Houston
Sponsored by

Pub Fiction - RIP?

2,135 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggie09Derek
Chewy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't seen this discussed on here but someone told me this weekend that Pub Fiction gave up the ghost. The owners want to move in a new direction.

A fairly quick Google search says it might be possible but not definitive.

Anyone heard anything?
Diggity
AG
There is no Joy in Pubville.
Onceaggie2.0
Is that area dying ? Irish cowboy has been closed for 3 years now
Irish 2.0

Wonder what Howdy Club is gonna do now
Irish 2.0
Chewy
AG
Yeah. What I was told is Paulouci still owns the property and is just moving on from Pub because of the previous management and he's done with it.

I think he just wants to lease property and have nothing to do with running the bars. Apparently he was trying to do that anyway but got sucked back in on Pub.

Ironically this was from someone I'd never met before and not tied into the crew we know that's been tied into the Pub crowd forever.
Irish 2.0
I took down the text because he said 'don't quote me on that' but it was essentially the same. COVID was the dagger. Irish Cowboy is likely headed to a group that wants to do dog friendly patio bar
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I remember the grand opening like it was yesterday -sigh-

That place was a great partner to Howdy Club over the years and funded many a scholarship (in addition to being loyal to showing our games with audio, back when half our games were on 3rd-tier or streaming-only media).

Their free concert series back in the day was amazing. Front row for Creager, Fowler, Watson, etc.

I've hardly stepped foot in there since I turned 30, but have some fond memories from there. RIP.
spadilly
S
Watched the 2012 Bama game there and then loaded up and drove to Northgate after we won.
Good times.

Pour one out.
DustysLineup
AG

Quote:

Their free concert series back in the day was amazing. Front row for Creager, Fowler, Watson, etc.
I must've missed all of that. I think the prime years for that place were at a time when I was either on the road a lot or just working crazy and barely going out at all. By the time I eventually got talked into going to a Howdy club hh there, the crowd made me feel kind of old.

Is there anyone left on the Houston board who's young enough to be active w/ Howdy Club anymore?
BohunkAg
AG
I'm So Tor up.
HtownAg92
AG
Every Friday HH crew with TG as our regular waitress when it was new. She would have your beer on the table before you even got there to sit down.

RIP to Pub
Diggity
AG
she would always hoof it for sure
HtownAg92
AG
Diggity said:

she would always hoof it for sure
cab559
AG
Best bar day ever was at pub, st. Patty's day a&m vs Louisville to go the sweet 16. Watched a friend of a friend get tossed for whipping it out and pissing under the table. Not sure why other than too drunk to get up.
Irish 2.0
cab559 said:

Best bar day ever was at pub, st. Patty's day a&m vs Louisville to go the sweet 16. Watched a friend of a friend get tossed for whipping it out and pissing under the table. Not sure why other than too drunk to get up.

Bathroom line was probably too long.
DustysLineup
AG
Probably a sure sign I was bound to turn into an old man when I first started feeling a little claustrophobic in that kind of crowd.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Chewy said:

Yeah. What I was told is Paulouci still owns the property and is just moving on from Pub because of the previous management and he's done with it.

I think he just wants to lease property and have nothing to do with running the bars. Apparently he was trying to do that anyway but got sucked back in on Pub.

Ironically this was from someone I'd never met before and not tied into the crew we know that's been tied into the Pub crowd forever.
Heard the exact same thing

Group based out of Denver looking to take it over
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.