Missing Man Found Dead

4,210 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Onceaggie2.0
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/04/02/mysterious-death-family-demands-answers-after-man-found-dead-in-suv/

Anyone know this guy? Apparently he went to A&M. Very sad. I'm curious what happened.
cr0wbar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He was mixed up into something shady off in that area of Dunvale and Westheimer.
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Obviously that's a bad area and plenty of shady stuff to go around there - but do you know he was there voluntarily?
Dan_the_Enchanter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MAS444 said:

Obviously that's a bad area and plenty of shady stuff to go around there - but do you know he was there voluntarily?


This is a bad area compared to what?
et98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While the apartment complexes themselves are probably below the standards of white collar workers like most of us, the area in general is nowhere near the roughest part of town.

Seeing as how he was found in the back of a vehicle, I'd say the odds of him being killed elsewhere and then his body being driven and left there is better than 50/50.
drumboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dan_the_Enchanter said:

MAS444 said:

Obviously that's a bad area and plenty of shady stuff to go around there - but do you know he was there voluntarily?


This is a bad area compared to what?
Westheimer & Chimney Rock

Dunvale isn't the best street, but I always crack up at the snowflakes on here thinking anything ITGP is a bad area. Yall scared to go into Club Dream right next to Dunvale.
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The child-stealing free enclave of Montgomery County for one.
AgCPA95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
drumboy said:

Dan_the_Enchanter said:

MAS444 said:

Obviously that's a bad area and plenty of shady stuff to go around there - but do you know he was there voluntarily?


This is a bad area compared to what?
Westheimer & Chimney Rock

Dunvale isn't the best street, but I always crack up at the snowflakes on here thinking anything ITGP is a bad area. Yall scared to go into Club Dream right next to Dunvale.
Is the Hideaway still open? That is more my speed.
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MAS444 said:

The child-stealing free enclave of Montgomery County for one.
I read it as "Dunlavy and Westheimer" at first. Then I saw "bad area" and thought - really?
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgCPA95 said:

drumboy said:

Dan_the_Enchanter said:

MAS444 said:

Obviously that's a bad area and plenty of shady stuff to go around there - but do you know he was there voluntarily?


This is a bad area compared to what?
Westheimer & Chimney Rock

Dunvale isn't the best street, but I always crack up at the snowflakes on here thinking anything ITGP is a bad area. Yall scared to go into Club Dream right next to Dunvale.
Is the Hideaway still open? That is more my speed.

Anybody else ever frequent the Beverly Pub? What about Nick's Place or Ron's Pub? Those were favorites. And there used to be a great little neighborhood dive by the teeteries off Winrock & Westheimer but I can't remember the name. It appears to be no more and is now a place called "Latin Angel."
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Used to live over there and went to Ron's quite a bit - love that place. I recall the place on Winrock but forget the name. Never went there, though.
drumboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I go to Ron's pretty often to watch Liverpool play when I want to drink at 8AM on the weekends or 2 on a Tuesday.
Panama Red
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dan_the_Enchanter said:

MAS444 said:

Obviously that's a bad area and plenty of shady stuff to go around there - but do you know he was there voluntarily?


This is a bad area compared to what?


Bad compared to where he lived.

Great compared to the child kidnapping capital of the world Katy
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
drumboy said:

I go to Ron's pretty often to watch Liverpool play when I want to drink at 8AM on the weekends or 2 on a Tuesday.
I have a soft spot in my heart for places like that where one can drink away a weekday afternoon with zero judgment.
AgCPA95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TarponChaser said:

AgCPA95 said:

drumboy said:

Dan_the_Enchanter said:

MAS444 said:

Obviously that's a bad area and plenty of shady stuff to go around there - but do you know he was there voluntarily?


This is a bad area compared to what?
Westheimer & Chimney Rock

Dunvale isn't the best street, but I always crack up at the snowflakes on here thinking anything ITGP is a bad area. Yall scared to go into Club Dream right next to Dunvale.
Is the Hideaway still open? That is more my speed.

Anybody else ever frequent the Beverly Pub? What about Nick's Place or Ron's Pub? Those were favorites. And there used to be a great little neighborhood dive by the teeteries off Winrock & Westheimer but I can't remember the name. It appears to be no more and is now a place called "Latin Angel."
Knuckleheads.
drumboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TarponChaser said:

drumboy said:

I go to Ron's pretty often to watch Liverpool play when I want to drink at 8AM on the weekends or 2 on a Tuesday.
I have a soft spot in my heart for places like that where one can drink away a weekday afternoon with zero judgment.
Judgement only if you're drinking slow and not smoking on the patio. I went to the Lagoon recently and it was like old time. Bartender even told me to take my mask off cause they don't wear that shlt in there.
Boo Weekley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
et98 said:

While the apartment complexes themselves are probably below the standards of white collar workers like most of us, the area in general is nowhere near the roughest part of town.

Seeing as how he was found in the back of a vehicle, I'd say the odds of him being killed elsewhere and then his body being driven and left there is better than 50/50.
That general area is actually pretty damn bad for a stretch along Richmond just down the street from there. There is a section in between Richmond and Westpark over there that is nothing but slummy apartments and is dominated by crime and gang activity. Lots of MS-13 and used to be SWC (are they even around anymore?).

Disclaimer, this is based on my experiences and observations while I was seeing a latina who lived over there about a decade ago. Maybe it has improved significantly since then?
Marvin_Zindler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boo Weekley said:

et98 said:

While the apartment complexes themselves are probably below the standards of white collar workers like most of us, the area in general is nowhere near the roughest part of town.

Seeing as how he was found in the back of a vehicle, I'd say the odds of him being killed elsewhere and then his body being driven and left there is better than 50/50.
That general area is actually pretty damn bad for a stretch along Richmond just down the street from there. There is a section in between Richmond and Westpark over there that is nothing but slummy apartments and is dominated by crime and gang activity. Lots of MS-13 and used to be SWC (are they even around anymore?).

Disclaimer, this is based on my experiences and observations while I was seeing a latina who lived over there about a decade ago. Maybe it has improved significantly since then?
You dated JRey?
bigfooticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I Know him and his family. I Was there when he and his wife met the first time in Austin at Whiskey Bar 20 years ago. Good friends with his wife going back 30 years to high school here in NW Houston.

He served in the military, then went to Texas for a few years. He left there and went on to A&M like OP mentioned.

He and I worked at several companies together. I got him hired at 1 job, he got me hired at another job. He was at Technip then at EMAS and went on to the financial industry.

As of today, details not disclosed yet but it is a terrible situation to say the least. I am shocked as are many close to him upon hearing about this tragedy.
Onceaggie2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The area around ruchis and the nudies is no where near that bad as other areas though I was almost jumped by two guys in the target parking lot over there .
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgCPA95 said:

TarponChaser said:

AgCPA95 said:

drumboy said:

Dan_the_Enchanter said:

MAS444 said:

Obviously that's a bad area and plenty of shady stuff to go around there - but do you know he was there voluntarily?


This is a bad area compared to what?
Westheimer & Chimney Rock

Dunvale isn't the best street, but I always crack up at the snowflakes on here thinking anything ITGP is a bad area. Yall scared to go into Club Dream right next to Dunvale.
Is the Hideaway still open? That is more my speed.

Anybody else ever frequent the Beverly Pub? What about Nick's Place or Ron's Pub? Those were favorites. And there used to be a great little neighborhood dive by the teeteries off Winrock & Westheimer but I can't remember the name. It appears to be no more and is now a place called "Latin Angel."
Knuckleheads.

It was Fumducks before that.
AgCPA95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

AgCPA95 said:

TarponChaser said:

AgCPA95 said:

drumboy said:

Dan_the_Enchanter said:

MAS444 said:

Obviously that's a bad area and plenty of shady stuff to go around there - but do you know he was there voluntarily?


This is a bad area compared to what?
Westheimer & Chimney Rock

Dunvale isn't the best street, but I always crack up at the snowflakes on here thinking anything ITGP is a bad area. Yall scared to go into Club Dream right next to Dunvale.
Is the Hideaway still open? That is more my speed.

Anybody else ever frequent the Beverly Pub? What about Nick's Place or Ron's Pub? Those were favorites. And there used to be a great little neighborhood dive by the teeteries off Winrock & Westheimer but I can't remember the name. It appears to be no more and is now a place called "Latin Angel."
Knuckleheads.

It was Fumducks before that.

A name I haven't heard in a long time......

I remember watching the back feed of a non-televised Aggie Football road game there that they pulled in on the old school satellite dish.
camelclub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
those apartments don't look all that shady from the outside. not fancy but they dont seem scary either
aggiemike02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
any update on this?
bigfooticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kind of, but not public yet

He was with 2 friends at Heights Biergarten that Friday night, they split ways and he went solo to 2-3 other bars while texting/ calling his wife throughout the evening.
It gets murky after midnight and that is what HPD is putting together still

He is buried at Houston National off Veterans and BW8 after serving in the Army after HS in Clear Lake
aggiemike02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chewy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The widow is the sister of a guy I know. Haven't talked to him years as we hung out after I graduated A&M.

I just know because he posted about it after he got out of his latest FB jail sentence which is a pretty regular occurrence for him. His meme game is pretty good but FB sees otherwise from time to time.

Hope they figure out what happened as it seems like a strange occurrence.
Nagler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lived in some apartments very close to there after I graduated. Really makes you think.
bigfooticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Happy to report some good news on this case, the family has been notified that the main suspect has been caught as of yesterday
strohag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any more info out? Was he held up/car jacked? Drug deal gone wrong?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bigfooticus said:

Happy to report some good news on this case, the family has been notified that the main suspect has been caught as of yesterday


Hopefully that will help his family and friends have some closure.
Onceaggie2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bigfooticus said:

Happy to report some good news on this case, the family has been notified that the main suspect has been caught as of yesterday
someone who frequents Prospect Park?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.