Houston
Sponsored by

Pipers BBQ - Heights

5,097 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jugstore Cowboy
Chewy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a new BBQ place on Shepherd across from the HEB. Hit it today for lunch and it's solid. Got the brisket and sausage along with a couple of sides. I'm a Roegels fanboy so matching their brisket is tough. It wasn't quite that good but it's solid.

Looks like they have a brisket burger that I'm going to give a shot next time. The pics look damn good. I wanted to start with their BBQ.

They only open for lunch during the week and evenings on weekends right now. All outdoors with lots of televisions. Not sure how well it will do as I feel like the location is tough but they seem like a solid group of people.

If you're in the area during lunch and craving some BBQ give it a go.

https://www.pipersbarbecue.com/
Martin Q. Blank
Thanks. I'm always looking for solid food, solid brisket make by a solid group of people.
BBRex
AG
I've seen the building. Do they smoke meat on site?
Trolley Problems
Nice to see a review for this place. I've driven by numerous times, but it never seems to be open. That makes sense now with your clarification on the hours. Too bad they're not open earlier on Saturdays. Seems like it'd be a good place to watch football once the season rolls back around. Same folks that own Preslees on 19th I believe.
Chewy
AG
It looks like they smoke on site but I didn't verify. It's a pretty small building and lot but they're just doing enough for lunch. Parking is going to be a mess if ever takes off.

They open at 11 on weekends as well. They're just open until 8:00 on Friday and Saturday unless they sell out which sounds like they do.

I agree it could be a great spot to watch football if the weather is good.
Diggity
AG
seems like the location is fine on paper. There are a ton of restaurants in that area now.

What do you think the issue would be...parking?

edit...just saw your last comment!
jc1402
AG
Same group that owns Preslee's I believe.

Edit: whoops just saw that mentioned above.
Jack Cheese
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Thanks. I'm always looking for solid food, solid brisket make by a solid group of people.

This is a solid post.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
How long do you wait in line? Minimum 1 hour wait before I'll try it.
sushi94
AG
BBRex said:

I've seen the building. Do they smoke meat on site?

They have a smoker out back. Parking is tight.
jetch17
AG
Their 'gram looks good
wessimo
AG
The BBQ is solid.

Not that it matters much, but the potato salad is horrible. Potato, mayo, and very little seasoning.
wessimo
AG
Show up at 6am, it will be a five hour wait so must be really good.
Chewy
AG
I'd like to apologize for my original post and my repetitive use of "solid." I was on a conference call half ass listening to it and half ass typing my post. I didn't want to build the place up but didn't want to discourage people from trying it either.

In the future I'll try to only post when I'm on the can and TexAgs has my most undivided attention.

No promises though as it'll depend on how solid that's going. IYKWIM
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Dropping a solid right now.
ChemAg15
AG
Eat solid food. Drop solid deuce.

I can confirm that Pipers BBQ is solid. I had it last weekend.
MAS444
AG
It looks solid and is busy every time I go by but the patio being almost right on top of Cheppard just doesn't look inviting to me at all.
aggiedent
AG
Solid apology.
drumboy
AG
Solid beer lineup?

Kidding, but I do see them market themselves as 'BBQ & Beer' so I'm gonna be disappointed if I roll in there and it's basically $5 Lone Stars and $6 Karbachs similar to Truth BBQ, though I do appreciate drinking a couple in the long ass line at Truth.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Duckhook
AG
Chewy said:

I'd like to apologize for my original post and my repetitive use of "solid." I was on a conference call half ass listening to it and half ass typing my post. I didn't want to build the place up but didn't want to discourage people from trying it either.

Kind of a half ass apology.
ChemAg15
AG
You're going to be solidly disappointed.
TexasAggie81
Thanks for the recommendation. I love about five or so minutes from that place and have passed by several times wondering if it was any good.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Dumb question, but does this place have indoor seating? Driven by a couple of times and I only saw the benches outside. Thinking about going today but the weather is trash.
ChipFTAC01
AG
How was the deuce?
wessimo
AG
It does have seats inside
TXAG 05
AG
Had lunch here today. Very solid all around.
Onceaggie2.0
Ill stick with Papas thanks
cypress-ag
AG
Onceaggie2.0 said:

Ill stick with Papas thanks
gotta go with the Lima Beans as a side, it'll peel the paint off the walls a few hours later!
TxAger
Heights peeps like it, so.... run the opposite direction!

Pipers is pretty bland BBQ, but I have found "typical" Heights people aren't big on flavor.
They love them some Truth BBQ there too. Very bland.
chimpanzee
wessimo said:

Not that it matters much, but the potato salad is horrible. Potato, mayo, and very little seasoning.
But what is it's viscosity? Liquid, or something else?
ChemAg15
AG
No one said it was life changing stand in line for 6 hours BBQ. We said it was solid.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
How does it square up against Hungry Farmer?
chimpanzee
ChemAg15 said:

No one said it was life changing stand in line for 6 hours BBQ. We said it was solid.

I want to do this some day.

Not because I think any BBQ is worth waiting 6 hours, but I want to be able to have six hours to do nothing other than wait on good BBQ.
ChemAg15
AG
Cant say I've ever stood in line that long for BBQ either. If you could set up with a cooler, some music, and some breakfast tacos it wouldn't be a bad way to spend a Saturday.
chimpanzee
ChemAg15 said:

Cant say I've ever stood in line that long for BBQ either. If you could set up with a cooler, some music, and some breakfast tacos it wouldn't be a bad way to spend a Saturday.
Right, that's what I'm saying. If I had a Saturday morning to do nothing better than eat tacos and drink coffee/beer, I'd have a markedly better lifestyle.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.