Houston
Sponsored by

HCAD 2021

29,565 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BSME83
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've used them the last two years. I take their packet, make my own cover sheet on it and also pretty much rebuild their summary table for my own benefit to walk myself through the math and differences between the properties. They can't really just shrug off your comps/analysis just because they want to. I've gotten about 80-90% of where I was trying to get to in both years.
A is A
AG
thanks
pnut02
AG
Just had an informal with G Cooper. Selected houses in the same neighborhood, used CAMA calculations, and he wouldn't accept because I didn't present comparable sales.
AgLA06
AG
That only makes sense if you weren't arguing unequal.
pnut02
AG
Agreed. And I mentioned that several times. gg informal
Martin Q. Blank
pnut02 said:

Just had an informal with G Cooper. Selected houses in the same neighborhood, used CAMA calculations, and he wouldn't accept because I didn't present comparable sales.
Easy answer. Tell him to look up the comparable sales HCAD used to come up with the values for your comps.
JJxvi
AG
HCAD will generally not consider equity at all in an informal
BSME83
AG
Does anyone have experience with binding arbitration to appeal the appraisal review board? They lowered my value but not nearly as much as I believe they should have.

The arbitrator will cost me $500, but a $20,000 reduction will pay for that. Even better, if the appraisal is lowered more than halfway between the disputed value then the appraisal district pays the $500.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.