Houston
Sponsored by

D Watson allegations

38,244 Views | 304 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AMW2010
Ramrod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bangs, tattoos, and a nose ring? Watson probably thought he had this one in the bag and that she'd be in to some freaky stuff.
sts7049
AG
redag06 said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

What are yalls thoughts now that we have an actual face to the allegations?
Makes him even creepier that he doesn't he even do this to attractive women.
i dunno, from what i see on facebook she's far more attractive than some of our resident tine traffic women on that thread.
cypress-ag
AG
Any chance that this string of lawsuits is two fold for Buzby? He lives in River Oaks same as Hee Haw McNair and maybe they have a running beef about something. Old Buzby make him some money off the alllegations, ruins McNairs best asset and set the Texans further back forcing him to sell.....
Texan_Aggie
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Kinda wishing Texans would have traded him and got something for him.
Yes, but news of this broke on 3/16 and trades don't become effective until 4 EST on 3/17. Even if a framework had been agreed upon, I'm guessing another GM who is giving up their future would put the trade on hold

He would not have been traded.
bigjag19
AG
cypress-ag said:

Any chance that this string of lawsuits is two fold for Buzby? He lives in River Oaks same as Hee Haw McNair and maybe they have a running beef about something. Old Buzby make him some money off the alllegations, ruins McNairs best asset and set the Texans further back forcing him to sell.....

I predicted the power play to become owner when this broke.
Irish 2.0
bigjag19 said:

cypress-ag said:

Buzbee doesn't have the coin to buy the Texans (alone) and not sure he'd even pass the buyers test given his history and larger than life persona
Scientific
AG
Buzbee & Rusty. Has this never happened before? I can't think of a case.
BMX Bandit
bigjag19 said:

cypress-ag said:

As well off and successful as Buzbee is, he's not "NFL owner rich"
BMX Bandit

I don't think Watson is first person to have his junk on her hands

I don't doubt the veracity of her story on what happened, but not buying the trauma she claims to have suffered.
adamsbq06
AG
My FIL is a retired Houston Area attorney and had a pretty successful career, he tried a few cases against Buzby a while back. He doesn't have many nice things to say about Buzby but he doesn't consider Buzby to be a liar. So he thinks there is merit in these allegations, Buzby wouldn't be taking the case if these were meritless claims.
AndesAg92
AG
How do you all see it playing out from here?
Post removed:
by user
TarponChaser
BMX Bandit said:

bigjag19 said:

cypress-ag said:

As well off and successful as Buzbee is, he's not "NFL owner rich"

Not really relevant but I thought Buzbee was thought to have a net worth in the billion dollar range. If so, that definitely puts him in "NFL owner rich" territory. Bob McNair was put in the $3.8B range at the time he died.
MAS444
AG
Quote:

I thought Buzbee was thought to have a net worth in the billion dollar range
Where'd you hear that? I have no first hand knowledge but that would surprise me. Big difference between $100M+/- , which is a **** ton, and a billion.

BMX Bandit
What do you think an NFL team goes for these days? Say he's worth $1b. Janice is worth 4 times that.

And I should have said "he didn't have the money to buy an nfl team"
Texan_Aggie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

What do you think an NFL team goes for these days? Say he's worth $1b. Janice is worth 4 times that.

And I should have said "he didn't have the money to buy an nfl team"
Depends on whether they want to sell or are forced to sell. Last team to sell was Carolina at $2.3B, so i'd guess the Texans worth at least $3-4B.
Chewy
AG
There are only ~2,700 Billionaires in the world. That's a tough level to get to.

Id be curious how his divorce and subsequent marriage to a Galveston Moody swings his balance sheet.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kerryadolan/2021/04/06/forbes-35th-annual-worlds-billionaires-list-facts-and-figures-2021/

Diggity
AG
The Moody's are all crazy, but I'm sure any money she stands to gain from the family fortunes is well protected.
Chewy
AG
Yeah. I don't think the Moody money will swing to Buzz but he's marrying a girl who's family has more money than him. She can afford her own stuff so she's not a drain.
Goose
AG
AdamsBQ06 said:

My FIL is a retired Houston Area attorney and had a pretty successful career, he tried a few cases against Buzby a while back. He doesn't have many nice things to say about Buzby but he doesn't consider Buzby to be a liar. So he thinks there is merit in these allegations, Buzby wouldn't be taking the case if these were meritless claims.
Let's not pretend for one second that Tony Buzbee isn't in the business of scoring fat settlements and/or civil judgments against those with the means to pay, merited or meritless.
Irish 2.0
Goose said:

AdamsBQ06 said:

Let's not pretend for one second that Tony Buzbee isn't in the business of scoring fat settlements and/or civil judgments against those with the means to pay, merited or meritless.

I don't know all of Buzbee's litigation history, but I can't think of any meritless claims he's rolled out off the top of my head. Care to add some context there?
MAS444
AG
Out of the hundreds, if not probably thousands, of lawsuits his firm files every year, what percentage would you say you're familiar with? Just trying to get some context here.

Buzbee is a very good lawyer and an even better marketer - but sometimes lawsuits are way more about damages and insurance/assets than liability facts.
Irish 2.0
Goose said Buzbee. Not his firm as a whole. I'm wondering what lawsuits Buzbee himself has been attached to that Goode viewed as meritless.

Goose was even responding to someone that has a take on Buzbee from another lawyer attesting to his cases. I'm just wondering what cases seem meritless.
MAS444
AG
It's his firm - the firm's lawsuits are all his lawsuits.
schmellba99
AG
MAS444 said:

Quote:

I thought Buzbee was thought to have a net worth in the billion dollar range
Where'd you hear that? I have no first hand knowledge but that would surprise me. Big difference between $100M+/- , which is a **** ton, and a billion.

I've seen numbers ranging from $2MM (ha!, no) up to $700MM net worth.

The dude owns his own private jet, and you are hella rich before you can really afford one of those things. Also rumored to own a buttload of real estate in Houston and Texas.
Irish 2.0
MAS444 said:

It's his firm - the firm's lawsuits are all his lawsuits.

So you honestly think the principle of a firm is micromanaging his lawyers like that? I'm asking about cases Buzbee himself had brought.
BMX Bandit
I don't think he saying that, MAS likely knows, and I can confirm buzbee does not micromanage all his cases.

But I also don't see How do you can distinguish him personally from his firm. They're all his cases.

And if he has no meritless cases, he's the first lawyer in history that can say that.
Irish 2.0
BMX Bandit said:

I don't think he saying that, MAS likely knows, and I can confirm buzbee does not micromanage all his cases.

But I also don't see How do you can distinguish him personally from his firm. They're all his cases.

I'm talking about Tony as the attorney of record. Not ambulance chaser cases coming from his associates.
Goose
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Goose said:

AdamsBQ06 said:

I don't know all of Buzbee's litigation history, but I can't think of any meritless claims he's rolled out off the top of my head. Care to add some context there?
Yeah the context is that he's a personal injury attorney.
Irish 2.0
Goose said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Goose said:

AdamsBQ06 said:

Yeah the context is that he's a personal injury attorney.

So all personal injury attorneys bring on meritless cases? Is that what you're saying? You don't have any cases to cite. Just because he's a personal injury attorney. Got it. Your claim is meritless
DustysLineup
AG
Are you friends with him? This seems kind of personal.
MAS444
AG
Quote:

So you honestly think the principle of a firm is micromanaging his lawyers like that?
I think it depends on the firm. Kirkland & Ellis has 2500+ lawyers and hundreds of partners/principles. Some "firms" only have 1 or 2 lawyers total...

Buzbee's firm has 14 lawyers total. I'm pretty sure that he's the only "principle" or equity partner.

Quote:

I'm asking about cases Buzbee himself had brought.
I'm not sure of your definition of "had brought"...but a quick search shows that his firm has filed around 80 lawsuits in Harris County District Court alone so far this year. I'm pretty sure sure he's the lead attorney "in charge" on every one. Of course he delegates much of the work to his underling lawyers - but they're all his cases.

The idea that you can judge the merit of his lawsuits from the ones you hear about in the news is silly.
Panama Red
AG
Is suing ERCOT for a death of a person that had Entergy, and thus not on the ERCOT grid, considered meritless?

And while Buzbee is hella-rich, you'd be surprised how many people with private jets are not.
Irish 2.0
Harry Lime said:

Are you friends with him? This seems kind of personal.

No. Met him a few times. But don't know him. But if someone wants to make claims against the guy, especially one that's generosity dwarfs anyone's on this site, I'd like to know why the claims are made. As of now Goose's claim is simply because he's a personal injury attorney. Whereas another poster's FIL says otherwise that's actually gone against the guy.
Panama Red
AG
Is anyone really "making claims against" him?

Let's not pretend for one second that EVERY PI ATTORNEY isn't in the business of scoring fat settlements and/or civil judgments against those with the means to pay, merited or meritless

I didn't see it as an insult. Maybe it was meant to be though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.