Houston
Sponsored by

Notice of Criminal Docket via zoom -George Risner

1,860 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mucho austin
FalconAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I checked my mail today and I got a notice of criminal docket via zoom with literally no info on it other than the information to connect to the zoom conference.

No case number, no name, no date no charges or anything.

I checked the court website both criminal and civil and neither my wife and I have anything.

Could this be a scam?

I was certain there would have to be some sort of certified letter or some official notice if I we were charged with a crime.

I'm also hardly ever in Pasadena.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I vote scam. You'll probably connect and they will demand money to keep you from getting arrested. Sad thing it it probably works a high percent of times on olds and immigrants.
FalconAg06
I'm trying to think of how I would even end up on a mailing list for a judge in Pasadena. I live in Moco right on the border of Harris County, and have been to Pasadena maybe once in the last 5 years.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since it is criminal and not civil, we would have had to break the law in the courts jurisdiction.

I'm sure the first I'd hear about it wouldn't be from a letter with instructions for a zoom call.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Pretty sure you'd know if you had pending criminal charges or an investigation.

They're getting awfully creative!
FalconAg06

FtBendTxAg
AG
No letter head seems awfully suspicious as well. I'd suspect all courts and DAs offices use one.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Looks like it may be a legit letter that may have been misdirected. I'd confirm the number online for the clerk for that JP and ask what the deal is.
FalconAg06
If this is a legitimate one apparently it's not a big deal as only class c traffic stuff goes to the JP.

Maybe my wife or I have an old speeding ticket we forgot about
Stat Monitor Repairman
Probably something like that. Maybe a toll road violation. Did you sell or trade in a car recently with the license plates left on?
FalconAg06
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Probably something like that. Maybe a toll road violation. Did you sell or trade in a car recently with the license plates left on?

**** I bet that's it. I traded in my old truck in April
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Call the court. Pretty easy. They put the number right on the letter. Seems like folks forget you can actually use the phone to make a call still.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
We received one as well. Except it was delivered by a sheriff. Ours was because we have a property with a septic tank. Our agreement with Harris county had expired. They did a flyover in December and then sent two notices like you posted. We contacted the judges office and got everything handled.

Go to the Harris county website and get the information about what it's for using the citation info.

https://jpwebsite.harriscountytx.gov/FindMyCase/search.jsp
FalconAg06
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Call the court. Pretty easy. They put the number right on the letter. Seems like folks forget you can actually use the phone to make a call still.

For sure, I was just trying to figure out what was going on before the end of the weekend
FalconAg06
That could be it as well, I'm on septic
Post removed:
by user
Mucho austin
AG
FalconAg06 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

**** I bet that's it. I traded in my old truck in April

I just received a bill for $100+ for toll road fees for 2020 tolls on a car I sold in 2019.

Toll road authority did not have record of the sale, because why would they try to verify. I luckily kept all pics of title with signatures, Bill of sale, buyers license, notification of sale with dmv, and vehicle history report of new buyer getting the title transferred after the date of sale.

Emailed it all to toll authority and they removed my name from being associated with the car. Fairly painless.

HOWEVER, I did catch this before it became a court issue. In the past, I did get valid toll charges on a car, but they were sending all invoices to a years old address. Eventually they sent it to court and I was never notified of the court date. I of course didn't show up. Judgment against me and I ended up owing tolls, late fees and court costs. 5ish tolls ended up costing me $1200. Courts, lawyers, toll authority said once there was judgment there was nothing I could do to dispute it.

I will never get a toll tag or take a toll road because of this.

Make sure you figure out if this is legit or not before the court date.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.