Houston
Sponsored by

A&M Student Road Rage shooting

11,142 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by htxag09
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://abc13.com/22-year-old-charged-in-road-rage-that-injured-11-year-old/10495221/

Quote:

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- A 22-year-old college student has been arrested and charged after a road rage shooting left an 11-year-old girl with significant injuries.

Investigators with the Harris County Violent Crimes and Major Offender's Unit arrested Max Meyers Tuesday. He is being held on a $115,000 bond.

According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, the girl was traveling with her friends and family on the Grand Parkway at SH-249 on March 27.

As the vehicle was entering the SH-99 entrance, Meyers allegedly fired two gunshots in the direction of the vehicle from his Ford F150, according to deputies.

The 11-year-old girl was struck in the hip and abdomen. The girl was transported to a nearby hospital and was eventually transferred to Memorial Hermann due to the severity of her injuries.
Onceaggie2.0
They gonna enjoy this white boy in prison. What a dumbass.
Boo Weekley
Geez that is insane. There is no excuse for that unless you are being fired at or something, but I would like to know more details. Article leaves the impression it was just some innocent family minding their own business and merging onto 99 but there's typically more to these stories.
drumboy
AG
Onceaggie2.0 said:

Texaggie7nine
The hearing video kind of goes into it more. Says in his statement he admitted to leaving Little Woodrows in Tomball very intoxicated and remembers rolling down his window and shooting twice at the car. Not really clear what the full motivation was though.
7nine
OnlyForNow
AG
So he gets a 150k bond and the dude who is a career criminal and murder suspect got a 1k bond like two weeks ago is over?
vansprinkle
AG
Crazy. My mom is friends with the family that he shot.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I stopped by for a friend's birthday a couple of weeks ago. It was one in/one out at 5pm on a Saturday. That Woodrows draws an interesting clientele.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
drumboy said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

yikes. don't drop the soap, bro.
Boo Weekley
OnlyForNow said:

So he gets a 150k bond and the dude who is a career criminal and murder suspect got a 1k bond like two weeks ago is over?
Black girl magic?
94chem
OnlyForNow said:

Neither one should be on the streets.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I'm guessing A&M will kick this idiot out of school, as it should. And as it should have another student in recent times.
jswags
AG
Was it confirmed that he is a current student?
drumboy
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Close enough to Montgomery County, or maybe they case bond on ability to pay.
BohunkAg
AG
Even if he was drunk as a skunk, what the f-ck was he thinking? I shouldn't be one to judge but holy sheet.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
jswags said:

Was it confirmed that he is a current student?
No idea. I believe his age is 22, if I recall from skimming the article. That puts him right near the end of any typical undergraduate era.

edit - look him up on AggieNetwork.com. Two matches on the name, one from north Texas the other from the Houston area. Likely the Houston area match is this guy but not guaranteed. Information does not indicate whether he is a current student.
94chem
This story had me looking up the Ron Shamburger case again. Scary what lurks in some people.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
jswags
AG
I googled his name and his twitter feed popped up. This was his friend...

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Man-faces-manslaughter-charge-in-death-of-13965924.php
BohunkAg
AG
94chem said:

This story had me looking up the Ron Shamburger case again. Scary what lurks in some people.
I brought that one up the other day to someone. That was a terrible thing.
cajunaggie08
AG
His LinkedIn profile has him as a current student
DustysLineup
AG
94chem said:

Damn, never heard that one.
DustysLineup
AG

Quote:

Harris County judges are basing it on ability to pay or, more realistically, race.
drumboy
AG
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

Harris County judges are basing it on ability to pay or, more realistically, race.
Since the bond essentially is a guarantee that you'll how up for trial basing it on ability to pay makes sense.
Gap
AG
drumboy said:

Harry Lime said:

Quote:

Since the bond essentially is a guarantee that you'll how up for trial basing it on ability to pay makes sense.
Care to support that opinion with any statistics on the lower bonds being handed out having no impact on whether the accused show up for trial? Or is there a negative impact?
drumboy
AG
Gap said:

drumboy said:

Harry Lime said:

Quote:

Care to support that opinion with any statistics on the lower bonds being handed out having no impact on whether the accused show up for trial? Or is there a negative impact?

Nope, just saying bail based on ability to pay makes sense. Care to say it should be a flat rate per charge? I'm cool cause I make enough to be more innocent before proven guilty.
htxag09
AG
While I agree that ability to pay should be a factor, prior history and crime committed absolutely should also be factors. More important factors, IMO.
drumboy
AG
Not disagreeing.

How easy is it to get the bond w/o using a bail bond company that expedites it? Had a couple friends pay the $10k DWI bond via a $1k payment to a bondsman and seems a better option to put the $10k down as they had it easily accessible.
IDaggie06
AG
His LinkedIn says he is an Industrial Distribution major graduating this May. Talk about throwing your future away.

He probably could have managed to get relatively low sentence or probation if nobody had been in the back seat where he shot. He did the worst possible thing though and hit a child. I bet he didn't think anyone was back there but who knows.

No judge or jury will (or should) take shooting an 11 year old girl lightly regardless of the circumstance. He Is screwed (in more ways than one) for many years and even once he gets out of prison his life will never be remotely the same.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Another Doug
AG
He likes to use the n word on his Twitter, he will be popular in prison.
htxag09
AG
Hell deserve everything he gets in prison
Texaggie7nine
So you are saying he will new quick to join Arian Nation?
7nine
Ag06Law
AG
BohunkAg said:

Even if he was drunk as a skunk, what the f-ck was he thinking? I shouldn't be one to judge but holy sheet.

I'd say that unless you've fired a gun into an occupied vehicle, you're free to judge on this one.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Another Doug said:

Think those were retweets and not his own.
drumboy
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Another Doug said:

Think those were retweets and not his own.

It's ok to say if you're quoting someone.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.