Houston
Sponsored by

New bermuda sod

1,080 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Seabreeze
LeftyAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just moved into a new house in Spring and for some UNKNOWN reason, the developer chose to go with bermuda for the subdivision. I have no idea what works with bermuda.

For newly sodded bermuda, should I fertilize soon? The grass has been down about 10 days or so and has some brown patches here and there, but otherwise looks healthy.

What kind of fertilizer, if any, would you recommend?

Thanks and Gig 'em!
Martin Q. Blank
water
lb3
AG
Cut it short and frequently.
ChemAg15
AG
My experience with Bermuda. It works well in direct sunlight. It struggles in shady areas and around trees. Water a couple times a week and fertilize every 4 weeks or so. Cut it short early in the season. Cut it longer as the temperature gets hotter. Used to alternate bagging and mulching the yard to give the seeds a chance to spread.
Seabreeze
Good luck having a mud pit in the winter. Down here it typically goes dormant. Turns brown and with dogs, get ready to clean.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Kind of a derail, sorry, but does anyone know the best fertilizer to put on Bermuda? Coworker just bought a home with Bermuda and no trees and wants a fert, I didn't know what to say I've always had St aug.
Seabreeze
6-12-12 for on the coast. 10-10-10 north inland say Dallas area. That from the Galveston County Ag department talking to those guys.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.