Houston
Sponsored by

9mm rounds on shelf anywhere

2,529 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DustysLineup
thirdcoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody know where 9mm target rounds can be procured?
jetch17
AG
No.
jetch17
AG
You're gonna have to go camp out at academy with the others at opening for maybe a shot, but the truck only comes certain days.

I watched a guy & son get literally laughed at by the gun dept guys at bunker a few days ago as there were ZERO bullets or shells of any kind - which is the case at every store.
jetch17
AG
There's plenty online at a premium though
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
You gotta line up at academy like 30 minutes before the truck arrives and hope the truck has some.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Does anyone know if shooting ranges (top gun, Athena, boyert) still have it on the shelf for paying lane customers? I'd like to let some lead fly without sending my critical defense/jhp rounds down range.

Shooting range markup seems very fair these days compared to online prices!

Also, Carter's country had a few boxes on the shelf last week with a one box limit.
RK
AG
Unlikely.

If you just need a few boxes, online prices suck but are not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. If you need 1000 rounds, it starts to matter.
aggietony2010
AG
When I went to Athena about a month ago, they had 9mm for use on their range.

Top gun emailed me earlier this week saying the same.
thirdcoast
AG
Thanks all...stopped by Academy. Sounds like Mon, Wed, Fri at open in Academy to get in line for 3 box max per person.
AGHouston11
AG
Looks like about a $1 a Round online
That makes you not want to target practice !
Bondag
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Looks like about a $1 a Round online
That makes you not want to target practice !

Makes the $0.40 per round I paid this summer a steal.

Are pawn shops tapped out now?
Ag_07
AG
At $1 per round for 9 mm I'll just not shoot.

That's ridiculous
94chem
Ag_07 said:

At $1 per round for 9 mm I'll just not shoot.

That's ridiculous

I'm not even sure I'd defend myself at that price.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
Was going through some old file cabinets in my garage today where I had forgotten I stored some old hunting gear and ammo from my Dad after he passed away 10 years ago. I found 100 rd. 9mm, 200 rd 30 carbine and 300 rd 22 mag. The 22 mag had a price tag of $5.95/50 rd box & the 9mm was $9.95.
It was day of good memories and great finds!
strohag
AG
Not to derail but does anybody have a box or two of 30-30 150 grain they wouldn't mind selling in Houston? Dad still shoots the old lever action and a box or two would last him years. I just can't find him a box anywhere. I'll meet you and buy a couple beers on top of it. Let me know.
thirdcoast
AG
Anyone zero in a pistol red dot lately? If you zero it using 9mm 115gr fmj target rounds, are you good to go with edc 150 gr hollow points? Or is it best zero your expensive edc rounds too?

Just got a G48 MOS with swampfox sentinel micro red dot.
RK
AG
If you're going to shoot somebody, it's probably not going to be from 50 yards...don't think it matters, realistically.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
You are asking good questions. This article has some good info (directed at LEO's but the info is still good) that I wish I'd known when I started carrying. Most encounters are just feet away. Get a self defense bullet with good expansion and penetration and practice with it enough that you trust your life to it. I also don't carry a round unless I've shot bullets from that box. I mostly shoot FMJ, then periodically shoot self defense rounds. And just having a gun and good bullet isn't going to save you. You have to practice with it until you can handle it in your sleep/blindfolded. Load, unload, clear jams, etc.

https://www.tierthreetactical.com/17-most-important-gunfight-stats-backed-by-data-and-real-world-experience/

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
MattAg98
AG
I went to Shiloh Shooting range on Saturday and they had a bunch of 9mm PMC ammo for range use. it was $40 per box of 50.
DustysLineup
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.