Houston
Sponsored by

Getting passport during Covid-19???

2,438 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sazerac
Boo Weekley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone had a passport processed in Houston during the pandemic? Used to be as simple as filling out application and going to library down the street. But so many places offering passport services seen to be closed. Was hoping to get it expedited in 6-8 weeks and want to make sure I'm taking the best approach. Any tips or advice much appreciated.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Did it by mail a few months ago and it was 51-days. No info about in person processing.
Boo Weekley
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Did it by mail a few months ago and it was 51-days. No info about in person processing.

Cool not bad at all, was that just the standard turnaround time? You just get headshot at Walgreens or something?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Yeah, headshot at Walgreens. Mailed priority mail to Irving, TX center. Didn't pay the expedited extra fee, ust went regular processing. Got via regular USPS right at 51 days.
Dill-Ag13
AG
That's exactly how I did it. Good to know thanks
Cromagnum
AG
Same. Walgreen photo and mail in. Haven't gotten it back yet, but process was simple.
Sazerac
AG
Had to do in person and heard post office in Hockley 290 grand parkway was easy. Appt online and in and out.
Stat Monitor Repairman
You should get an automated email when your new passport gets mailed out.
94chem
I downloaded an app where you can take your own photo, then I printed them at Walgreen's. Worked fine. Ironically, last time I had the photo taken there, they rejected it at the post office during my passport appointment.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
combat wombat™
AG
We had our kids' passports done at post office in Cypress... I had the pictures taken there, too.
TexAg2001
AG
Renewed my daughter's passport a few weeks ago. Took photos at Walgreens and made an appointment at the Bellaire Post Office. In and out of the post office in less than 10 minutes. Haven't received the new one yet, but we didn't pay for expediting.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I just renewed mine by mail. They got it September 20 and I got it back December 10.
case04
AG
wife just sent her passport renewal in 2 weeks ago, hopefully she get's it back in time or I will be hanging out in Cabo by myself in April.
Sazerac
AG
We got ours back two weeks ago. They are moving fast
Boomhauer89
AG
About a month for my renewal, probably would have been 3 weeks if it wasn't for the snow storm
DRE06
AG
Boom and Sazerac - How did y'all get your passport. Mail in or at a facility.

Flying to Mexico on May 7 and need one.
LRHF
AG
Just did a renewal without expediting. A couple of months.
tommyjohn
We expedited earlier this month and got them back within two weeks.
Ag_07
AG
What are y'all doing traveling?!?!?

Remember...Stay home. Stay safe.
Sazerac
AG
Post office. New passport for an infant.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.