Houston
Sponsored by

Captain Tom's

1,980 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Unemployed
BusterAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Okay. We do not need you to go here. but captain tom's on 1960 is a treasure.

Captain Tom's has gulf oysters on the half shell for $9 per dozen.

If you go there during rush hour, will you have to wait? Yes
If you do going during rush hour, and wait, and get in, will you see connected cholos holding down the place? Yes.
If you go outside of rush hour, and order clams, will you get the freshest clams in the city for $9 a dozen? Yes.

I am pretty sure I saw the guy behind the counter shuck 100 clams tonight. Great place for cheap clams. People there are authentic. Go, and have a great time.
redag06
Clams or Oysters?
Panama Red
AG
Did you fall and hit your head in the middle of posting? Yes.
BowSowy
AG
I got salmonella poisoning from oysters at Captain Tom's...good times
drumboy
AG
BowSowy said:

Always though salmonella was from poultry and vibriosis was from oysters. Did this happen in a month with an 'r'?
BowSowy
AG
drumboy said:

BowSowy said:

Always though salmonella was from poultry and vibriosis was from oysters. Did this happen in a month with an 'r'?
It may have been vibriosis. I just know that I was spewing from both ends and ran a fever that caused me to be delirious for a few days
drumboy
AG
BowSowy said:

drumboy said:

BowSowy said:

It may have been vibriosis. I just know that I was spewing from both ends and ran a fever that caused me to be delirious for a few days
Sucks. What part of the year was it? I won't eat raw oysters in May, June, July, or August because of this risk.
schmendeler
AG
We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
BQ_90
AG
schmendeler said:

We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
****ing poetry
Onceaggie2.0
Best oysters are made in my backyard.
jetch17
AG
$9/dz is nearly double what they used to be

/peepaw

I'd drink them micheladas off a sharpie drawn eyebrow'd chulas fupa, though
chico
AG
$10/dozen at Eugene's during happy hour....not the same scene as Cap't Tom's however.
schmendeler
AG
I've been bummed that as of my last visit, Pappadeux still wasn't offering oysters again. Also quite the different scene, but it was a nice starter to a meal.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
jetch17 said:

$9/dz is nearly double what they used to be

/peepaw

I'd drink them micheladas off a sharpie drawn eyebrow'd chulas fupa, though

Damn right
jetch17
AG
Or a fried shrimp from a Texas mini flung off of Mr.McGibblets hogtip
Mr. McGibblets
AG
jetch17 said:

Or a fried shrimp from a Texas mini flung off of Mr.McGibblets hogtip

Now I am erect
Cromagnum
AG
Tommy's in Clear Lake has them for $8 a dozen. I remember when they used to be $5. Always good quality too.
fulshearAg96
AG
schmendeler said:

Is this a Biden quote?
jetch17
AG
Unemployed
AG
fulshearAg96 said:

schmendeler said:

Is this a Biden quote?
Biden is not that coherent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.