Houston
Sponsored by

Honeymoon Suite

3,567 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Build It
Ronald_Ragin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting married in October, and looking for a place within an hours drive of IAH the day after the wedding. Looking for more privacy than hotels. TIA.
digging tunnels
AG
Go to downtown

Hotel Icon
Magnolia Hotel
Marriott Marquis
12th Man Ag
AG
www.dosbrisas.com

Maybe a little over an hour, but awesome!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
ZaZa is a good option. Tell them you just got married.

Also...the St. Regis does not disappoint on service.

Good luck with the sex.
Always_Right
AG
Oh look at me, Im going to have sex in October.
Irish 2.0
Great_I_Am said:

Oh look at me, Im never going to have sex again after October.

FIFY
AndesAg92
AG
digging tunnels said:

Go to downtown

Hotel Icon
Magnolia Hotel
Marriott Marquis

Do not do the Marriott Marquis. Did a stay cation there a month or so ago. It was AWFUL. The crowd in the pool (open to the public for a fee) is worst than an amusement park and disgusting. Room service is extremely limited. Will not be spending money there ever again.

I would do the Houstonian or post oak hotel
vansprinkle
AG
You could give the Woodlands Resort a look, as it may fit what you're looking for. The Houstonian is nice, if you're wanting to do something that's also kind of resort/spa like.

And of course others have mentioned great options in the downtown area already. Maybe you can get a hotel in downtown and catch some Astros playoff baseball?
Jack Klompus
AG
Book at Zaza. They upgraded us when we stayed there on our wedding night.
Bassmaster
AG
It is awesome, but closed due to the pandemic. Kind of ridiculous especially at this point. I've never been within 6 feet of anyone there outside of a waiter. Just close the restaurant and keep everything else open. Have to wonder if there is more to it at this point.
DiskoTroop
Book a cabin at Houston Oaks Country Club
AgToadie
Good idea doing yourself a favor by spending a full day at the hotel prior to traveling on to your honeymoon destination.

We had an evening wedding and lunchtime flight the next day. Made for a short night and we were whipped by the time we arrived at our destination.

I agree that the Houstonian and Woodlands Resort are both choices that feel a little less 'hotel' than some of the others listed. If you go Woodlands stay away from the walkout pool rooms as that will be kiddo central on nice weekends.

I can't tell for sure from their website if the rooms are for members only, but Houston Oaks club out in Hockley would be another option.
12th Man Ag
AG
Bassmaster said:

It is awesome, but closed due to the pandemic. Kind of ridiculous especially at this point. I've never been within 6 feet of anyone there outside of a waiter. Just close the restaurant and keep everything else open. Have to wonder if there is more to it at this point.

Just went to their site and noticed that. Website says they will re-open when the vaccine rolls out, but you can't book anything until 1/1/2022. Crazy that they wouldn't want to get going again, but maybe there is more to it, like you mentioned.

Oh well, it is (was) an amazing place and NOT a hotel like every other recommendation.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Margaritaville! Let the smooth stylings of Jimmy Buffet help guide you through the consumation.
Caliber
AG
Ronald_Ragin said:

Getting married in October, and looking for a place within an hours drive of IAH the day after the wedding. Looking for more privacy than hotels. TIA.
Marrying a screamer eh?

Downtown I'm a fan of Hotel Icon.

If you want privacy, do an Airbnb in whatever part of town or out of town that you want.
V8Aggie
AG
We stayed at the St Regis our wedding night then flew to Australia/New Zealand the next day.

Definitely did not disappoint and all the booze I had helped me last more than the usual 1 minute 23 1/2 seconds.
Farmer1906
AG
We did the presidential suite at the Four Seasons for 2 nights before we left for St Lucia. It's a lot of room.
Ag_07
AG
ZaZa and ask for Room 322
htxag09
AG
Ag_07 said:

Ducks4brkfast
AG
12th Man Ag said:

www.dosbrisas.com

Maybe a little over an hour, but awesome!
If they would ever open back up
Caliber
AG
Ag_07 said:

He specifically asked for privacy... not an exhibitionists' room.
randy828
AG
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
FarmerJohn
AG
We did a staycation at the Houstonian and I would highly recommend for a single day that feels away. There's a spa, athletic activites, and good restaurant on site. But all the trees and bayou around there really makes it feel apart from the city or a major hotel. There's a reason it was the Bush's legal residence while they were in Washington. (And why it hosted the G7 conference.)
BusterAg
AG
https://www.vrbo.com/search/keywords:conroe-texas-united-states-of-america/filter:12/filter:24/filter:64/filter:69/filter:74/filter:75/filter:83/@29.745856647145228,-96.06356060449218,30.49420196597011,-94.6586838955078,10z/minNightlyPrice/0?filterByTotalPrice=false&petIncluded=false&ssr=true&adultsCount=2

You could stay at a VRBO house or cabin all your own with a pool and hot tub, and just order some nice food in.

You could probably get a place on lake Conroe, about an hour from IAH.

No hotel amenities, but not sure if that is something you are looking for.
Ronald_Ragin
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Margaritaville! Let the smooth stylings of Jimmy Buffet help guide you through the consumation.
I live in Conroe, great place to golf! Looking for something "closer" to IAH. Will probaby have a flight out of IAH the next day..
aTm2004
AG
Great_I_Am said:

Oh look at me, Im going to have sex in October.

My 10 year is next month...I hope it still works after being garaged for so long.
Texaggie7nine
Woodlands isn't too far from IAH. The Woodlands Resort and Hyatt Centric Woodlands would be nice stays. Otherwise if you are looking for something closer, you have Airbnbs like mentioned before and a couple hotels near Greenspoint like Hilton North and Marriott.
7nine
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Club level suite at the Post Oak. Pricey but super private and includes booze.
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Great_I_Am said:

Oh look at me, Im never going to have sex again after October.

FIFY

Pouring one out for OP's junk
AG
V8Aggie said:

We stayed at the St Regis our wedding night then flew to Australia/New Zealand the next day.

Definitely did not disappoint and all the booze I had helped me last more than the usual 1 minute 23 1/2 seconds.

Now you're just bragging
Spurswin5
Marvin_Zindler said:

ZaZa is a good option. Tell them you just got married.

Also...the St. Regis does not disappoint on service.

Good luck with the sex.

Ask for the dungeon/BDSM room at ZaZa if that's your thing.
Mustang1
AG
ZAZA
AgRebel08
AG
Post oak is the correct response
Build It
AG
The Grandduca, ask for the BBVA rate. It's at least half off. Been using their rate there for over 7 years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.