Houston
Sponsored by

Crawfish

9,103 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Hendrix
Post removed:
by user
thenational
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I use to buy from Cajun Gourmet, but they started stuffing their sacks with claws to weight them down more a few years ago. I would have piles of crawfish claws in my cooler. Never again.
Duck Blind
AG
thenational said:

I use to buy from Cajun Gourmet, but they started stuffing their sacks with claws to weight them down more a few years ago. I would have piles of crawfish claws in my cooler. Never again.

Interesting. I'm getting 2 sacks from them tomorrow. I'll follow up on my findings.
thenational
AG
Good deal. Curious to know if you will have a bunch of claws. Thanks!
drumboy
AG
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
IronMan92
AG
I didn't see any abnormal amount of claws that you are referencing. I'm planning to buy more.

I've used them before and have always been happy with their service and crawfish.
Duck Blind
AG
thenational said:

Good deal. Curious to know if you will have a bunch of claws. Thanks!

Bought 70lbs yesterday. Nice size. Didn't notice a lot of claws. Very happy and will certainly buy again.
MAROON
AG
$2.95/lb at Hillman's seafood yesterday

What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
BarryProfit
Onion Creek had some big ones yesterday.
TXAG 05
AG
TBones was solid as always this past Saturday night.
Back2Back
AG
I used Cajun Gourmet last year and was EXTREMELY pleased. They just bumped their prices for this weekend to $3.75 a pound from 3.25 last week. Anyone know what HEB price is at?
Science Denier
AG
IronMan92 said:

Science Denier - I just bought the crawfish from Cajun Gourmet this last weekend and it was good. Most of the crawfish were large. I was pleasantly surprised.

Looking at their site now and it's dropped down to $3.25/lb. On the crawfish app, it shows Kroger's at $2.99/lb, but not sure how big they are.

Does Cajun Gourmet also drop off at Cinamark at I-10 and 99 in Katy? I think L&L also drops off there? Not ordered mine yet. Called L&L but are closed today.

Hmmmm
ChemAg15
AG
I bought from HEB last Saturday and it was 3.77/lb
IronMan92
AG
Cajun Gourmet delivers to the Cinemark at I-10/99. The truck gets there at 7:30am. If you are looking at the theatre, they park over on the right side. There is a "loading area" between the first and second parking lot that they park at.

I just looked at their website and price did go back up to $3.75/lb. I might go get some again at Easter.
Science Denier
AG
IronMan92 said:

Cajun Gourmet delivers to the Cinemark at I-10/99. The truck gets there at 7:30am. If you are looking at the theatre, they park over on the right side. There is a "loading area" between the first and second parking lot that they park at.

I just looked at their website and price did go back up to $3.75/lb. I might go get some again at Easter.

Thanks!! Yea, I got L&L mixed up with Cajun Gourmet.

I'm gonna order 2 sacks for pick up on Saturday. This will be my first non-HEB order. We will see how they turn out!!
Science Denier
AG
My assessment...

Got 2 bags (71 lbs) from CajunGourmet. Good sized, slightly bigger than what I usually get from HEB.

I like their setup. Goes rather quickly. They didn't sell too many, though. Looks like they dump to their main customer and then have the bags selling to us last. Was worried that being at the bottom, there would be some dead ones, but that didn't happen.

$3.75/lb is what I paid. Pricey, but it is Easter. Took longer to clean than HEB.

Overall, slightly above HEB. I will probably shop price a d get the ones that are cheaper in the future. If they are priced the same, OL going with CajunGourmet.
drumboy
AG
I havent had much Cajun style crawfish as I usually eat Asian style but I got some at Cajun Cafe in Alvin and they were some of the best I've had. Maybe it's just been too long. $8.50 a lb
Ag_07
AG
At $8.50/lb they better be good.
Science Denier
AG
Ag_07 said:

Those are cooked, I'm sure.
Premium
AG
Ag_07 said:

Went to Cajun Greek in Galveston three weekends ago and they were $12.95 per lb or 3 lbs for $35. I was already there, so bought 3 lbs, but I was shocked. I expected $10 because they are always high, but usually some of the largest in size, but not $13!
drumboy
AG
Ag_07 said:

I thought it was high but not sure what the going rate it. It's $9 at Walking Stick.
drumboy
AG
Premium said:

Ag_07 said:

Went to Cajun Greek in Galveston three weekends ago and they were $12.95 per lb or 3 lbs for $35. I was already there, so bought 3 lbs, but I was shocked. I expected $10 because they are always high, but usually some of the largest in size, but not $13!

That's why I haven't had Cajun style in so long.
TXAG 05
AG
drumboy said:

Ag_07 said:

I thought it was high but not sure what the going rate it. It's $9 at Walking Stick.

Right now, that's around what it's going for everywhere. The Creek bars have $5/lb on Tuesdays though.
Back2Back
AG
Science Denier said:

My assessment...

Got 2 bags (71 lbs) from CajunGourmet. Good sized, slightly bigger than what I usually get from HEB.

I like their setup. Goes rather quickly. They didn't sell too many, though. Looks like they dump to their main customer and then have the bags selling to us last. Was worried that being at the bottom, there would be some dead ones, but that didn't happen.

$3.75/lb is what I paid. Pricey, but it is Easter. Took longer to clean than HEB.

Overall, slightly above HEB. I will probably shop price a d get the ones that are cheaper in the future. If they are priced the same, OL going with CajunGourmet.

Just got my one bag this morning from them, had a few small light colored ones but that's it. Majority of them were big and all alive, very pleased!
pete_claw98
AG
Hans Crawfish on Telge. BYOB!! Space for the kids to play!!!
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Crawfish prices have been expensive all year but should drop after Easter
pasquale
AG
pete_claw98 said:

Hans Crawfish on Telge. BYOB!! Space for the kids to play!!!

Keep it a secret ! Definitely good stuff at Hans
rhoswen
AG
Just about every place down here has it for 5.99 or 6.99. Kickin Kajun in bacliff is our favorite & runs awesome specials. Sam's Boat is still 9.99 though.
Post removed:
by user
Flaith
AG
Preslee's has been doing a $5 per lb deal lately. I didn't eat them, but they smelled good.
thenational
AG
Live preferred (not field run) going for $2.44/lb at Boyd's this weekend.
Science Denier
AG
Doing 3 sacks today. Went to HEB at Fry and Grand Parkway. $2.77/lb. they are big for field run. Very big. Most are the size of my hand.

I've decided that HEB is better than Cajun Gourmet.
Science Denier
AG
Here is one.
TXAG 05
AG
Without knowing how big your hand is, that picture doesn't do us much good
Science Denier
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Without knowing how big your hand is, that picture doesn't do us much good
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.