Houston
Sponsored by

Fancy BBQ

16,447 Views | 172 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Whoop Delecto
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is waiting in line for fancy BBQ still a thing? Haven't heard much about this since the covid mess started. I'm talking about the queing in the morning kind of line, not a lunch rush line.
TriAg2010
AG
Misread your post, but yes, I think it's still a thing
StillNotAnAggie
Tejas BBQ in Tomball had their first person in line at 6:40 this morning. They open at 11.
jetch17
AG
Not as much as ammo or bourbon
Jack Cheese
AG
StillNotAnAggie said:

Tejas BBQ in Tomball had their first person in line at 6:40 this morning. They open at 11.

Sheeesh
lamivudine
StillNotAnAggie said:

should have come to my backyard my bbq is better
Jack Cheese
AG
lamivudine said:

StillNotAnAggie said:

should have come to my backyard my bbq is better

But is your backyard a craftory?
Ag_N_Houston
AG
StillNotAnAggie said:

Their food is good, but definitely not that good.
schmendeler
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

StillNotAnAggie said:

Their food is good, but definitely not that good.
Nor is there a need to be there that early.
Al Bula
AG
People who stand in line for BBQ are slightly lower in the social weirdo pecking order than kolache "it's a klobasnek" dorks but higher than Jeep decorator dorks.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ocean Of Funk said:

People who stand in line for BBQ are slightly lower in the social weirdo pecking order than kolache "it's a klobasnek" dorks but higher than Jeep decorator dorks.

I think we should delve a little deeper into this. Where do you rank people that que up for special release beer? What about the people that go from Specs to Specs buying up all the special release beer?
Jack Cheese
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Where do you rank people that que up for special release beer? What about the people that go from Specs to Specs buying up all the special release beer?
Slightly above adults who collect limited edition action figures. Both of which are above people who go to Astros games just for the giveaways.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I've only ever stood at line for more than an hour at Franklins. And it's like a tailgate party that you are guaranteed victory at the end of, if it was just a line it would suck but still be the best brisket you've ever had
StillNotAnAggie
I just wanted to say that it was not me standing in line. They posted it online. I ordered Corkscrew to be picked up, I'm not waiting in line.
cc10106
StillNotAnAggie said:

It was to get one of the tickets they have on weekends to guarantee a spot in the front of the line when they opened. It's still extreme to show up that early, and he may have stuck around and waited the whole time for all I know, but he didn't have to with the ticket. Just come back later and skip everyone when the time comes. Beats the hell outta showing up later and standing in line in the cold for a while anyway.
bigjag19
AG
I waited well over an hour at Salt Lick circa 2008.

We were nicely drunk from our beer cooler by the time we sat down.
Al Bula
AG
Standing in a shorter line to get a ticket to skip the longer line or getting drunk while in the line are flimsy excuses for justifying standing in line at all.
The Milkman
AG
I've never understood people's issue with this. Would you rather eat a 7/10 meal and hurry back home, or eat a 10/10 and sit around drinking beers with your friends for a while longer.
schmendeler
AG
I think it's just people that don't really enjoy food that much and can't understand people who do.
ChipFTAC01
AG
How about people who dress up in cosplay for the Renaissance Festival vs dress up for comic book conventions?

Oh, and adults who are "really into Disney" and go several times a year sans kids?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

How about people who dress up in cosplay for the Renaissance Festival vs dress up for comic book conventions?

Oh, and adults who are "really into Disney" and go several times a year sans kids?
the chain mall titty women are ok in my book. All the rest are slightly below the bbq line people.

What about the guy that brings some obscure pet to a large crowd event? Used to be snake man, but snake man has diversified to other strange pets now, so I am lumping them all together.
drumboy
AG
I had to wait 30 minutes for Killens a few years ago and free lone stars made it ok.

I used to think the Q line dorks were lame until I found out it's an excuse to sit around and drink beer. Genius.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Oooh I remember snake guy. Any outdoor festival in the 90s, he was there with his reptile mate draped around his neck.
water turkey
What's weirder, standing in line for BBQ or standing in line at Petco to get dog pictures with Santa Clause?
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
List favorite places to go where you do not have to wait in line... profit??
jetch17
AG
Pinkertons
Roegels
Truth
htxag09
AG
The Milkman said:

I've never understood people's issue with this. Would you rather eat a 7/10 meal and hurry back home, or eat a 10/10 and sit around drinking beers with your friends for a while longer.

Also consider waiting 10-15 minutes for a table at a sit down restaurant, sitting down, getting drinks, etc, and ordering, food is rarely to you within 30 minutes. But wait 30 minutes in line for bbq and you're weird.

I'd wait 30 minutes for truth any day.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
jetch17 said:

Pinkertons
Roegels
Truth

Gracias.
ccolley68
AG
Pinkerton is the ****, and the line is brisk if at all when I go. Parking is a different story.
jetch17
AG
There's no 'gotta line up for hours' at any of those ... sure a small wait during lunch rush, but nothing more than standing in line at freebirds or sh*t like that

Yeah the parking blows at P's (and the others for that matter) but I like I can go get a viet iced coffee at hughies across the street afterwards
AgCPA95
AG
jetch17 said:

There's no 'gotta line up for hours' at any of those ... sure a small wait during lunch rush, but nothing more than standing in line at freebirds or sh*t like that

Yeah the parking blows at P's (and the others for that matter) but I like I can go get a viet iced coffee at hughies across the street afterwards
Parking could be a little tight at Roegels, especially pre-COVID during lunch rush, but just get your ride washed at Best Car Wash while you wait and eat they take of the parking.
Post removed:
by user
I Am A Critic
third coast.. said:

Jack Cheese said:

i am pretty sure this exact person is the one i hate the absolute most on earth. just look at that thing, you can hardly recognize it as human and you know for a fact that everything he says will just grate on your every nerve.

Imagine being the President of James Coney Island and having to listen to it.
Username checks out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.