Houston
Sponsored by

Land outside of Houston Waller/Tomball/Magnolia

2,806 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by T Durden
Aggwife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking to get out of the suburbs and buy some land. Looking from waller to tomball area. Yes, I know this will be the burbs sooner than later. Does anyone know what would be a more desirable place, or is it just personal preference? Looking for 10-20 acres. with trees. We need help narrowing down the area.

Also, how would one find out what is going to be built around them (if planned). For example, HEB, Target, etc.
TxAg82
AG
If you are looking out near Magnolia...

1st off - good luck. Land prices are high.

2nd off - An HEB and retail development will be going in at the corner of 149 and 1488.
i is smart
AG
Currently living in The Woodlands close to Tomball, and the burbs are already here.

Is North of Conroe an option?
BMX Bandit
What's the child kidnapping scene like up there?
Mas89
AG
10 plus acres probably around 50k per acre close to Tomball.
Premium
AG
We have 2 acres with trees on a golf course, so the extra space feels like acreage. Perhaps a way to get "land" for cheaper.

Other than that, and I don't know the following area a ton, but 77355 land, search on Zillow. A few properties in the $300 - $350+ range that meet your criteria.
MAS444
AG
I've got some friends on the force and let's just say they're going to actively deal with kidnapping as a problem if it happens.
Aggwife
Dad Jokes said:

Currently living in The Woodlands close to Tomball, and the burbs are already here.

Is North of Conroe an option?
Conroe might be a little too north. Thinking more west of tomball towards waller. I have one in elementary school and one in middle so schools are of interest too.
Aggwife
TxAg82 said:

If you are looking out near Magnolia...

1st off - good luck. Land prices are high.

2nd off - An HEB and retail development will be going in at the corner of 149 and 1488.
Yes, prices are silly high. We are ok with the 600k range. Justified by lower taxes
RenoAg
Navasota is lovely.
CheersforBeers
You need to look slightly past waller. Waller is booming with development already and is one of the fastest growing counties in the state. I imagine if you find a good spot in waller county your ROI over the next 5-10 years would be significant.
Al Bula
AG
TxAg82 said:

like right across from the magnolia HS? That's insane. There's already one at 242/1488 and even closer at Tamina/1488.

Pasquale Liucci
AG
Yes, right across 1488 from the horse farm
JoeAggie5
We were in Navasota for an event a couple of months ago and it was my kind of people.
555-PINF
Look along 1774 between 105 and Anderson. You're 20 minutes from the Montgomery Kroger center and 30 from Conroe. It'll ensure that you're not going to be swallowed up by commercial development in 10 years and the schools are desirable enough that the land will appreciate fairly rapidly.

Look at Brazos Land Company and talk to Lauren Stuart. She will likely know of places that aren't listed but are available. We''be used her for several transactions and she's as good as they come.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Navasota will take off once the school district is vastly improved.
555-PINF
Yep. The schools were trashed by a couple of "internal hires" in the early 2000's, but the new superintendent seems to be doing a good job of cleaning up. It's going to take time, but it'll get there.
[b]Everyone else is wrong about everything. My personal views of the world, music, cuisine, education, parenting, fitness, politics, fashion, video games, sports, and grammar are the only correct ones. If you disagree, you are not only ignorant but willfully stupid as well.
[/texags][/b] - aero ag 2010
TxAg82
AG
Ocean Of Funk said:

TxAg82 said:

like right across from the magnolia HS? That's insane. There's already one at 242/1488 and even closer at Tamina/1488.

Yep. There will be 3 HEB stores along a 10 mile stretch of 1488. That area is about to boom as they start building houses along the new HWY 249
lexofer
AG
You'll need to go a few miles north of Waller to get decent trees. Waller recently redid their downtown area and built a new city hall that looks nice. Put in sidewalks and planters along the main street. A brewery has moved in and things are starting to get less crappy. There's a large new subdivision going in NW of town with planned shopping centers. Still not a great grocery store in town but it takes <20 minutes to get to Cypress HEB.

My land value doubled in a 2 year period not long ago so land prices aren't that great anymore.
T Durden
AG
lexofer said:

You'll need to go a few miles north of Waller to get decent trees. Waller recently redid their downtown area and built a new city hall that looks nice. Put in sidewalks and planters along the main street. A brewery has moved in and things are starting to get less crappy. There's a large new subdivision going in NW of town with planned shopping centers. Still not a great grocery store in town but it takes <20 minutes to get to Cypress HEB.

My land value doubled in a 2 year period not long ago so land prices aren't that great anymore.

And all the Cricket fields anyone could ever want!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.