Houston
Sponsored by

Yard crew in Kingwood

1,369 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 94chem
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Welp, the time has officially come where our schedules are filled every day after school/work and most Saturdays, and given I don't want to mow on the one day we have nothing planned, it's time to get a yard crew until my kids are big enough to push a mower.

What are you guys paying per week? Not looking for anything more than mow/edge/blow (not that kind). ~10k sq/ft lot with no pool. Got 1 quote from my neighbor's crew for $40/wk, and a couple of messages into other crews from the street. Not sure what the average rate is.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
$40 a week is outstanding. $60+ is common
for that size.
94chem
aTm2004 said:

Welp, the time has officially come where our schedules are filled every day after school/work and most Saturdays, and given I don't want to mow on the one day we have nothing planned, it's time to get a yard crew until my kids are big enough to push a mower.

What are you guys paying per week? Not looking for anything more than mow/edge/blow (not that kind). ~10k sq/ft lot with no pool. Got 1 quote from my neighbor's crew for $40/wk, and a couple of messages into other crews from the street. Not sure what the average rate is.

Take it. But why do you need it every week? Tell them every other week. Also, 2 guys spend an hour on your yard? Why would you want to pay less than $40? You keep them on retainder during the off-season for other odd jobs.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
herb96
AG
That's a good deal, take it.
DiskoTroop
Samuel Lara does mine, my neighbors on both sides and the guy across the street in Bear Branch. 10k lot with a pool, mow, edge, blow. 4 guys hit it like a tornado and they're gone in an hour, all 4 yards done.

March-Oct is $25/week every week, Nov-Feb is $30/week every other week and if you stay with him through the winter he fertilizes for free in the spring.

(832) 267-8608

Email me and I'll give you my address so he'll know who referred you.

The foreman speaks good English and they do other stuff too.

Back in September I had them cut down two youpons and haul off, completely clean out two large beds in the front, spray herbicide and lay mulch all for $350. Mulch included.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
That's exploiting cheap labor
But that's a Texican's creed
TarponChaser
I've got a dude named Brandon Jones who owns his own little company and I'm pretty sure it's just a single crew called "Grass With Class" that's based in Kingwood. For our lot like yours we pay $135 per month year-round. During the spring/summer he hits it weekly, prunes the bushes when necessary, and cleans out the flower beds as necessary. He hits it fewer times in the winter but it averages out. Plus, he'll offer additional services like spreading weed & feed on schedule and has a great tree company he works with when you need them.

Text him and get a quote: (281) 802-1600

Ezra Brooks
AG
$40 is in the right ballpark.

I just fired my guy as my boys are coming of age that they need to take it over. We were paying $25, but we only have a front yard, no back due to the pool.

We were paying $30 at our other house in King's Point that would be pretty similar to yours.

Best bet is to just find out when your neighbors' is mowed and ask their guy "cuanto?"
aTm2004
AG
94chem said:

aTm2004 said:

Take it. But why do you need it every week? Tell them every other week. Also, 2 guys spend an hour on your yard? Why would you want to pay less than $40? You keep them on retainder during the off-season for other odd jobs.
Well, I water quite a bit during the summer so the grass grows quickly, thus I want it cut weekly. During the fall/winter, different story.

Never said anyone spends an hour on my yard. Takes me about that when I do it myself. Just getting to the point that I don't want to do it on a Sunday or have to try to fit it in one day during the week if something gets cancelled. I also need a new weed eater, and the cost on the one I'm looking at would get me through a couple months of having it done, so...

The guys that do my neighbors yard that have given me a quote raked my yard a monthago. I bagged 12 large bags of leaves out of my front yard alone, and it seems like the oak in my yard took it personally and dumped all of its leaves overnight, because by the next morning, it didn't even look like I raked, so I decided to hire it out instead of doing the front again and then the back. Eff that.
aTm2004
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

$40 a week is outstanding. $60+ is common
for that size.
I've never had someone do it, so I'm not sure what the going rate is in the area. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of others, but it seems like the $40 is a good deal. I'm guessing they'll just add my yard into the schedule the same day the mow my neighbor's. He had the same crew when he lived in Oakhurst and has been happy with them.
aTm2004
AG
Thanks for the recommendation. I may text him over the weekend for a quote.
aTm2004
AG
Quote:

Best bet is to just find out when your neighbors' is mowed and ask their guy "cuanto?"
That's probably what I'm going to end up doing...just going with one of the crews that is already on the street and they can knock out both yards with 1 trip. My main thing was not knowing what the rate was and whether or not it was too high or too low.
Texaggie7nine
I used https://www.yourgreenpal.com/ to find our guy in Willowbrook area. About the same size yard was around $35 a mow&blow.
7nine
Ezra Brooks
AG
aTm2004 said:

Quote:

That's probably what I'm going to end up doing...just going with one of the crews that is already on the street and they can knock out both yards with 1 trip. My main thing was not knowing what the rate was and whether or not it was too high or too low.
I'm in your neighborhood - one over actually....$35-$40 is about the going rate, so you're good.
redag06
Probably unlikely since kids don't want to work anymore, but are there any teenage neighborhood kids?
aTm2004
AG
Appreciate it.
aTm2004
AG
redag06 said:

Probably unlikely since kids don't want to work anymore, but are there any teenage neighborhood kids?
SlackerAg
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I used https://www.yourgreenpal.com/ to find our guy in Willowbrook area. About the same size yard was around $35 a mow&blow.

Thanks. Looks like good business setup, might try it. I like the online scheduling & payment, instead of messing with cash to pay Paco.
Texaggie7nine
YA, it's super easy. Guy txt's me a pic of the finished lawn. I pay through the portal.
7nine
94chem
aTm2004 said:

94chem said:

aTm2004 said:

Well, I water quite a bit during the summer so the grass grows quickly, thus I want it cut weekly. During the fall/winter, different story.

Never said anyone spends an hour on my yard. Takes me about that when I do it myself. Just getting to the point that I don't want to do it on a Sunday or have to try to fit it in one day during the week if something gets cancelled. I also need a new weed eater, and the cost on the one I'm looking at would get me through a couple months of having it done, so...

The guys that do my neighbors yard that have given me a quote raked my yard a monthago. I bagged 12 large bags of leaves out of my front yard alone, and it seems like the oak in my yard took it personally and dumped all of its leaves overnight, because by the next morning, it didn't even look like I raked, so I decided to hire it out instead of doing the front again and then the back. Eff that.
Baby #4 cured me. Harvey sealed the deal forever by putting the mower under water.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.