:

94chem said:

Legit offer. Email me.
I'm sure it's good. I just don't think it's fair to compare a greasy spoon with a steakhouse where they read stories to the cows and massaged them hourly on the verdant slopes of Mount Blissfire before gently slitting their throats, feeding them into a wood-chipper, and molding your idylllic $50 patty of pleasure.

Hold up.

Pappas BBQ and Pappas Burger are not steakhouses merely because they're owned by the same people as Pappas Steakhouse. By that rationale you could be calling a burger from Pappas BBQ "Mexican" because it's the same people who own Pappasito's. Or Cajun/Creole thanks to Pappadeaux's.
schmendeler
AG
94chem said:

TheFunnierPhideaux said:

94chem said:

Legit offer. Email me.
you seem to be conflating pappas bros steakhouse with the luther's replacement, pappas bbq. we are talking about the burger at the latter establishment.

you order in a line and pay and then sit down and they call your name/number.
schmendeler
AG
awesome! happy to hear the woodlands one is legit also.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Idk about the country but M&M over in the medical center has a pretty damn good burger. The loaded double is great.
Win At Life
AG
I hadn't eaten at a Becks in years. But last year I stopped into the one in Willowbrook before is closed. Come on, guys, that's some seriously steaky flavored hamburger. I can see that being rated #1. My biggest issue was paying $20 for a hamburger, but it was dam good, though.
94chem
TheFunnierPhideaux said:

ok I get where you're coming from and agree. Au Gravel or whatever it is in Chicago that everyone hoots and hollers about... That's kinda what you're talking about? Right?

Agreed. That burger and the Joy Luck Burger spot are never gonna be in the same category.

I don't think the Pappas BBQ Burger is on the same level as all that though. It's just a burger made from brisket trimmings.
Okay. Honestly, I haven't been to Pappas BBQ. I always assumed it was way overpriced like Pappasitos. Every time I drive past there I see a drive thru line backed up to the highway, with stimulus checks gone wild.

However, since you gave me the tip, I'll let you know that I really like the burgers at Tin Roof, and the fries are hand cut like 5 Guys. When my boys have a birthday, I get them the large one. It used to be 1.5 lbs, but I think it's a 1 pounder now.
94chem,
BillYeoman
94chem said:

TheFunnierPhideaux said:

Okay. Honestly, I haven't been to Pappas BBQ. I always assumed it was way overpriced like Pappasitos. Every time I drive past there I see a drive thru line backed up to the highway, with stimulus checks gone wild.

However, since you gave me the tip, I'll let you know that I really like the burgers at Tin Roof, and the fries are hand cut like 5 Guys. When my boys have a birthday, I get them the large one. It used to be 1.5 lbs, but I think it's a 1 pounder now.
BillYeoman
94chem said:

TheFunnierPhideaux said:

fastgreens
AG
Ninfa's Original Fajita Burger

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.