Houston
Sponsored by

City of Houston building permits

2,180 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by atmtws
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone here have significant experience with City of Houston billing permits? Let me know if you do.
Jack Klompus
AG
paging Ryan the Temp
Kenneth_2003
AG
Jack Klompus said:

paging Ryan the Temp

Been off Texags for several years now
COSciAG
It's taking a long time to get anything through the City now. About 2 weeks ago the wait time just for electrical review was 22-23 days.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Any chance we can connect so I can pick your brain about some things?
txags92
AG
I don't have any direct experience, but my understanding is that it is very nearly as efficient as the worst bureaucratic nightmare you would expect to find in a former Soviet republic...but slower.
COSciAG
absoutely, email is COSciAG8 at gmail
BusinessAg
Brutal, going on a month now
SockDePot

Always painful.

The current level is unprecedentedly painful...
BrazosDog02
AG
I have to pull a fair bit of permits for Re roofs. The CoH process has always been fascinating to me. I can't do it electronically unless I want to wait for 3-6 weeks. If I want it now, I have to drive downtown and take a numbers. Lol.

At least in San Antonio they understand the money grab situation and will happily take your money and issue a permit electronically and very quickly.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
email sent. You can take that down now if you want.
evestor1
COH Permit office is possibly the largest mystery in the state of texas. there is no rational thought coming out of that place!

Your best bet is to pay an expediter and hope that your flaws are corrected before the plans move departments. My expediter is a jenifer pool. she is the best by far that i have used. her plan runner is the giant women that walks around all day with the egg crate of plans.
SockDePot
evestor1 said:

COH Permit office is possibly the largest mystery in the state of texas. there is no rational thought coming out of that place!

Your best bet is to pay an expediter and hope that your flaws are corrected before the plans move departments. My expediter is a jenifer pool. she is the best by far that i have used. her plan runner is the giant women that walks around all day with the egg crate of plans.

Agreed permit expediter is best bet. Worth every penny
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Do you have Jennifer's contact info?
evestor1
JRP Company

832-594-8420

Just a heads up - I am pretty sure Jenifer is a man. Throws some off at first so i always disclaim it.

I have also used Houston Plans and Permits before. no where near as good as jenifer.
EastTexAg14
AG
Allegedly the COH Electrical had a large group of plan reviewers walk out a few weeks back. They have been 2-4 weeks on plan revisions for just that department. Full drawings submissions are running 6-10 weeks.

If you need an expeditor check Brent Jones with The Permit Guy. He is an Aggie and will tell you the truth.

atmtws
AG
The SO works for the COH (unfortunately not in a position where he can do anything). He said to call your district council member and complain, incessantly. They know permitting is a joke and until enough people complain and make it abundantly clear how terrible it is, nothing will get done. Today is council. Call in.

https://www.houstontx.gov/council/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.