Houston
Sponsored by

Pipers BBQ - Heights

5,063 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DustysLineup
Texan_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TxAger said:

Heights peeps like it, so.... run the opposite direction!

Pipers is pretty bland BBQ, but I have found "typical" Heights people aren't big on flavor.
They love them some Truth BBQ there too. Very bland.
Guess Pinkerton's and Gatlin's are "bland" too? Let the Heights envy flow through you...
wessimo
AG
The texture was unremarkable; it was just flavorless. Maybe we caught them on a bad day because some reviewers rave about how good it is. Looks like they added a hot potato salad side that I haven't tried yet.
Lupac
AG
Pinkerton's is good but Gatlin's hasn't been the same since they moved from the 19th street location.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Agree on Gatlin's. Much more of a "sterile" environment now. Still is good, but not a destination like it used to be.

drumboy
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

TxAger said:

Pipers is pretty bland BBQ, but I have found "typical" Heights people aren't big on flavor.
Guess Pinkerton's and Gatlin's are "bland" too? Let the Heights envy flow through you...
Truth would like a word as well. Wait that's not Heights.
Texan_Aggie
AG
drumboy said:

Texan_Aggie said:

TxAger said:

Truth would like a word as well. Wait that's not Heights.
It's Buffalo Heights, bro.
DustysLineup
AG
I think you have to be pretty old without much going on in your mind for that to be exciting.

And unable to go back to sleep after waking up early and telling everyone about it.
chimpanzee
Harry Lime said:

I think you have to be pretty old without much going on in your mind for that to be exciting.

Fair enough, I've had enough of exciting stuff and found it to be a pain in the ass. I just want breakfast tacos and coffee and everyone to leave me alone on Saturday mornings. .
David_Puddy
AG
Brandon Piper knows how to make some damn good food between there and Preslee's
Panama Red
AG
Haven't been, but Preslees is good place.

If its "as bland as Truth," then it should be successful. Can't all be as spicy as Luther's.
DustysLineup
AG

Quote:

Haven't been, but Preslees is good place.
I've been wanting to check that place out for a long time, but for some reason I always completely forget about it when I have time to stop.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.