Houston
Sponsored by

West Memorial- Strange antenna on streetlight

2,732 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FHKChE07
drmwvr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While walking last evening, I noticed this new (?) bit of electronic hardware attached to a streetlight in my neighborhood. Does anyone know what this is? I'm thinking some sort of radio repeater for the police? It points south if that's helpful. Thanks

Silky Johnston
Signal booster for mind control. Hope you didn't get the COVID vaccine.
randy828
AG
From what I am reading, they could be small cell phone "towers" used to supplement the existing networks. Instead of building more cell towers.

Quote:

The company also controls about 60,000 route miles of fiber across major U.S. markets and is a leading provider of small cells, or boxes attached to utility poles or street lights. Small cells supplement the fiber and cell towers to provide extra bandwidth in a localized area

How many bars were you getting when you walked under it?
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Flashdiaz
AG
whether it's good for you is a roll of the dice.
wessimo
AG
Maybe it was placed there by the UFO in the pics.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Been nice knowing you, OP. See you on the other side.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Son of a biscuit! I was wondering where I put that. Thanks!
Ag_07
AG
Yep...5G cancer stick is my guess
TarponChaser
Not 5G and not a small cell antennae.

Looks more like something for gathering and sending data on power usage for the light pole. Perhaps has something to do with solar power for the light. There's not enough fiber to that antennae and nor does there appear to be enough power cable to it. Too small of an installation.

I'm in the business and 5G and small cell antennae typically look like this:

or this:

or this:

BarryProfit
Nerd
young eugene
AG
Gunfire locator?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Antenna for wireless utility meters, likely electric
Diggity
AG
Off Topic, but when did "West Memorial" become a thing?
YellAg2004
AG
Was this on a main street or a local street with little to no through traffic? If it's a main/through street, it could be a Bluetooth detector used to monitor traffic speeds.
drmwvr
AG
Red dot is approximate location. No others installed in neighborhood (Yorkshire). Very quiet street.
YellAg2004
AG
Google search of "antenna on street light" seems to point to some type of wireless mesh network utilized by either emergency services or utility services (i.e. Centerpoint) to collect meter read data and pass it along into their system.
drmwvr
AG
Diggity said:

Off Topic, but when did "West Memorial" become a thing?

Wife's a realtor. She says it's the memorial area that not part of the villages. Per HAR-

Diggity
AG
sweet...I guess I live in Brays Oaks
MAS444
AG
I call it West Memorial too. Mainly because it's a fairly accurate description and I don't know what else to call it.
Diggity
AG
I've always found that description confusing because there's actually a neighborhood called West Memorial and it's not in that area.

drmwvr
AG
Should have said Memorial West as that is the more accurate description according to HAR. Sorry about that!

Now about that brain melting, super covid ray gun in my hood.

Am I going to die?
Diggity
AG
50/50
cajunaggie08
AG
Diggity said:

I've always found that description confusing because there's actually a neighborhood called West Memorial and it's not in that area.

Yup, I went to West Memorial Junior High for a bit. It's def a few rungs down on the income ladder from those who live in what is considered Memorial West.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
A realtor questioning a dumb name for an area. That's rich!
Chewy
AG
I'd consider this Really West Heights. It's still 20 minutes from anywhere which is the most important part.
Diggity
AG
nobody picked me for that committee
FHKChE07
AG
This is what the gunshot locators look like.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.