Opinions on Montgomery and Ben****er Subdivision?

5,374 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by Project Mayhem
cajunaggie08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UncleNateFitch said:

Flashdiaz said:

quit playing the victim, if you didn't want people defending their home area, leave out unnecessary parts and just ask for opinions on where you want to move to, then again, you wouldn't have had as many replies.



"We want the hell out of Katy, and are looking at the area."






I expressed my personal opinion about Katy, and relayed what I heard from a local detective. Maybe people should stop acting like I offended their honor for not liking Katy.


You're free to have your own opinion. Just don't play the victim card when you imply the place where many people choose to live is **** and you get push back for that. You could have easily asked for advice on the area in Montgomery without needing to bring up that you don't like where you live now.
UncleNateFitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cajunaggie08 said:

UncleNateFitch said:

Flashdiaz said:

quit playing the victim, if you didn't want people defending their home area, leave out unnecessary parts and just ask for opinions on where you want to move to, then again, you wouldn't have had as many replies.



"We want the hell out of Katy, and are looking at the area."






I expressed my personal opinion about Katy, and relayed what I heard from a local detective. Maybe people should stop acting like I offended their honor for not liking Katy.


You're free to have your own opinion. Just don't play the victim card when you imply the place where many people choose to live is **** and you get push back for that. You could have easily asked for advice on the area in Montgomery without needing to bring up that you don't like where you live now.


I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'm just asking for opinions, it's not my fault Katy is a crap hole.
one MEEN Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UncleNateFitch said:

cajunaggie08 said:

UncleNateFitch said:

Flashdiaz said:

quit playing the victim, if you didn't want people defending their home area, leave out unnecessary parts and just ask for opinions on where you want to move to, then again, you wouldn't have had as many replies.



"We want the hell out of Katy, and are looking at the area."






I expressed my personal opinion about Katy, and relayed what I heard from a local detective. Maybe people should stop acting like I offended their honor for not liking Katy.


You're free to have your own opinion. Just don't play the victim card when you imply the place where many people choose to live is **** and you get push back for that. You could have easily asked for advice on the area in Montgomery without needing to bring up that you don't like where you live now.


I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'm just asking for opinions, it's not my fault Katy is a crap hole.
You seem dense. The poster's here, while defending katy, have taken your points head on and you've just buried your head in the sand.

You spurn an area that is safe, with great schools, and biking trails under the guise of a private eye mentioning a kidnapping (where the perp got caught) and more 'undesirables' popping up in apartments. And then you state you want to move to montgomery county that has worse performing schools, more crime, and the nice part of it has the same bmw driving teenagers you sneer at in katy.

Even more so, you can't put two and two together that the problems that 'plague' katy are fundamentally the same in the woodlands and across this country. They are both enclaves of a very large city, they are not quiet little towns anymore. Good, high paying corporate jobs that feed the area are going to revolve around doctors and engineers. Two professions that A) have a high minority participation rate. And B) apartments are going to spring up that will be filled with minorities as well. Your not escaping your demographic laments anytime soon.

Dude if you just want 10 acres and a place to know that your confederate flag can safely fly for the next twenty years, you're going to have to move a little farther out up and east. I've heard 'great' things about Beaumont. Be sure to shop at the 'right' HEB though.
UncleNateFitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wasn't making points that needed their opinion. I'm sorry my saying I want to leave Katy affected you so personally.

Hey, anyone want to talk about Montgomery?
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No. GFY
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow you made a lot of folks angry.

I'll talk about Montgomery
UncleNateFitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OnlyForNow said:

Wow you made a lot of folks angry.

I'll talk about Montgomery


I'm in a weird position that I can sell my house now for a great price in this market, but buying right now would be awful (as opposed to later in year).

Do you see the high prices in Montgomery (in the nice spots like woodforest, or other) stable, continuing up, or a bubble popping in the near term?

(I don't blame them for being angry. I mean come on, they live in Katy)
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know anything about the Montgomery market.

If you want to talk to a realtor friend of mine who I grew up with and she still lives and works in the area let me know. I'll send you get contact information.
Biz Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bent water has as much in common with Conroe as Pasadena does with the Memorial Villages.
Lester Freamon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From what I've seen, inventory is fairly low on the MISD side of Woodforest (especially below 500k), but there are houses to be had in the 140-150/sq ft range if you are checking market often. Another good value is April Sound. Haven't looked at prices there lately but BIL bought a 2 story ~2200 sf on the golf course for like 240k there three years ago. Cheap club membership if you want to golf and lake access plus right off 105 and zoned to Montgomery High.
AgFlyGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lester Freamon said:

TXTransplant said:

I know a few people who have moved out of The Woodlands and to Montgomery, but not necessarily because the schools are better, but because they are smaller. If you've got kids that want to participate in varsity sports, they have a better chance of being able to do so in Montgomery vs the two Woodlands high schools.

I also know a few people who moved up to the Montgomery/Lake Conroe area from The Woodlands and have since moved back because they were spending so much time commuting back and forth. Everything they wanted to do (or that their kids wanted to do) was in The Woodlands.

As far as outdoor activities, with the exception of actually being on Lake Conroe for boating and fishing, I find it easier to walk/run/hike/bike ride in a master planned community because there are specific trails designated for that.

Personally, I feel like the Conroe/Montgomery area is growing like unincorporated Harris County - meaning everyone is doing their own thing and their is no cohesion. It's a lot of self-contained small developments and strip malls. Traffic sucks.

With that said, if I wasn't so established with my life in The Woodlands, I would consider Woodforest. It's really grown into a beautiful development over the last 8 years. You're not going to get acreage there, though. But you can get a nice house (same builders as in The Woodlands) on a bigger lot for significantly less money (assuming you buy a gently used resale - new construction prices there are just as crazy high as anywhere else).


+1 for Woodforest.
Put me down for a -1 then to balance the scales. HOA sucks, Johnson Development sucks, taxes suck
PeekingDuck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UncleNateFitch said:

Anyone have any input that lives in Montgomery area and not Cinco/seven lakes fanbois? Or is it all just the Katy brigade here to circle wagons because they've been insulted?


We lived in Katy area for a while and moved to the Woodlands after. The Woodlands and surrounding area, certainly north side, is a much nicer area. It isn't close. Not sure what these delusional folks are after. The one downside is the food compared to Katy. Yes, the growth will catch you but you'll buy some time moving to Montgomery County. We don't live in either anymore because we really did try to get out of the mess, but I would take the Woodlands over Katy every time. I've lived in every major city in Texas and it is easily the best place to raise a family.
SquanchyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PeekingDuck said:

UncleNateFitch said:

Anyone have any input that lives in Montgomery area and not Cinco/seven lakes fanbois? Or is it all just the Katy brigade here to circle wagons because they've been insulted?


We lived in Katy area for a while and moved to the Woodlands after. The Woodlands and surrounding area, certainly north side, is a much nicer area. It isn't close. Not sure what these delusional folks are after. The one downside is the food compared to Katy. Yes, the growth will catch you but you'll buy some time moving to Montgomery County. We don't live in either anymore because we really did try to get out of the mess, but I would take the Woodlands over Katy every time. I've lived in every major city in Texas and it is easily the best place to raise a family.
woodlands over katy any day of the week. not even close.
RingOfive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lester Freamon said:

From what I've seen, inventory is fairly low on the MISD side of Woodforest (especially below 500k), but there are houses to be had in the 140-150/sq ft range if you are checking market often. Another good value is April Sound. Haven't looked at prices there lately but BIL bought a 2 story ~2200 sf on the golf course for like 240k there three years ago. Cheap club membership if you want to golf and lake access plus right off 105 and zoned to Montgomery High.

Lake Creek High now.
Lester Freamon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh my bad, didn't realize that.
Bob Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I opted for Old Katy almost 10 years ago, and we're happy with our choice.

Good parks, excellent police presence and fire response times, nice folks who generally share our values.

As long as you're good with south of I10 people's perception of Old Katy as a giant trailer park, it's a really good option to raise a family in my experience.
UncleNateFitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know expansion plan for 2854? Some nice lots up near Keenan cutoff, but fairly close to 2854 so want to make sure it won't be a freeway.
AgFlyGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As far as I'm aware, the only planned expansion was between 45 and 336 which is complete. It wouldn't surprise me that it is eventually done but I'd expect it to be between 336 and McCaleb/Fishcreek first.

Edit: they did just complete the overpass at Keenan Cut off which I believe was designed to assist in the school traffic to Keenan Elem/Oak Hills Jr. High
JoeAggie5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OP,

I don't live there, but travel up there once a week. To me and from what I see going up 2978 is better than staying along 1488. You get some of Magnolia and Montgomery that way.

2978 under construction south of 1488 making traffic awful, I don't know when that will end.

I haven't driven through it (gated), but Grand Lake Estates off Honea Egypt Rd looks pretty nice.

UncleNateFitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JoeAggie5 said:

OP,

I don't live there, but travel up there once a week. To me and from what I see going up 2978 is better than staying along 1488. You get some of Magnolia and Montgomery that way.

2978 under construction south of 1488 making traffic awful, I don't know when that will end.

I haven't driven through it (gated), but Grand Lake Estates off Honea Egypt Rd looks pretty nice.




Yeah, I'm looking there now actually. Thanks
Project Mayhem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a weekend house in Ben****er. The subdivision has an older vibe but I like it there...peaceful and quiet. Been lots of new construction in there lately...I think a lot of people are moving further and further outside of Houston especially with lots more people working from home.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.