Houston
Sponsored by

HCAD 2021

29,419 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BSME83
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Diggity said:

highly deed restricted? that's impressive
the point wasn't to be impressive it was to communicate a lack in variable from property to property.
Diggity
AG
I don't think deed restrictions are going to control the level of finishes folks have in their homes.

On the surface, it sounds like you have a great protest argument, but I don't think your deed restrictions have **** all to do with it.
MAS444
AG
You really think the appraisals are turning on levels of finishes in homes? I get that they do in theory - but the appraisers aren't going inside. I know I'll be corrected if I'm wrong - but I didn't think the appraisers/CADs had much info. on level of finishes inside - especially vis a vis other homes in the area. Except in the event of a recent sale and that's incorporated into purchase price anyway.
Diggity
AG
older homes, probably not, but he said the neighborhood was 18 months old so HCAD usually has a pretty good idea what they sold for.
Ragoo
AG
Thinking about this some more - all things equal my house is smaller but has similar finishes so the $/foot is higher because they are concentrated over a smaller area.
Diggity
AG
yeah, that's pretty typical. The parts of the home that are most expensive to build are similar no matter the size.

Lots of times, builders will add extra secondary rooms/game rooms/theater rooms/etc, which are much cheaper per/sqft to build.
LostInLA07
AG
Is there any consensus on the best companies to protest property taxes for you?
Mr. McGibblets
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Yup- mine
jh0400
AG
PM me a link to your website or your email. I need to protest my value and am not interested in trying to figure it out myself.
12th Man Ag
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

LostInLA07 said:

Yup- mine

Link?
Mr. McGibblets
AG
www.hataxgroup.com
ktownag08
AG
8% increase in Montgomery County. Protesting as always.
agnatgas
AG
Up 20% in 77079
MAS444
AG
HCAD has our new construction cost at over $290/foot. We did not spend anything near that.
Post removed:
by user
MAS444
AG
Sure...I'm going to give them our "actual" build cost....
Post removed:
by user
MAS444
AG
I hear you and don't disagree.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Brother just called. He bought a foreclosed shell in 2019 and finished it out last year. Up 62%. He's in MoCo.
Mr.Bond
AG
Just got mine from Galveston.....up 45 percent since 2016. How my 2000 Sq ft house is valued at 311k is ****in laughable
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

www.hataxgroup.com

Can you do Galveston County?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
third coast.. said:

Just looked, mine are still unavailable, and looks like they all are. How did you get yours?

In mail

PPAag06
AG
Same, got mine in the mail today did Galveston county. Full 10% here.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
third coast.. said:

Full 10% in galveston, league city to be more specific.

Every year it pisses me off knowing that there are so many people that refuse to take the time to protest their tax increases. I hqve a feeling a ton of people will get steamrolled this year because of the market.
GCAD is truly full of criminals. I did my damnedest to get Cheryl Johnson voted out but unfortunately too many lazy people dont look past mayor or above

Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
third coast.. said:

There is early voting going on right now. I rec oditt for cccisd trustee st large.

Yes Cheryl is the worst. She was at the galvedton prop club dinner last I went and had some bs spiel about how she is trying to keep taxes low etc. Such a crock of *****
That ***** doesnt even live in Galveston Co.......Her opponent looked up her property in Friendswood and it was 50-100k cheaper than her neighbors. Shes a criminal.

Dont know who Oditt is but if you back them then i am in

Post removed:
by user
TAM85
Have any of you tried iSettle with HCAD this year? If so, how have your results been?

Thanks
AgToadie
2020 market value (after protest): X

2021 market value (before protest): X + $48,886

2021 Jubally value: X + $29,474

I proposed a value of: X + $28,000 on iProtest with no backup documentation

HCAD countered online with: X + $30,485 prior to the informal meeting

I decided to take HCAD's offer since it was only $1,000 above Jubally's assessment.

I give credit to a poster on last year's thread about the protest process. Login to the district's owner section and complete the "iFile Protest", NOT the "iSettle". As part of the protest you have the option of entering your proposed value. Enter your proposed value and watch for an email with a counteroffer from someone with the district.

Nice thing about the iFile Protest is if they don't counter by email you still have your informal meeting as an option prior to the formal meeting. iSettle serves as an online informal, so your next move on that course is the formal (and binding) hearing.
TXTransplant
I have not heard back about my iFile protest, yet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.